Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Pepe the Magnificant. 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ceballos really controlling the midfield. Shows what he can do

Our short corners are embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

greendom wrote: »
    Ceballos really controlling the midfield. Shows what he can do

Makes me more angry that he can do it. Where was he when we needed him.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Our short corners are embarrassing

Our corners have been poor all season. Well apart from the first handful of games.

It's just Arteta and The Process. Arteta and The Process and their adventures, The Process.. Arteta AND The Process FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS Arteta and The Process.. some...things.. Me and Arteta and The Process runnin' around and... Arteta and The Process time... a- all day long forever.. all a - a hundred days Arteta and The Process! forever a hundred times.... OVER and over Arteta and The Process... adventures dot com.. W W W dot at Arteta and The Process dot com w..w..w... Arteta and The Process adventures.. ah- hundred years..... every minute Arteta and The Process dot com.... w w w a hundred times... Arteta and The Process dot com.......

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

omega man wrote: »
    No pressure on us, we’ve seen this before. What a pity we can’t pull this out when needed.

I'm sorry to be negative, because that was a fun half, but where was this against Fulham etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Elneny is like Xabi Alonso out there tonight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's just Arteta and The Process. Arteta and The Process and their adventures, The Process.. Arteta AND The Process FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS Arteta and The Process.. some...things.. Me and Arteta and The Process runnin' around and... Arteta and The Process time... a- all day long forever.. all a - a hundred days Arteta and The Process! forever a hundred times.... OVER and over Arteta and The Process... adventures dot com.. W W W dot at Arteta and The Process dot com w..w..w... Arteta and The Process adventures.. ah- hundred years..... every minute Arteta and The Process dot com.... w w w a hundred times... Arteta and The Process dot com.......

:pac:

Serious question mate. Are you ok? Maybe you need to take a step back from following Arsenal at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm sorry to be negative, because that was a fun half, but where was this against Fulham etc?

It's actually annoying me that we're playing relatively well because of the absolute turgid ****e we've seen for most of the season

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Serious question mate. Are you ok? Maybe you need to take a step back from following Arsenal at the moment.

Never heard of Rick and Morty no?

Were you ok when you didn't post for a few weeks? I'll check in from now on when you disappear for a bit. Mate.

Willian has looked very lively, very intelligent player. His true ball passes remind me so much of Ozil, finding those little pockets of space.

Never heard of Rick and Morty no?

Were you ok when you didn't post for a few weeks? I'll check in from now on when you disappear for a bit. Mate.

I was serving a two week ban for a misjudged joke.

Wouldn't be familiar with Rick and Morty myself, and i genuinely didn't mean it as a dig. I know there's a fair bit of back and forth in here but I wouldn't wish any bad on anyone in here.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I was serving a two week ban for a misjudged joke.
    Sucks to be you.
    Wouldn't be familiar with Rick and Morty myself, and i genuinely didn't mean it as a dig. I know there's a fair bit of back and forth in here but I wouldn't wish any bad on anyone in here.
    Please, are you afraid I'm going to report it or something? Didn't mean it as a dig me hole. :rolleyes:

Sucks to be you.

Please, are you afraid I'm going to report it or something? Didn't mean it as a dig me hole. :rolleyes:

Fair enough.

Moving on. I do feel we're not necessarily playing that much better tonight but it's just that WBA are particularly bad. We seem to be getting a lot of scoring opportunities gifted to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Yes, WBA are terrible. I really wouldn't be reading too much into Ceballos dominating midfield or us creating a decent amount of chances. WBA are just sh*te.

West Brom started well for a bit. Once they lost a bit of momentum they started playing like their season is over. It's pretty reminiscent of the EL group games really, we're fine until we're up against a competent defence.

Laca coming on.

Yes, WBA are terrible. I really wouldn't be reading too much into Ceballos dominating midfield or us creating a decent amount of chances. WBA are just sh*te.

Can't get my head around Ceballos playing at all. He's gone in the summer, not like we can hope to ask for another couple of million if he does well.

• Advertisement

Fantastic ball across the goal there.

Now Arteta decides to make subs on the hour mark. :pac:

Now Arteta decides to make subs on the hour mark. :pac:

Must be trying something different for next season haha

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Can't believe Arteta thought Xhaka was a better option at LB than Saka. He's been exceptional there today

Robson-Kanu is only on the pitch and he's given Elneny a bloody lip already. :eek:

al87987 wrote: »
    Can't believe Arteta thought Xhaka was a better option at LB than Saka. He's been exceptional there today

It's those kinds of things that make it hard for me to understand people supporting him. We can talk about stuff behind the scenes that we don't know for sure, culture, atmosphere, direction, all that kind of stuff. But putting one of our slowest players at full back (when he's also one of our better midfield options, much as I loathe that being the truth) when there were other options just makes 0 sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Sad, where was this last Thursday? We didn't even attempt to shoot outside the box.

We're so inconsistent it's not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Good goal. No comment on our defending.

Someone make the tackle. :o

Gabriel with some questionable defending this season

Christ we concede! 2-1

• Advertisement

Gabriel with some questionable defending this season

Probably third time saying it on this site, at this point I give it 2 more seasons before he slides off like the last Gabriel.

Little Sam, I'd forgotten about him. Big Sam's loyal underling for so long! :D

It's impressive how Arsenal manage to make me anxious/nervous in a dead rubber we're winning against a hopeless team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

We've lost complete control of this (from being very comfortable)

8 pts from 6 games with Europe to play for. It's hard to say that's good enough.

wonga77 wrote: »
    We've lost complete control of this (from being very comfortable)

Those chances we missed are gonna come back to bite us aren’t they

It's impressive how Arsenal manage to make me anxious/nervous in a dead rubber we're winning against a hopeless team.

I'm just looking forward to it being over so I can watch The Wire. Oughtta lift my spirits. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

That's why I ain't watching lol

Those chances we missed are gonna come back to bite us aren’t they

Nah. I don't think the results for the next 4 matches will be quite bad enough for Arteta to go. 3 points tonight and probably another 7/9 from the last 3.

I'm just looking forward to it being over so I can watch The Wire. Oughtta lift my spirits. :o

Nothing like the plight of Baltimore's inner city and rotten political system to lift the spirits after another dismal performance :D

Excellent choice I must say though. Great show.

• Advertisement

Nothing like the plight of Baltimore's inner city and rotten political system to lift the spirits after another dismal performance :D

Excellent choice I must say though. Great show.

I finished a re-watch of The Sopranos in under 2 weeks so I've got a hankering for quality, familiar TV. :P This'll have to be my 8th or 9th time watching The Wire I think, been 3/4 years so it's been long enough.
    Schindler's List last night was tough going I have to admit. :pac: Some things ya kinda have to watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

The Sopranos in under 2 weeks? That's some going. Runtime for the whole series is 3 days and 5 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

My stream has gone to pot! Making this an even more annoying watch than it should be!

sterz wrote: »
    The Sopranos in under 2 weeks? That's some going. Runtime for the whole series is 3 days and 5 hours!

I know yeah :o Fecked off for 2 days to see someone during that time as well (missed the Newcastle match) :pac: Had a couple of days off work sick where I basically couldn't move so motored through a season in a day at one point. Would highly recommend it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Great goal in fairness

37th appearance, about time he hit the net

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Always loved Willian!!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Willian gets his first Arsenal goal. Free kick sheeesh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Worth every penny of his wages.

What a signing that Willian has been.

• Advertisement

Willian hasn't scored for us? Had it in my head he'd scored at some point. Ah well, 37th time's the charm maybe? :pac:

Tellin yas lads. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement