Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Plus he hasn't played alongside Partey...so for that alone I'd want to give him a chance. A proper chance. He can't be any worse than the knuckleheads we're playing at the minute.

I was hoping to see Partey, Torreira, and Ozil as our midfield 3 but it never happened, and never will by the looks of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Im actually quiet excited to see what line up he picks on Wednesday, it actually has to be different with the suspensions and Pepe return. so it's a big chance for him to go for it.

I'll go with
    Leno

Cedric, Luiz, Gab, Tierney,

Dani, Elneny, AMN

Pepe, Auba, Saka.

Think that selection has balance and pace.

If I see laca as a number 10 again I may pop my eyes out with a spoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Im actually quiet excited to see what line up he picks on Wednesday, it actually has to be different with the suspensions and Pepe return. so it's a big chance for him to go for it.

I agree, but you just know we're gonna see Willian on the right and Alex LackingNet in the number 10 role

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    I'll go with
    Leno

Cedric, Luiz, Gab, Tierney,

Dani, Elneny, AMN

Pepe, Auba, Saka.

Think that selection and balance and pace.

If I see laca as a number 10 again I may pop my eyes out with a spoon.

Hope you're right but honestly wouldn't be surprised to see

Leno
    Bellerin, Holding, Gab, Tierney,
    Dani, Elneny, Saka,
    Willian, Laca, Auba

Hope I'm wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Hope you're right but honestly wouldn't be surprised to see

Leno
    Bellerin, Holding, Gab, Tierney,
    Dani, Elneny, Saka,
    Willian, Laca, Auba

Hope I'm wrong though

Bellerin is suspended, so there we will probably see AMN or Cedric.
    The rest sounds reasonable - If Luiz is available might be ahead of Holding, which I really hope.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Bellerin is suspended, so there we will probably see AMN or Cedric.
    The rest sounds reasonable - If Luiz is available might be ahead of Holding, which I really hope.

Thanks, forgot Bellerin was suspended despite saying to one of my mates that at least he will be missing for our next game when he picked up the 5th yellow card! It's rough watching us these days, forgetting these things is needed, opened the wound and rewatched the game via Motd2 last night, we were so on top for most of it but couldn't break Burnley down (a team who are all more than likely to get relegated). We're bereft of confidence and also at the same time sickeningly complacent I hope he changes up the team dramatically tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Thanks, forgot Bellerin was suspended despite saying to one of my mates that at least he will be missing for our next game when he picked up the 5th yellow card! It's rough watching us these days, forgetting these things is needed, opened the wound and rewatched the game via Motd2 last night, we were so on top for most of it but couldn't break Burnley down (a team who are all more than likely to get relegated). We're bereft of confidence and also at the same time sickeningly complacent I hope he changes up the team dramatically tonight.

It's on tomorrow evening @6pm but you're right, I hope he has them ready for a bang in-form Southampton side.

DenMan wrote: »
    It's on tomorrow evening @6pm but you're right, I hope he has them ready for a bang in-form Southampton side.

Haha, what year is it again?! Is Adams still playing for us?! Wright will get us a few goals up front. Thanks, although I'll probably still watch the 6pm game today. He needs to fire them up but that'll be hard if this crap about the players turning on him is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He was supposed to have them up for the Burnley game !!!
    I actually heard him saying after the game that they played very well and that astounded me.

• Advertisement

He was supposed to have them up for the Burnley game !!!
    I actually heard him saying after the game that they played very well and that astounded me.

18 shots and 6 on target or something like that. Probably as many in that one match as our last few matches combined.

Based on that, we did play well.

Basil3 wrote: »
    18 shots and 6 on target or something like that. Probably as many in that one match as our last few matches combined.

Based on that, we did play well.

I didn’t realize we had 18 shots. Can’t remember any of them except Laca’s miss.
    It didn’t register at all so the shots must have been tame enough. I thought our build up play was slow and laborious to be honest and has been for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I didn’t realize we had 18 shots. Can’t remember any of them except Laca’s miss.
    It didn’t register at all so the shots must have been tame enough. I thought our build up play was slow and laborious to be honest and has been for a long time now.

Agreed, the standard of opposition made us look a bit better, up until the sending off. Still annoyed by that sh1tshow on Sunday. Not sure I want to watch us tomorrow. Can't remember ever feeling this way about Arsenal before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

emmetlego wrote: »
    Agreed, the standard of opposition made us look a bit better, up until the sending off. Still annoyed by that sh1tshow on Sunday. Not sure I want to watch us tomorrow. Can't remember ever feeling this way about Arsenal before.

To be honest, it's the state of the top end of the table that's making me sick.

This is the day we push on boys! COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So, an interesting discussion topic. Everyone seems to agree after the game that Arteta gets his team selection wrong. So it would be interesting to see people's preferred teams for the game tonight and see if any of them link up with Arteta's

Leno
    Cedric - Luiz - Gab - Tierney
    Elneny - Ceballos
    Nelson - ESR - Saka
    Auba

Would be my pick from what's available for tonight.

Quazzie wrote: »
    So, an interesting discussion topic. Everyone seems to agree after the game that Arteta gets his team selection wrong. So it would be interesting to see people's preferred teams for the game tonight and see if any of them link up with Arteta's

Tonight I'd love to see:

Leno

Cedric, Luiz, Gabriel, Tierney

Ceballos, Elneny, AMN

Pepe, Auba, Saka

Personally, I'd put Pepe down the left. I think he's looked good there in Europa, and it allows him to push for the line and cut the ball back in.

I always wonder how Pepe would operate in a more central role?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Really don’t get Cedric, I think he’s a terrible defender!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Really don’t get Cedric, I think he’s a terrible defender!

Dare we risk playing Chambers at RB if he's fit? I think he's played there before, that or AMN but he's not been amazing at RB. Point is probably mute as can't see anyone bar Cedric getting the nod for there tonight due to it being an enforced change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We were playing decent football at the beginning of the second half and were well on top. We really looked like we were about to score and then Xhaka did that!

An opposition sending off today would be nice for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

I want to see AMN play, preferably in midfield.

We have Cedric on a 3 year deal earning a lot of money, he has to show he can be the back up right back other wise it's a complete waste and shocking transfer.

Do like the idea of chambers there or back in center back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

game tonight is on Amazon Prime as well as the game on December 29

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I can’t remember but has Niles played since he said the team are behind Ozil

I think so, yeah. He vanished for a while, but I think he's played a few times recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

For me I'd start
    Leno
    Cedric Gabriel Holding Tierny
    Elneny Ceballos Saka
    Pepe Balogun Aubameyang

Could be a lot worse than throw Balogun in , he looks like he has the physicallity Lacazette is out of form and Nketiah isn't big enough to do what laca usually does

• Advertisement

For me I'd start
    Leno
    Elneny Ceballos Saka
    Pepe Balogun Aubameyang

Could be a lot worse than throw Balogun in , he looks like he has the physicallity Lacazette is out of form and Nketiah isn't big enough to do what laca usually does

Sigh. While not disagreeing with any of that, it's depressing that my first reaction was that looks like a Carling Cup team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

3 points badly needed tonight

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Sigh. While not disagreeing with any of that, it's depressing that my first reaction was that looks like a Carling Cup team.

I kind of agree, but put yourself a year into the future and the players in bold you would probably still want to be here and starting

Leno
    Elneny Ceballos Saka
    Pepe Balogun Aubameyang

This means it's only
    Cedric, Holding, Elneny, Ceballos & Pepe who would be classed as League cup players

For me I'd start
    Leno
    Elneny Ceballos Saka
    Pepe Balogun Aubameyang

I’d actually go with that team even though it looks odd. I’d probably put in Luiz for Holding though.
    Something needs to changed and refreshed.
    The bench would be stronger too if changes were needed.

No matter what team I look at I can see the areas that need to be improved.
    We need a CB to partner Gabriel.
    We need a right back.
    We need another strong central midfielder too.
    That’s just for a beginning.

Team news in the next 10 mins. Must win game this evening! COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I’d actually go with that team even though it looks odd. I’d probably put in Luiz for Holding though.
    Something needs to changed and refreshed.
    The bench would be stronger too if changes were needed.

No matter what team I look at I can see the areas that need to be improved.
    We need a CB to partner Gabriel.
    We need a right back.
    We need another strong central midfielder too.
    That’s just for a beginning.

Agree with this i actually had holding at 4th choice intially

I picked Luiz (realised he's probably fighting with arteta)
    then I picked Mari (can't have two left footed centre halves)
    then i picked Mustafi (and thought better )

but that shows the issues in the squad balance a rake of centre backs and only 1 fully competant one , and the whole midfield (bar partey) needs to be sorted

• Advertisement

Leno, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Maitland-Niles, Ceballos, Elneny, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah, Aubameyang

COYG

Leno, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Maitland-Niles, Ceballos, Elneny, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah, Aubameyang

COYG

Big changes and a few dropped, what we were looking for. Come on now and preform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Would have preferred AMN to play in midfield but at least he's playing.

Wtf was the point in signing Cedric if he's not even going to be second choice right back? Bizarre.

How do ye think that is lining up lads? Eddie up top with Saka in a middle 3 with Auba on the left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

5star02707 wrote: »

Do you have to have a fire stick? Can't see it on prime video app

• Advertisement

Triangle wrote: »
    Do you have to have a fire stick? Can't see it on prime video app

You need to be set to UK content or you won't get it

Would have preferred AMN to play in midfield but at least he's playing.

Wtf was the point in signing Cedric if he's not even going to be second choice right back? Bizarre.

AMN does not like playing right back. He has said that.
    Sake, Pepe and Nkethia look a bit light against tough Southampton defenders.
    Still don’t see how we can create.
    Anyway it’s been decided so let’s wish the team well.

AMN does not like playing right back. He has said that.
    Sake, Pepe and Nkethia look a bit light against tough Southampton defenders.
    Still don’t see how we can create.
    Anyway it’s been decided so let’s wish the team well.

Saka was an assist king last season so I hope for a return of that. Pepe is there now for a wild card..be shocking the whole game but come out with something special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Happy enough with that line up but would have preferred Auba or Balogun in the middle. Nketiah just seems out of his depth at this level both physically and technically.

Would echo the questions over why cedric was signed when AMN is still preffered at RB which isn't even his best role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

5star02707 wrote: »

Not televised in Ireland so? Not showing up on Prime for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

2ndcoming wrote: »

If you get on chat to Amazon and ask nicely they will put you on UK prime. Worked for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

2ndcoming wrote: »

Premier sports two. . Channel 429 on my sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Walcotts hairdo annoys me. Not sure why.

Struggling to play out from the back. Struggling to string two passes together. Already painful viewing.

Che Adams sure does love dropping to the ground. Given how the game has started he could be a penalty threat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement