Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Arteta is on thin ice now. It's gone on too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

He should be gone. Problem is replacing him. They got it wrong twice already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How ta fūck did Auba miss that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Soups123 wrote: »
    Arteta is in real trouble now. Real trouble

The confidence is gone from the players that's probably the most worrying thing about Artetas time for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

With games against spurs chelsea and man city on the horizon I really fear for us

Are barca still interested in Bellerin.

They can have him. He brings nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    The confidence is gone from the players that's probably the most worrying thing about Artetas time for me

Yeah 100% all the early positive message stuff about changing the club top to bottom etc.

I’d give him time but with some of the games coming and how bad we are I think he’s in real bother now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It must be so great to have to prepare to play against a team knowing there is almost zero chance any of their midfielders will try to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Azatadine wrote: »
    In Emerys first season, we barely missed out on fourth (due to some bad decisions on his part). Artetas first year has been worse. Also, he's made us unwatchable. We are totally unwatchable. Auba is a shadow of himself. Dour, boring, brittle, just awful.

I think Arteta needs to go. A risky experiment thats failed. Failed quite badly.

Thinking like a child that knows nothing about football. No manager in that world can fix us in the short term. Not klopp, not pep.... It's a process of change. How about sacking the players before Arteta

El Sueño wrote: »
    With games against spurs chelsea and man city on the horizon I really fear for us

I would have the same fear of the games on the horizon where Burnley, Sheffield United and Crystal Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

We’re horrendous without Partey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

El Sueño wrote: »

We know how to defend, just not to attack.

I don't know how Arteta worked under Guardiola and didn't learn a thing or two about opening up play for creative attacking. I think he was so fixated on the problem of leaking goals at the back that he forgot the most difficult thing to do in football: to score a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The attack is just so slow and laboured and then the box is flooded with wolves players, I miss the old days of when we used to copy the barca style of play with tippy tappy stuff and control the game and walk the ball into the net

It's just soooo slow, and sooooo indicisive.

Edit: not indicisive, indirect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

The way things have been going for the past while, we should be looking to get a Giroud-esque player in. Chances (if that) are being created solely from crosses.

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Thinking like a child that knows nothing about football. No manager in that world can fix us in the short term. Not klopp, not pep.... It's a process of change. How about sacking the players before Arteta

I wish I was a child but that's among long time ago.....watching since the mid 70's.

In any case, do you think Arteta can fix us???

Even Giovanni Trappatoni would be looking at Arteta thinking what a horrible negative attitude he has to the game of football. Sad to say but im losing faith here. I wanted it to work out for him but its not.

Dani Ceballos. No wonder Zidane wants him out of the Bernebeu. Utter crap.

We know how to defend, just not to attack.

I don't know how Arteta worked under Guardiola and didn't learn a thing or two about opening up play for creative attacking. I think he was so fixated on the problem of leaking goals at the back that he forgot the most difficult thing to do in football: to score a goal.

Working with massively different quality players. Quiet obvious really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Even Giovanni Trappatoni would be looking at Arteta thinking what a horrible negative attitude he has to the game of football. Sad to say but im losing faith here. I wanted it to work out for him but its not.

Got to blame the players

• Advertisement

This. Look at that squad. Is it a top four squad, no, it's barely a top 6 squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What's Big Sam up to these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As I said we have too many powder puff footballers at the club.
    We are in a dire state.
    3 home defeats in a row.

None of the smooth talking from Arteta is going to mask how fcuked we are right now. We are in such dire shape his lack of experience will go against him, players stop to believe, fans stop to believe and the club will hang him.

Some players really have to look at themselves and tbh Arteta needs to go for broke and try others.

Bellerin out
    Willian out just free riding
    Holding shot
    Xhaka out
    Lacca shipped
    Willock not good enough, English media have pressured his involvement
    Nelson and Nketiah nowhere near good enough

Try something fresh because he’s shot anyway

Azatadine wrote: »
    I wish I was a child but that's among long time ago.....watching since the mid 70's.

In any case, do you think Arteta can fix us???

I will give him the chance. When we have a completely turned around squad and get rid of the ****ing **** players we have that are championship quality about 15 from the first team squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't know how to feel about this , I really like him as a manager but the players are hopeless , we have literally no midfield there was light at the end of the tunnel when Partey signed but we've gone back to been ****e since he's been injured

• Advertisement

Working with massively different quality players. Quiet obvious really

So you think Guardiola's success is because of the players he inherited, and that he had no responsibility for his teams scoring multiple goals per game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Depressing stuff. This can't carry on. I was Arteta's biggest supporter but it's beginning to feel like a mistake. The team is in a rut. What can Arteta do to lift us out of it?

This. Look at that squad. Is it a top four squad, no, it's barely a top 6 squad.

Yes, but they were capable of playing much better last year. Not top 4 good but at least they showed heart and were capable of scoring goals. They are playing much worse this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Horrendous stuff! The players are letting Arteta down badly. Well done Wolves.

So you think Guardiola's success is because of the players he inherited, and that he had no responsibility for his teams scoring multiple goals per game?

50/50

Can tell you he would get **** all out of that arsenal squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

14th after 10 games is sh1te. At least we scored a ****ing goal in the league again. Tottenham on top just to compound matters

Wtf happens?

Where's the arsenal side who beat city, Chelsea and United of recent?

What's happened to our defence?

Has something happened behind the scenes or something?

I will give him the chance. When we have a completely turned around squad and get rid of the ****ing **** players we have that are championship quality about 15 from the first team squad

This isn’t championship manager though. He’s not going to get to change all the squad no manager will.
    He has to purchase well and find the players that he can motivate and work in smaller numbers.

I really want him to succeed but he’s brought us to a real low during a time he’s had for the most part all of the squad at his disposal.

His team is characterless, effortless and just not trying for him, it’s like they’ve given up

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Last year ? We played well against city United and Liverpool not so long ago but it’s really gone to **** since then for whatever reason

Since ozil omission from the Squad i wonder

Good job for Arteta that there’s no crowd at these games.

Spurs will destroy them next week if they play like that.
    I have great fears for us in December with fixtures we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Pretty poor once again. This is gonna take time, the rebuild will take a few years. I'd have faith in Arteta that he's the man to do it. Things were looking promising but the wheels have well and truly come off. I hope he's given the time to put it right because I do believe in him. I think he'll be a top coach.

What I don't believe in is some of these players. I think Willian needs a spell on the sidelines at this point, especially when Pepe comes back but I'd be inclined to even play Nelson ahead of Willian now.

Rob Holding is no longer a youth prospect, he's not good enough.

50/50

Can tell you he would get **** all out of that arsenal squad

Very debatable. Saka was getting MOTM performances for England over Int. break. Willian (even though I don't like him) was doing better at Chelsea. Auba is obviously top class. Pepe was playing better under Emery, and then in France. Arteta didn't even play Martinelli when he was not injured last year IIRC.

We're static when in the final third. When was the last time we had two one-touch passes in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Reckon the players have realised Arteta is fairly average and not the prospect he was built up to be without foundation (not his fault).
    Add the fact he was left with a bunch of limited players and too many to get rid of in a season or 2.
    Then factor the club owners and it all adds up to a bleak future.
    The sooner 2020 is over the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Leno - will be established #1
    Bellerin - Senior squad member, possibly leave if a good offer comes in.
    Luiz - retired after helping Gabriel develop into a better player
    Gabriel - established in the team, and our best CB.
    Tierney - established in the team, and among the best in the league
    Ceballos - gone from the club after completing his stop gap year
    Xhaka - sold
    Willian - retired after helping Martinell develop
    Willock - didn't prove to be good enough to start and was sold or just a squad player.
    Saka - proven English international and improved year on year
    Aubameyang - club captain but close to retiring now

The above is today's starting XI and where they feature is Artetas plan as stated in 2 years time.

Arteta is not doing good enough at the moment, but look at the standard of player he is having to use. Willock doesn't get anywhere near any other top 6 side. The same with Willian. It's a long term project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

What's even more annoying is that I wrote last season off fairly early and just gave a free pass on the league games basically. I don't wanna have to do that again this year but looks like I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd definitly lay some of the blame for all this at that prick ozil's door if he's not in either the PL or EL squads he shouldn't be training with the 1st team in my opinion

As I said we have too many powder puff footballers at the club.
    We are in a dire state.
    3 home defeats in a row.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with this balls bollox you talk about.

omega man wrote: »
    Reckon the players have realised Arteta is fairly average and not the prospect he was built up to be without foundation (not his fault).
    Add the fact he was left with a bunch of limited players and too many to get rid of in a season or 2.
    Then factor the club owners and it all adds up to a bleak future.
    The sooner 2020 is over the better.

Limited players? Maybe.

Bellerin, Ceballos, Auba, Laca, Willian, Pepe etc etc are all shadows of their former selves. His main failure is not having these players performing even remotely close to their potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I honestly don't know where we go from here, there's obviously serious issues at the club

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's got absolutely nothing to do with this balls bollox you talk about.

Oh yes it has.
    Gutless players will get you nowhere. Powder puffs. Afraid to put in a challenge.
    It has everything to do with it.

Soups123 wrote: »
    This isn’t championship manager though. He’s not going to get to change all the squad no manager will.
    He has to purchase well and find the players that he can motivate and work in smaller numbers.

I really want him to succeed but he’s brought us to a real low during a time he’s had for the most part all of the squad at his disposal.

His team is characterless, effortless and just not trying for him, it’s like they’ve given up

Still think you are judging too soon on him. He really cares and loves the club but it's so ****ing hard with these players..they have left Wenger down, they have left Emery down and now they are ****ing over Arteta.

Trust the man, I know I would puty faith in Arteta hands over those players hands, they are gutless pay check collectors. Look at Emery now, flying at Villarreal. Players are to blame. Need to get them out. A good shot of them gone this summer and move onwards. Still think we can get back on track this season with martinelli and partey and Mari been fit and in the starting 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Our second best midfielder is playing in Germany whilst Ceballos stinks the place out of it.

Still think you are judging too soon on him. He really cares and loves the club but it's so ****ing hard with these players..they have left Wenger down, they have left Emery down and now they are ****ing over Arteta.

Trust the man, I know I would puty faith in Arteta hands over those players hands, they are gutless pay check collectors. Look at Emery now, flying at Villarreal. Players are to blame. Need to get them out. A good shot of them gone this summer and move onwards. Still think we can get back on track this season with martinelli and partey and Mari been fit and in the starting 11.

The problem is that the likes of Auba seem to have downed tools or at least not try very hard. I never had him down as the type to sign a contract and then semi retire. Something else going on.

• Advertisement

Very debatable. Saka was getting MOTM performances for England over Int. break. Willian (even though I don't like him) was doing better at Chelsea. Auba is obviously top class. Pepe was playing better under Emery, and then in France. Arteta didn't even play Martinelli when he was not injured last year IIRC.

We're static when in the final third. When was the last time we had two one-touch passes in a row?

It's not Arteta making the passes. It's the players. They are ****. It's that ****ing simple. The players are ****ing crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement