Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

lets be fank, xhaka doesnt react like that all the time. his played 100 of game of arsenal and how many times his reacted like that?

even world class players makes mistakes and react poorly etc.

His not the only problem anyway , the whole squad is.

Mentally weak. Why cant the board sack off all the players and start from scratch and let arteta get the players he wants and feels will match his ambitons and style?

The idea that this is all a players issue and Arteta is great is mental. Week in week out he picks baffling teams and he has managed to make this lot significantly worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Why cant the board sack off all the players and start from scratch and let arteta get the players he wants and feels will match his ambitons and style?

This isn't a computer game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wonga77 wrote: »
    the worst part about this is that Southampton are up next and there are a far better team than Burnley

I would argue the worst part is the disintegration of our club.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

omega man wrote: »
    Arteta basically put the cones of for pep and charity FC handed him the big job ffs. Sorry that’s harsh but true.
    People would have laughed Eddie Howe out the gate if we’d appointed him and probably rightly so but yet he’s a proven premier league manager.
    What have we done....

Like theres basics such as pass and move you kind of expect to see in every team. Even that is completely lacking, its pass to the wings or backwards and stay static.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

For all the lads saying that Arteta picks the wrong team, can ye state how he could have changed the team today to give us a better result?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Arteta basically put the cones of for pep and charity FC handed him the big job ffs. Sorry that’s harsh but true.
    People would have laughed Eddie Howe out the gate if we’d appointed him and probably rightly so but yet he’s a proven premier league manager.
    What have we done....

And whats your excuse for Emery then? a triple trophy at PSG and won loads for valencia in europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

And to think before the league started I threw a tenner on arsenal to win 😂😂

Quazzie wrote: »
    For all the lads saying that Arteta picks the wrong team, can ye state how he could have changed the team today to give us a better result?

of course not. the people here slating arteta cant answer you that.

lets be fank, xhaka doesnt react like that all the time. his played 100 of game of arsenal and how many times his reacted like that?

Mentally weak. Why cant the board sack off all the players and start from scratch and let arteta get the players he wants and feels will match his ambitons and style?

It would cost half the price of a new stadium to sack most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not having Willian in it would be a start. Never seen an attacker bring less to the table.

• Advertisement

Genuinely? I would've played Smith Rowe instead of Lacazette hes been nothing but great in cup matches and europa league. Niles instead of Bellerin. Ceballos instead of Xhaka. Added to all those changes I'd beat them with a stick until their response to having the ball is pass forward, and move centrally.

It would cost half the price of a new stadium to sack most of them.

worth the investment

Arteta's job is to get the most out of the players he has. I'm struggling to think of one player that is playing remotely close to their potential. Maybe Gabriel and Tierney.

Not having Willian in it would be a start. Never seen an attacker bring less to the table.

So your idea is to start with ten men???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Basil3 wrote: »
    Arteta's job is to get the most out of the players he has. I'm struggling to think of one player that is playing remotely close to their potential. Maybe Gabriel and Tierney.

And agaiin Emery?

Why did he fail then? a HIGHLY experienced manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Surely doing the same thing week in week out in the league and it not working means you have to change something.
    For a start Willian, Lacca and Bellerin have been awful and still get picked, Arteta has no plan B whatsoever and Plan A hasn't been working for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Cedric for Bellerin hes so much better technically
    Ceballos for Xhaka he's the only one with a bit of creativity, could have even swapped willian for AMN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A lot of people thought Burnley were the perfect team to be playing at home when trying to get back on the winning trail, me included.
    This shows that there are no easy marks in the EPL. You have approach every game in the right frame of mind and with the right plan and team.
    Arteta didn’t do that and I don’t think he’s up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Cedric for Bellerin
    Cebellos for Elneny/Xhaka playing too negative midfielders are home to Burnley is shocking
    Willock over Willian

Try change the energy and dimensions of the team,

Maybe even start AMM reward him for his early season form and EL, positive energy in a team dead of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

How can you justify Willian? I'd be more inclined he's undercover working for Chelsea than I would be inclined to start him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Arteta now favourite on Betfair to be the next PL manager to leave

Genuinely? I would've played Smith Rowe instead of Lacazette hes been nothing but great in cup matches and europa league. Niles instead of Bellerin. Ceballos instead of Xhaka. Added to all those changes I'd beat them with a stick until their response to having the ball is pass forward, and move centrally.

ESR and the likes look great when the opponent is Dundalk. You're not comparing like with like there at all. As poor as Burnley are, their U23s would comfortably beat Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

And whats your excuse for Emery then? a triple trophy at PSG and won loads for valencia in europa.

I don’t have an excuse for Emery but Arteta wasn’t the answer that’s clear as day.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Cedric for Bellerin
    Cebellos for Elneny/Xhaka playing too negative midfielders are home to Burnley is shocking
    Willock over Willian

Try change the energy and dimensions of the team,

Maybe even start AMM reward him for his early season form and EL, positive energy in a team dead of it

Cebellos and willock have played in the league and done sweet FA mate.

Cedric just came from injury no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

GoOd OnE QuAZziE

ESR and the likes look great when the opponent is Dundalk. You're not comparing like with like there at all. As poor as Burnley are, their U23s would comfortably beat Dundalk

But this lot would struggle with a Dundalk right now, I genuinely believe that

I don’t have an excuse for Emery but Arteta wasn’t the answer that’s clear as day.

More like changing managers is not the answer ...

I think he deserves a shot, he can only play what hes against and has done well in the Bundesliga as well. Think hes looked better than a lot of the first team tbh. I also think the rest of the approach would help. Getting it to the wing and putting in the crosses while ignoring an entire third of the pitch (the middle) isn;t a good approach. Think we missed that forward passing and movement centrally when we lost Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Could they do any worse than what our there?

• Advertisement

More like changing managers is not the answer ...

Let’s wait and see at what point you change your mind and you will sooner or later.

And agaiin Emery?

Why did he fail then? a HIGHLY experienced manager?

Correct. He also failed to get the most out of the players. Whether it was his poor communication, crap tactics, or bizarre team selections, I don't know.

Possibly a combination of the 3.

Cebellos and willock have played in the league and done sweet FA mate.

Cedric just came from injury no?

Willock has had next no PL time this season

Cebellos has been given no run of games he showed last season what he can do when backed

Cedric isn’t injured just not selected in the league

El Sueño wrote: »
    Arteta now favourite on Betfair to be the next PL manager to leave

I can't see it happening after how long it took them to get rid of Emery and Arteta is much more central to their setup than Emery ever was.

Let’s wait and see at what point you change your mind and you will sooner or later.

i wont, ever, until i see a starting 11 that consists of players arteta has bought/recruited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Guys and gals I advice to check your fellow Arsenal friends. Arsenal will be the death of us all..

https://twitter.com/SemperFiArsenal/status/1338228168679821312?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I can't see it happening after how long it took them to get rid of Emery and Arteta is much more central to their setup than Emery ever was.

We are worse than under Emery. We are worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

In 31 league games under Arteta, Arsenal have 11 defeats and only 13 wins.

12 defeats and 13 wins in 32 league games. Times up.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Willock has had next no PL time this season

Cebellos has been given no run of games he showed last season what he can do when backed

Cedric isn’t injured just not selected in the league

I am pretty sure Willock has. he played against Leeds. Started even and did NOTHING.

Cebellos has played a few times this season and again, nothing.

Bellerin is suspended for the next game as is Xhaka. So I'm really looking forward to what these magnificent replacements are going to do against Southampton on Wednesday. According to some here, suspensions light actually lead to Arteta naming a better team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I'm majorly disappointed with his team selection tonight and playing xhaka is his fault. He would be gone from the club now if it wasn't for decision makers at the club.

I love Arteta and believe he will be a great manager but my god this group of players would drive a nun to the whore house. The are not good enough

I don't even know what the answer is and it's killing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The Arteta experiment has failed.

I can't really understand it but something has gone wrong somewhere.

He's got to go now in my opinion.

i wont, ever, until i see a starting 11 that consists of players arteta has bought/recruited

We’re 5 points above relegation. It’s not all about the players. They’re good enough for top 7 minimum. Arteta isn’t even pep light.

Buy championship manager if you want to see that. Your supporting the wrong club if you think that will ever happen.

Arteta isn’t struggling to break top 4 here he’s at relegation he’s under performing to a ridiculous level for the player at his disposal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A lot of the crowd left early.
    Others stayed to boo.

Arteta’s tenure is very shaky now.

Bellerin is suspended for the next game as is Xhaka. So I'm really looking forward to what these magnificent replacements are going to do against Southampton on Wednesday. According to some here, suspensions light actually lead to Arteta naming a better team.

yea Willock and callabos our saviors.....

Honestly he shoud drop the first team on wed, play the europa team.

Azatadine wrote: »
    We are worse than under Emery. We are worse.

I know, but are the owners prepared to act or anyone in the club. A lot of the higher ups probably bet on Arteta in a big way as manager and would have to backtrack.

Honestly he shoud drop the first team on wed, play the europa team.

Too late. He should have dropped some of them ages ago and maybe he’d have got a reaction.

• Advertisement

Might be what keeps him in a job his hand is forced now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement