Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

Quazzie wrote: »
    The players go home tonight, wake up tomorrow to a day off. Then Tuesday they begin preparation for the match Wednesday. After the match on Wednesday they do the same. Arteta has no chance to coach them at all.

Nonsense. It's his job. If he can't do it then he can **** off.

Unless he's going to sign 8 starters in the next 2 transfer windows I don't see how things have any chance of changing. The players don't give a **** about him and he clearly has little influence over them. Bunch of wasters.

And I really, really ****ing wish people would get something into their head, Arteta has never managed a ****ing team before. He has nothing to draw on except his bestbuddyboss saying "Hmm, I need a defender, I'll buy 3 for £140 million". He has no, zero, nada credibility and absolutely no, none, kein business managing Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Bro you cant blame arteta for buying and selling players!! it aint his money ffs.

I’m not blaming him for that I’m blaming him for

Continuing to play Bellerin week in and out. He can play Cedric or AMN there
    Playing Holding, he’s a championship player at best
    Playing Willian week in week out
    Being so negative in a game against Burnley to starting Xhaka and Elneny in Midfield, no bravery in that
    Playing Laca in this new 10 role
    Not being able to pick a starting 11 capable of scoring a goal from open play in about 7/8 games

Praising the performance against Spurs last week when we where god damn awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »
    Ozil is all down to the China comments, 100% right but football has no room for politics.

The club forced that not Arteta and I think that’s destroyed the positive morale in the club as they will agree wholeheartedly with what Arteta said and be disgusted that he’s been treated this way for it

When the club took this stance they had to replace him with another creative player but didn’t.

I’m not saying it’s Arteta’s fault.
    When he was dropped of the panel it probably caused bad feeling in the squad and affected the performance of the team.
    It was also a political / religious decision too which didn’t do any good.

Ozil is all down to the China comments, 100% right but football has no room for politics.

The club forced that not Arteta and I think that’s destroyed the positive morale in the club as they will agree wholeheartedly with what Arteta said and be disgusted that he’s been treated this way for it

When the club took this stance they had to replace him with another creative player but didn’t.

I also think the redundancies, wage cuts and at the time even dropping the mascot it’s all accumulating into an negative environment when all the Arteta talk was of bringing the club together

We have a big banner that says Black lives matter on display in the stand and also we are paid up to this rainbow laces campaign so I would say its a question of the wrong politics and trying to avoid pissing off those paying the piper (China). Ozil is a disgrace tbh. Goes missing continously on the field. Done nothing since getting his new deal. Auba gone the same way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I’m not saying it’s Arteta’s fault.
    When he was dropped of the panel it probably caused bad feeling in the squad and affected the performance of the team.
    It was also a political / religious decision too which didn’t do any good.

So the team are playing poorly because they're behind a player who was dropped, and it isn't Arteta's fault, but you still want him sacked?

Won't the very same players be playing poorly for whatever new manager comes in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I wish the mute button on boards worked effectively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Paddy Power have just closed betting on Poch taking over at Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Our next 5 games

Home to Southampton on Wednesday night. Southampton currently in 4th and have lost only once on the road so far.

Away to Everton next Saturday the 19th. Everton 7 points ahead of us after beating Chelsea yesterday. Their away form is patchy enough but they did beat Spurs 1 - 0 at whl

Stephens day - Home to Chelsea. Chelsea are always difficult to beat, that's a tough game

Brighton away 29th December - Brighton are currently 3 below us but did manage to hold Liverpool to a 1 - 1 at home and should have also taken a point against United only for a late defeat.

Sandwiched in between is the efl quarter against City on the 22nd. The games are coming thick and fast and Arteta doesn't have any time to turn things around.

Hard to see anything good happening over the next few weeks with our current form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

He will get to the new year, if we are in the relegation zone then he will be gone.

No doubt he will be gone cause this players would leave there own mother down. They are unmotivated, greedy, lazy, disgraceful footballers who will go home and won't lose a moment's sleep about how they destory every weekend for arsenal fans and will get another manager fired. Cause they can't beat Burnley. Cause they can't act a professional and not grab another player around the neck.

They boil my blood

• Advertisement

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    He will get to the new year, if we are in the relegation zone then he will be gone.

No doubt he will be gone cause this players would leave there own mother down. They are unmotivated, greedy, lazy, disgraceful footballers who will go home and won't lose a moment's sleep about how they destory every weekend for arsenal fans and will get another manager fired. Cause they can't beat Burnley. Cause they can't act a professional and not grab another player around the neck.

They boil my blood

I don't think he will get that long, Southampton will be the swansong I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I don't think he will get that long, Southampton will be the swansong I feel

He will,the club won't want to spend money on paying him and the new manager

Jmac24128 wrote: »

They boil my blood

Have some red wine my friend it has helped me mellow lol. It’s a long time since I drank on a Sunday but I couldn’t get the dogs out so red it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Didn’t AMN tweet that the entire panel were behind Ozil about a month ago.
    Something going on behind the scenes at Arsenal.
    It could be the political thing that the owners didn’t like and Ozil was banished as a result. Just my twopence worth but something is definitely wrong at the club.

Yep, something horrible is going on. It was the same with Emery, Ozil was singled out and dropped even though he was no worse than anyone else. And there are no honest answers from the club.

It reeks of sneakiness.

What was said to Xhaka..... He's refused to apologise to the dressing room, from being saved by Arteta he's knifed him in the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yep, something horrible is going on. It was the same with Emery, Ozil was singled out and dropped even though he was no worse than anyone else. And there are no honest answers from the club.

It reeks of sneakiness.
    Maybe he's just past it now and slows the play down too much. The high tempo pressing game is not one he is capable of playing so he's just a liability earning 300 grand a week. Time to get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Wonder who it is...

Chris Wheatley
    @ChrisWheatley_
    My piece on the dressing room crisis that Mikel Arteta faces at Arsenal.

- One senior player doesn't talk to Arteta anymore
    - The influence that Ozil & Sokratis yield over the squad
    - Arteta told squad he will 'destroy' whoever is behind leaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

chicorytip wrote: »
    Maybe he's just past it now and slows the play down too much. The high tempo pressing game is not one he is capable of playing so he's just a liability earning 300 grand a week. Time to get rid.

I think it’s an odd decision to not even register your highest paid player for the league, seems to have been a much bigger political decision than a football one. Anyway , things are in a bad way not, I definitely think Arteta has potential as a manger but he’ll do well to survive this slump

Quazzie wrote: »
    So the team are playing poorly because they're behind a player who was dropped, and it isn't Arteta's fault, but you still want him sacked?

Won't the very same players be playing poorly for whatever new manager comes in?

I said that he was doing a bad job at managing.
    Motivation, team selection, tactics etc is down to him.
    The players have been playing poorly as you say but he’s the one who continues to select those same lads despite playing poorly.

omega man wrote: »
    Wonder who it is...

Chris Wheatley
    @ChrisWheatley_
    My piece on the dressing room crisis that Mikel Arteta faces at Arsenal.

- One senior player doesn't talk to Arteta anymore
    - The influence that Ozil & Sokratis yield over the squad
    - Arteta told squad he will 'destroy' whoever is behind leaks

Senior player could well be Ozil himself, Sokratis is guff... I'd say the Mustafi rocking the boat knowing Sok is going in Jan

Plausable deniability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's all been a bit of a cluster**** , I thought Arteta was the right man , and probably is but if there is poison in the dressing room it's over

How are Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Holding ,Sokratis and of course Ozil all at the club these are players who'd have no second thoughts in throwing Arteta under a bus

Yet we're gotten rid of Guendouzi , Torreria , froze out Saliba and Maitland Niles and brought in another possible trouble maker in Willian

for me dressing management has done in Arteta here and the failing of the club using the likes of Kia and Mendes to get players like the ones i named above out of the club fully

It's all been a bit of a cluster**** , I thought Arteta was the right man , and probably is but if there is poison in the dressing room it's over

How are Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Holding ,Sokratis and of course Ozil all at the club these are players who'd have no second thoughts in throwing Arteta under a bus

Yet we're gotten rid of Guendouzi , Torreria , froze out Saliba and Maitland Niles and brought in another possible trouble maker in Willian

for me dressing management has done in Arteta here and the failing of the club using the likes of Kia and Mendes to get players like the ones i named above out of the club fully

It’s not just the players and manager who should be in trouble.
    All staff should be worrying.

chicorytip wrote: »

He cannot possibly be so far past it he can't get into a team that hasn't scored from open play in 8 league games.

It's David Luiz , surprise surprise , you just knew Kia would be the downfall

it's on twitter now

It's David Luiz , surprise surprise , you just knew Kia would be the downfall

it's on twitter now

I’m a bit lost here lads what exactly is being accused?

Right. So loads of the players are spanners.

I'm with Arteta for definite.

I’m a bit lost here lads what exactly is being accused?

That Luiz is the senior player not talking to Arteta

That Luiz is the senior player not talking to Arteta

Isn't Luiz the one that everyone always says is a nice fella?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Such a shambles.......Jaysus.....

Yeah when things are going his way , that bang to the head seems to have reawakened the real Luis , but when you try and freeze out senior players like Ozil and Sokratis and keep them at the club you better be winning every game

• Advertisement

If this is true

Bunch of older pros on fat contracts living in London having an easy life. Manager comes along and it’s clear their time is up. Or they can try to undermine the manager and get rid of him. There is an element of that.

Then I’ll give Arteta the benefit of doubt but the club have to act and rid the poison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The comment about Saliba is worrying. Players are poison but manager always lose in these situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Poch?
    Allegri?

There’s a lot of better managers out there depending on how ambitious you want to be and pay

What manager would want this job at the moment, last two managers can not get this team of players to perform and there is serious problems with in the club. Today was a low after 40+ years of supporting the gunners and very hard to watch such bad play with no honesty being shown on the field.

Think of the Brazilian mix here.... The London Irish were powerful, the London French equally so... We now have the London Brazilians.

If the worm turns

Think of the Brazilian mix here.... The London Irish were powerful, the London French equally so... We now have the London Brazilians.

If the worm turns

Does that include Edu?

So where does Auba fit in all this? He seems to have downed tools too?

If the worm turns

I'm getting a bit lost with all this.

If these guys are acting the bollix, why the hell does Willian get played all the time?

If these guys are acting the bollix, why the hell does Willian get played all the time?

Yeah, wtf like. Same here.

Edu

• Advertisement

Azatadine wrote: »
    So where does Auba fit in all this? He seems to have downed tools too?

I like to believe he's just getting rusty and frustrated because entire games go by without him ever getting the ball.

Edu

He doesn't pick the team, does he?

Edu

The Edu Kia Joorabchian link is our undoing

The Edu Kia Joorabchian link is our undoing

Ah Jaysus....I always loved Edu when he was a player for us. Starting to feel like I've been deceived for decades.

My personal opinion...

Edu Kia sold to the board as a relationship that can deliver

Board invests with no football knowledge, decent credentials sold to them

Kia offloads junk at huge commission

Only exception is Martinelli, it was that signing that sold the board.

He doesn't pick the team, does he?

Thats the thing....at the end of the day Arteta picks the team.

• Advertisement

So, in our last 4 home games, we've lost twice as many as we did in all of Arsene Wenger's last season.

His last home game was 5-0 over Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hasenhuttl and Rangnick (previously worked together successfully) in and Arteta and Edu (two novices) out.

Azatadine wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus....I always loved Edu when he was a player for us. Starting to feel like I've been deceived for decades.

He only played for us for a couple of years. We all remember him fondly because it was that particular couple of years where everyone seemed amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well that was ****e.

He only played for us for a couple of years. We all remember him fondly because it was that particular couple of years where everyone seemed amazing.

He was a decent player but very few transition into management

I'd struggle to name one to be honest

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement