Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Oh boy! What have we gotten ourselves into here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wow i actually just literally laughed at that goal lol wow just wow.

embarassing

The kind of goal he used to score for us. Look at our forwards, and we can't create simple goals like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I like Gabriel but he over committed there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I need a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

wow i actually just literally laughed at that goal lol wow just wow.

embarassing

If you want to throw stones

If you want to throw stones

LOL what do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I can't see where goals or points are coming from over the next few weeks either. We are in deep deep trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Walcotts hairdo annoys me. Not sure why.

You had to put the jinx on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Arteta has to go if we lose this

It's just not working

I'm glad Walcott celebrated though, can't stand that shíte.

El Sueño wrote: »

It's just not working

Should be gone. The trend is exactly the same no matter what he does for weeks and weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I doubt Arteta can ride it on into the New Year.

Likeable and all, but the patience has to stop at some point. One of the worst attack in the league, not much better in defence.

And the results are bad. Really bad.

The only games we won this season that I remember well were played Mourinho style.

I can't watch them any more.

El Sueño wrote: »

It's just not working

Picking the same duds week after week... He must have been watching wenger closely in his last few seasons.

• Advertisement

First bit of decent play after half an hour

Picking the same duds week after week... He must have been watching wenger closely in his last few seasons.

Wenger was NEVER this bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Azatadine wrote: »
    Should be gone. The trend is exactly the same no matter what he does for weeks and weeks.

It'll be 5 home losses in a row, any other manager in the league would be gone after that, and rightly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Too many light players with no fire in their bellies.
    As I’ve been saying for a long time.
    Easily bullied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

On the plus side Sam Allardyce won't be our new manager.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »

Agreed but he kept faith with some pretty awful players when it was clear they wouldn't ever perform.

Agreed but he kept faith with some pretty awful players when it was clear they wouldn't ever perform.

Manuel Almunia I'm looking at you.

Few of the teams below have a game or more in hand too. Very possible we could be in the bottom three in the next couple of weeks.

wonski wrote: »
    I doubt Arteta can ride it on into the New Year.

Likeable and all, but the patience has to stop at some point. One of the worst attack in the league, not much better in defence.

And the results are bad. Really bad.

The only games we won this season that I remember well were played Mourinho style.

I can't watch them any more.

Who should we get then if Arteta goes tonight?

And what will happen to Arteta after this? Management career finished?

Or will he flourish somewhere else with a better squad?

I think the latter. I think Arteta will manage someone a lot better then us and flourish.

My point is that the players are to blame here and a new manager will just bring the morals back up for 5-6 months and then this time next year on the next season, arsenal will be back here again demanding the manager to be sacked again.

Honestly, lets keep Arteta and also hope we get relegated so that maybe just MAYBE the board and owners will catch the memo that this team needs better scouts, better transfer dealers like david dien and also about 400m transfer budget to invest in the team.

We also need to get rid of like 10 or more of these players and then after that we can use that 400m plus maybe sone profit from sales to redo the whole ****ing squad .

Well... At least nobody's complaining about Bellerin and Xhaka.

greendom wrote: »

Wenger had a better team at some point and people forget that most of these jokers are still from wenger.

This **** up is all down to wenger not going 10 years ago.

Instead the owners dragged there feet and the club with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I think the latter. I think Arteta will manage someone a lot better then us and flourish.

My point is that the players are to blame here and a new manager will just bring the morals back up for 5-6 months and then this time next year on the next season, arsenal will be back here again demanding the manager to be sacked again.

Honestly, lets keep Arteta and also hope we get relegated so that maybe just MAYBE the board and owners will catch the memo that this team needs better scouts, better transfer dealers like david dien and also about 400m transfer budget to invest in the team.

We also need to get rid of like 10 or more of these players and then after that we can use that 400m plus maybe sone profit from sales to redo the whole ****ing squad .

Out of curiosity, what gives you such great faith in Arteta?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger had a better team at some point and people forget that most of these jokers are still from wenger.

This **** up is all down to wenger not going 10 years ago.

Instead the owners dragged there feet and the club with it.

You’ll blame anyone but Arteta

Honestly, lets keep Arteta and also hope we get relegated

Eh, no.

LOL what do you mean?

Because Arsenal have had bad patches often followed by good times. We've never bought the league and I hope we never will

Arteta inherited a mess

90% of comments here are negative are just puerile and it drives me mad

If you want to buy the prem, go support someone else

I'll give Arteta a while longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just stop talking please

Has to be a pen??!

We need someone with balls, not a nice, likeable guy like Arteta, to tell the players how bad it is.

And explain to them that there will be no more Ozils and if they continue the way it goes, there will be no money, no flashy life and they will beg other clubs to take them after this season if they keep not doing what they should be doing.

That's how bad it is imo. Just look at the table.

There must be a problem with tactics too, or maybe the players don't understand it. Maybe they need strong leader to kick their asses and make it work.

Whatever Arteta is trying to do, it isn't working.

wonski wrote: »
    We need someone with balls, not a nice, likeable guy like Arteta, to tell the players how bad it is.

And explain to them that there will be no more Ozils and if they continue the way it goes, there will be no money, no flashy life and they will beg other clubs to take them after this season if they keep not doing what they should be doing.

That's how bad it is imo. Just look at the table.

There must be a problem with tactics too, or maybe the players don't understand it. Maybe they need strong leader to kick their asses and make it work.

Whatever Arteta is trying to do, it isn't working.

Arteta does have balls

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I think it’s a love story in the making

Nope, he needs time

Couple of decent chances at least

Nope, he needs time

Time for what, to get us relegated?

Aubameyang back on halfway, playing the ball forward. Painful.

Arteta does have balls

Then we need someone with bigger balls lol.

• Advertisement

Theo really up for this.

Being played off the park by Southampton but the game looks class on Amazon Prime, so it's not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

He’s had almost a year and we are falling into relegation, we need a proper manager that the players respect and fear not a nice bloke who tries to be one of the lads

This is a similar narrative to what happens when most managers are failing. Seems like Arteta, if anything, has been too hard on some players and alienated others in the squad as a consequence. If stories are to be believed, you need someone who is a better man manager and doesn't go in trying to throw his weight around to get respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Much of the same, cant see us scoring at all so id be amazed if we managed to pull a point from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Looking at auba walking off he is a shadow of his former self, not even a smile
    He’s gone from the happiest man in the world to this is such a short space of time

Yep, he seems to have a constant deathly pallor about him these days. Can't remember him smiling since the United game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I feel like we could attack a team for 5 hours straight and not manage to score, and we would let the other team come down our end and score with their first chance.
    To be fair we have had some chances, and I cant help but feel we haven't been getting the rub of the green either.
    We just need one messy goal, like Sakas low cross to the near post earlier in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

So many bad players out there (for us). Still got a good chance to get back into this, need to gamble and push Saka further up so we can press them properly.

Do amazon have any plans to show the championship next season ? Asking for a friend

I'm off this forum until people start believing in the club. DM open to those who know, enjoy your night

He’s had almost a year and we are falling into relegation, we need a proper manager that the players respect and fear not a nice bloke who tries to be one of the lads

Is that the impression you get from him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If there’s trouble in the dressingroom and if players are rebelling against Arteta then I can’t see any way he can fix the problem.
    Arteta is a likeable fellow and I’d love to see him succeed but the above is a recipe for disaster and if we get sucked down towards the bottom of the league and it’s looking likely then he’ll be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm off this forum until people start believing in the club. DM open to those who know, enjoy your night

Have a beer man

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement