Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Really p1ssed off this night.

An analysis from the fence of manager in/out

Partey was brilliant in moments, but had 2/3 moments when we are an inch away from conceding an easy chance with him. No support and him defending a back 4 alone? Xhaka injury was a big kick in the groin!

Saka, ESR, MO and a few others are exciting talents. But at their age/experience, you cannot expect to run a Euro semi final. Tried boyfully, but alas... A great training session for them against seasoned Euro professionals.

Thought Auba was really brilliant, despite the lack of service.

For me? Pepe was MOTM on our team. Thought he ran and ran and was so threatening and they double and treble teamed him, so the reaction from our players/manager should have been to utilise that.

Alas. We start again. You do know, the year before Liverpool made the big breakthrough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Quazzie wrote: »
    The tactics were simple. Ensure we don't concede (which we never really look like doing), and try score a single goal (which we were a coat of paint on an upright away from doing).

More emphasis should have been made on our counter attacks I felt, but I can se what Arteta tried to do and he came close. Under previous managers we have been losing big. Now our losses are by very very fine margins.

Fantastic. I hope we 0-0 our way to avoiding relegation next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Unlucky Tayto you enjoy the bottom half of the league all going well..

Ps go on tiny villa real schooled your gunner sore ass tonight.
    Great defence over both semi's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Maybe Stan will take the money now.
    Whatever about tactics, Arteta couldn’t even fire them up. Has to go. Enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

If playing Tierney tonight meant preventing Pepe from attacking, Tierney shouldn't have played.

That and it didn't look like there was any leadership on or off the pitch tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Can safely say this is the worst rendition of Arsenal I’ve ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The tactics were simple. Ensure we don't concede (which we never really look like doing), and try score a single goal (which we were a coat of paint on an upright away from doing).

More emphasis should have been made on our counter attacks I felt, but I can se what Arteta tried to do and he came close. Under previous managers we have been losing big. Now our losses are by very very fine margins.

Id rather the team lose 10-0 with passion and flair than lose 2-1 being limpless, with a whimper. There was no heart, no gumption, and our boat was without a rudder.. arrivederci.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

emmetlego wrote: »
    Really p1ssed off this night.

An analysis from the fence of manager in/out

Partey was brilliant in moments, but had 2/3 moments when we are an inch away from conceding an easy chance with him. No support and him defending a back 4 alone? Xhaka injury was a big kick in the groin!

Saka, ESR, MO and a few others are exciting talents. But at their age/experience, you cannot expect to run a Euro semi final. Tried boyfully, but alas... A great training session for them against seasoned Euro professionals.

Thought Auba was really brilliant, despite the lack of service.

For me? Pepe was MOTM on our team. Thought he ran and ran and was so threatening and they double and treble teamed him, so the reaction from our players/manager should have been to utilise that.

Alas. We start again. You do know, the year before Liverpool made the big breakthrough...

The decision not to bring Elneny in for Xhaka tells you he was going to start at LB again, which was exactly how we lost the first game.

Fail to learn from your mistakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

davycc wrote: »

And what tournament are spurs in ya fùckin ham, only bottled a trophy a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

94/95 was pretty bad but at least we had highbury and a proper crest instead of the soluless dome and alixpress arsenal badge.

• Advertisement

Arteta looks broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

wonga77 wrote: »
    We are absolutely hopeless going forward, not just tonight but every fecking game. We have decent attacking players but they look absolutely clueless this season

See this I agree with. THIS is genuine criticism of Arteta.

Like I've said Arteta has enough problems without the need to blame him for stuff that isn't his fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

davycc wrote: »

Wanna go back to the black and white days last time spurs won anything of note, nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    If he gets the boot he can have no complaints.

Dark dark times ahead lads.

Where has our club gone.

Where has the heart gone.

We are a failure on and off the pitch
    It all stems from when kroenke took over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Please lend me your glasses. I think you're just trolling at this stage.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Ah here Arteta is saying we deserved to win this game

Who is free this summer to replace Arteta?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Yet.

Worst rendition yet.

We're pure ****e and I don't have much hope

Arteta doesn't think we were overrun in midfield.. so what happened then?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Funny game, it was like an absolute refusal to attack no matter what the score, or time left. At no point did Arsenal even try to lose this game by trying to win this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

Talking about qualifying for Europe through the league. That ship sailed mate.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I've said it before and I'll say it again; until a number of these players change (and it's a long list), nothing will change. Doesn't matter who's in charge.

Talking about qualifying for Europe through the league. That ship sailed mate.

Yup it sailed long ago.

Arsenal are finishe as a club

The team shape and fluidity in possession was awful tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This **** is making Emery ball seem good

Well, suddenly having a manager with no experience in a game against a manager with lots of experience suddenly looks a bit silly.

x PyRo wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; until a number of these players change (and it's a long list), nothing will change. Doesn't matter who's in charge.

yup i agree.

You may get a nice run of games with a new manager for 6 months and then **** will hit the fan again. rinse and repeat

• Advertisement

Who is free this summer to replace Arteta?

I don’t see any big names being available or even interested. Personally I’d like someone young but experienced. Difficult times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yup it sailed long ago.

Arsenal are finishe as a club

Arsenal are not finished as a club, we will NEVER be finished as a club.

Bad times yes, never finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I simply can't fathom why anyone has any faith in Arteta at this stage. No defined style of play, players never appear motivated for the matches.
    I could understand if we weren't scoring but giving masterful defensive displays (or vice versa) but we don't even have that. Its just calamity after calamity with players making silly mistakes through sheer lack of focus

For me, the players look completely lost on the field and that is a reflection of him. He's never been in this position before as a manager so it's impossible to say how he'll dig us out of it apart from blind faith.
    Ive seen nothing to suggest he's going to improve things next year. I liked Arteta as a player and he comes across well in interviews but he's way out of his dept. I blame the owners for that, they took a gamble and it misfired. If he were to get the boot in the morning, what other club in any league would headhunt him?
    It's all just too meh for me. It's awful disappointing to have fcuk all to play for this early in the year.
    I wouldn't mind but Villareal are very average and we made them look decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭Azatadine

What's your opinion tonight Beers. I always value your opinion.

Na bro we are finished.

Kroenke has destroyed our club.

i honestly predict we will get relegated in a couple of seasons.

Its been a slow car crash since Kroenke took over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

One shot on target TONIGHT.. ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

omega man wrote: »
    I don’t see any big names being available or even interested. Personally I’d like someone young but experienced. Difficult times.

Eddie Howe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The only positive from this is the lack of European football may act as a catalyst for Kroenke to sell. Ah well at least we lasted until May until our season ended!

I admire your confidence and hope your right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,417 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

omega man wrote: »

Wasnt Allegri in the mix when the board though Arteta was the man because he sat next to and tries to dress like Pep

gandalf wrote: »
    The only positive from this is the lack of European football may act as a catalyst for Kroenke to sell. Ah well at least we lasted until May until our season ended!

Hopefully

Any person that thinks that, should probably follow a different club. Generations have made this club, even with the Kroenke gang, we are timeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Benitez would be the new Mr Onenil To De Arsenal

Get him in, he's be great.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Wasnt Allegri in the mix when the board though Arteta was the man because he sat next to and tries to dress like Pep

Good grief. They're all here tonight

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

i honestly predict we will get relegated in a couple of seasons.

:pac: Go back to bed lad.

• Advertisement

Agus arís

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

I can't remember a young novice manager taking over at a club, having things go this badly, and then subsequently turning it around. Has that ever happened?

Solskjaer? Although things never got this bad for him.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Any person that thinks that, should probably follow a different club. Generations have made this club, even with the Kroenke gang, we are timeless.

Big big clubs have fallen before and more will follow. Just hope it's not us..slippery slope we are on I'm afraid

x PyRo wrote: »
    :pac: Go back to bed lad.

LOL well we are closer to the relegation then top 4 lol

Big big clubs have fallen before and more will follow. Just hope it's not us..slippery slope we are on I'm afraid

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Artetas answers to the media are embarrassing but not much else he can say I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Eddie Howe?
    Here in peace, not taking the p1ss. You mentioned Eddie Howe. If you're going to go down that avenue, what about Graham Potter? He tries to play a decent brand of football with a relatively limited squad at Brighton. If they'd had a half decent striker, they would be several places higher than they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

They could do a lot worse.

Arsenal till I die.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Agree if you have been supporting them since Terry Neil and Don Howe we where a mid table team then

Last 20 years have brought success but when you pick a team as a kid you pick them for life.

Through thick and thin and ups and downs and this is a down which is hard

We will survive and get better when is anyone's guess but their like a second heart for me which on occasion gets broken but on other occasions gives me so much joy

COYG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement