Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

What a sight, let's hope that's full team training or close to it.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1389585076053291010?s=19

Tierney is 90% would you start him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Tierney is 90% would you start him ?

90% fitness or 90% healed?

If 90% fitness then I start him, if 90% healed then I see how things go and bring him on if needed. Tricky either way in case it ends 2-1

Edit: Seen now that they were both in full training today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Virgin Media Two are showing the second leg of Roma Vs Man Utd tomorrow. They showed the first leg last week and at 6-2 Utd look safe for the final. That's biased and not fair at all as Arsenal Vs Villarreal should be on imo. A 1-0 win will put us through on away goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

DenMan wrote: »
    Virgin Media Two are showing the second leg of Roma Vs Man Utd tomorrow. They showed the first leg last week and at 6-2 Utd look safe for the final. That's biased and not fair at all as Arsenal Vs Villarreal should be on imo. A 1-0 win will put us through on away goals.

United have a vastly bigger fan base than Arsenal and its all about the viewer count for ad revenue!

DenMan wrote: »
    A 1-0 win will put us through on away goals.

I'd say we need to score a minimum of 3 goals tomorrow night. I couldn't take the tension of holding on to a 1-0 lead (even if we do manage to score first).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd say we need to score a minimum of 3 goals tomorrow night. I couldn't take the tension of holding on to a 1-0 lead (even if we do manage to score first).

That's high hopes. Will snap a 1-0 right now. I'm not confident at all and the away goal rule hasn't been our friend over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet (we so rarely manage it), so suspect we'll need 3 goals to advance myself. That or the dreaded penalty shootout.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    That's high hopes. Will snap a 1-0 right now. I'm not confident at all and the away goal rule hasn't been our friend over the years.

Not high hopes, it's just the reality of how I think we need to win. I can't see us keeping them scoreless. That requires 90 mins of none of their players doing anything brilliant (when they look like they have a couple of players that are fully capable) and none of our players making a calamitous mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Today is looking like a tale of three goalies.....

Leno muttering about moving on

Lehmann terminated as a consultant from Hertha following an unnaceptible tweet

Szczesny looks like he favours a move back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Our match against Palace rescheduled to Wednesday 19th

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2128958

6th May - Europa
    9th May - West Brom (home)
    12th May - Chelsea (away)
    19th May - Palace (away)
    23rd May - Brighton (home)
    26th May - Europa finals??

• Advertisement

I hope the Sarri talk is bullsh*t. Dont rate him at all. Id keep Arteta over getting him given the choice. Conte on the other hand....we can only dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

If these numbers are even half of what this tweet says they are then absolutely no chance of a Szczesny return unfortunately.

Everton have been linked who I could see giving him mad wages as they are pretty mad with money themselves.

https://twitter.com/7amkickoff/status/1389962126740004865?s=19

280k a week for Scez??? :eek: He's not worth half of that. Insane money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Whatever about City winning a first CL, the thought of Chelsea winning it again is depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Just look at what Tuchel is doing at Chelsea. And us in 10th struggling in the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I don't watch too many games outside of the arsenal but watched last night and tonight. Unfortunately we're a million miles away from that level. Really impressed with Chelsea tonight, should really have won that by 5 if they took their chances. Don't really want either of them to win but I can't warm to pep or City so Chelsea it is.
    Hopefully we do the business tomorrow, can't see us keeping a clean sheet so hoping for an early goal and giving ourselves time to get a second. Is it only on bt?

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Just look at what Tuchel is doing at Chelsea. And us in 10th struggling in the Europa League.

Oh trust the process :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

In fairness, he has a lot more to work with and also did not need a clear out of dead wood halfway through the season and also a pile of ****e behind the scenes to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's more to the point how bad was Frank Lampard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

If these numbers are even half of what this tweet says they are then absolutely no chance of a Szczesny return unfortunately.

Everton have been linked who I could see giving him mad wages as they are pretty mad with money themselves.

https://twitter.com/7amkickoff/status/1389962126740004865?s=19

Why did Scez leave again lads? I can't remember. Did Wenger choose Fabianzki over him?

• Advertisement

Smoking in the showers and form dropped off a cliff if i remember right

Big day lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

anyone care to guess the lineup for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

In fairness, he has a lot more to work with and also did not need a clear out of dead wood halfway through the season and also a pile of ****e behind the scenes to deal with

While I agree Chelsea's squad is better than ours it just goes to show how replacing an underperforming, inexperienced manager can have a transformative effect on a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus that was close. Heading off to work shortly, almost couldn't find my lucky socks.

That would have ruined everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Only thing I care about is even if Tierney is only 50% he has got to play!!! The team is so much more balanced with him in the side, Xhaxa is terrible at left back I have seen milk turn quicker.......Also I like to see Martinelli start and run the back for ragged for 60mins and then give Auba a run.

Team Id like to see.

Leno (Just)
    Tierney - Gabriel - Mari - Bellerin
    Partey - Xhaxa -
    Saka - Rowe - Pepe
    Auba/Martinelli

Leno
    Tierney Gabriel Chambers ,Bellerin
    Saka Partey Xhaka Smyth Rowe Pepe
    Aubameyang

that way you have Odegaard, Laca and Martinelli to change things , i'd have Luiz over chambers aswell if he's somehow fit

Why you all playing Bellerin LB and KT on the right? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Anybody see that interview with Auba that Sky are showing today? Christ do I feel guilty for suggesting he was slacking. Sometimes it’s difficult as a fan to see beyond the professional footballer and remember there’s a human soul behind the facade. I hope he puts on a masterclass tonight and wins the game for us. COYG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

__________Tierney____________
    Tierney, Tierney, Tierney, Tierney
    _______Tierney, Tierney________
    ___Tierney, Tierney, Tierney
    __________Tierney____________

Surely we’ll be on Virgin Media Sport Extra. All it says is Europa League but doesn’t say what it is. Man U are on the main channel. I know we’re on BT Sport 2. Does anyone know if we’re on VM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Looking forward to tonight. We can do this! COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Surely we’ll be on Virgin Media Sport Extra. All it says is Europa League but doesn’t say what it is. Man U are on the main channel. I know we’re on BT Sport 2. Does anyone know if we’re on VM?

It’s on Virgin Media Sport Extra 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

emmetlego wrote: »
    Anybody see that interview with Auba that Sky are showing today? Christ do I feel guilty for suggesting he was slacking. Sometimes it’s difficult as a fan to see beyond the professional footballer and remember there’s a human soul behind the facade. I hope he puts on a masterclass tonight and wins the game for us. COYG

Anywhere I can catch this online?

• Advertisement

Didn't expect to be this nervous about the game, please, please, please win handy so our nerves aren't shattered!

FLOOPER wrote: »

Think I saw it on Sky Sports twitter earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Was hoping to see Mari benched tbh. Must be Saka at LB too.

Excited for this game here's the line up

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1390362672756137990?s=19

Totalsportek

• Advertisement

I'm guessing this is it

If Tierney is fit enough for the bench then why not start him?????? It's our most important game of the season.

Very hard to predict what why that could line up cause Smith Rowe could play the Ceballos role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Could be xhaka left back still with esr In midfield but hopefully not. Pepe and aubs to have big games

Apparently Saka is right wing on warm up drills. So Xhaka left back..not a fan of that at all

I’ll never understand Xhaka at left back. Play Saka or Cedric there ffs. We need Xhaka in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Disappointed that Tierney wasn't deemed fit to start. I feel with that back line there is always a big change to concede and I definitely can't see us scoring three goals.

This tie will be decided on which Auba & Pepe turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Saka left back, Xhaka at CM and Auba down the middle and we should have too much for these. Shame about Mari starting over Gabriel.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Disappointed that Tierney wasn't deemed fit to start. I feel with that back line there is always a big change to concede and I definitely can't see us scoring three goals.

This tie will be decided on which Auba & Pepe turn up.

Fairly sure Villarreal have only conceded 3 or more twice this season in all competitions. Once when they lost to Barca 4-0, and another when they won a Europa game 5-3.

The boys are gonna have to do something special tonight. The hope is that we score early. If we concede early on, I'll probably switch it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Xhaka injured in the warmup. Tierney on.

Someone's voodoo doll worked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement