Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wonga77 wrote: »
    Still waiting for a response to my question Jonney.

which question?

Yup many are.

You honestly think xhaka would play any better? Infact his played better under arteta then he ever did with emery and wenger LOL.

Lets look at other players:

Leno- playing as well as he has ever done
    Bellerine- Playing to the level he normally does, not good and average at best
    Mustafi- Actually playing better under arteta vs emery
    Willian- Hard to tell, he just came into the club
    Saka- Playing his level
    Willock- average
    Aubameyang- only player to have regressed
    Lacazzete? - PLease, his been **** even under emery and Wenger
    Kos- again, always been a crap player
    Pep- bro again!! a crap player playing crap as always .

You see, bar Aubameyang, the rest have not regressed under Arteta!

Our opinions couldn't be any different. I do wonder whether you watch the same team as I do.

Mind you, if you think Koscielny is still playing for us, you're truly lost :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    Our opinions couldn't be any different. I do wonder whether you watch the same team as I do.

Mind you, if you think Koscielny is still playing for us, you're truly lost :D

Kolasinac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Is this faith in Arteta all based on the fact that pep rates him? I'm really curious as he has never managed anywhere before so I don't know how you can be so confident in him, like what's the confidence based on?

Come on jonney, enlighten me

Come on jonney, enlighten me

Its based on pep, how he presents himself and talk, and and how terrible the squad is

Its based on pep, how he presents himself and talk, and and how terrible the squad is

So basically nothing more than a gut feeling. Cool

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Over weekend some stories emerged with vague talk of factions and players being unhappy, but while Arteta admits there are some issues, he puts it down to results, and is looking for the right kind of characters to show a positive response.

“The atmosphere are the club is as good as it can be when we are all hurting,” he said.

“Because results in the Premier League are hurting, everybody’s worried and everybody’s suffering at the moment because we want much more. We are working to get much more.

“In the dressing room when you are losing football matches, it’s difficult because they suffer as well because they care, because they want more, because the confidence levels start to go through … but the unity is there.

“Is it 100% unity around the club? It’s impossible in any club, even when you win because players that aren’t participating … it’s more difficult.”

Asked how he responded during his playing days when his teams were going through difficult times, Arteta said, “I liked to look around me, whether it’s staff, coach, or players, and I want to see fighters.

“Normally when that happens you have two types of people: fighters and victims. You just need fighters, you don’t want any victims.

“Victims bring excuses, victims bring negativity, and they start to blame everything that is happening around them, or that is not going for them.

“What you need is just people who fight, people who contribute, and people who are willing to give everything to the cause in these moments.”

You see, another indication that his a good manager and needs the players to step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Part of his fcuking job is supposed to be to turn "victims" into "fighters". Not write off large portions of the squad. Sounds like hes doing what he doesn't want the players to do - reaching for excuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

sonic85 wrote: »
    Part of his fcuking job is supposed to be to turn "victims" into "fighters". Not write off large portions of the squad. Sounds like hes doing what he doesn't want the players to do - reaching for excuses

Nonsense. Arteta is saying what we've been all (Tayto especially) been saying for years, that the club needs more leaders. Every single pundits points this out. No amount of coaching is going to turn some of our players into leaders, and they need to thrown out of the club at the earliest possibility.

After reading that from Arteta, I am more behind him than ever.,

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Nonsense. Arteta is saying what we've been all (Tayto especially) been saying for years, that the club needs more leaders. Every single pundits points this out. No amount of coaching is going to turn some of our players into leaders, and they need to thrown out of the club at the earliest possibility.

After reading that from Arteta, I am more behind him than ever.,

Excuses excuses. The squad hasn't been great for years but as bad as they are they're not 15th in the table bad. People can reach for whatever excuse will make them feel better about the situation and there are things going on behind the scenes that are affecting the team but Arteta is playing his part in the current malaise. He may be an excellent manager in future but it wont be at Arsenal

It's a big test of Arteta, he has zero experience of being in this position. Even at City if there were any issues then it would fall to Pep. Not that City ever had anything like this. At City if fellas weren't pulling their weight then its easy to open the chequebook and replace them. That won't happen at Arsenal.
    I like him, I respect him, I really hoped it would be a success story, I think in time he will have a successful managerial career as he seems a smart guy. However he's out of his dept at the moment. I don't blame him for taking the job, I blame the board for throwing such an inexperienced guy in at the deep end.
    Time will tell I guess cause I don't think the board are going to remove him and I can't see massive ins or outs in January. I feel like we'll be having the same discussion in 3 months time

Excuses excuses. The squad hasn't been great for years but as bad as they are they're not 15th in the table bad. People can reach for whatever excuse will make them feel better about the situation and there are things going on behind the scenes that are affecting the team but Arteta is playing his part in the current malaise. He may be an excellent manager in future but it wont be at Arsenal

It's funny how you can listen and read what every pundit says, what people inside the club are saying, and still determine that replacing Arteta will fix the problem. Did replacing Wenger fix it? Did replacing Emery fix it? No to both. The manager is not what has us in the position we are in, it's the players.

It's funny how you can listen and read what every pundit says, what people inside the club are saying, and still determine that replacing Arteta will fix the problem. Did replacing Wenger fix it? Did replacing Emery fix it? No to both. The manager is not what has us in the position we are in, it's the players.

Where did I say that replacing Arteta will fix the problem? Can you quote me saying that? No? It's because I didnt say it. What I will say is personally I dont think he has the required experience or know how to turn this around and sticking with him just for the sake of it wont end well. A loss against Chelsea coupled with Burnley winning their games in hand and Brighton winning their next game will see us in 17th. And it might well happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

See what I don’t get, is that Arteta has claimed we need fighters as opposed victims. Since he’s been appointed Coach/Manager he’s signed Soares, Willian, Mari, Runarrson, Gabriel, Partey. We’ve also renewed contracts for Luiz and Aubameyang.

Of the above players you’d probably only class Gabriel, Partey and Aubameyang as been up to scratch. All of the above were signed on his watch. I want him to succeed as when he first started seemed like a breath of fresh air. Sadly we’ve regressed, massively.

If we can’t beat Brighton at the end of the month he’s got to go. I can’t believe I’m typing this but that is our 6 pointer. You feel if we get a win we can push on and maybe climb the table again. It’s worrying times but I think not to give him some time to at least turn this around would be foolish.

Take away aubameyang's goal and they are 15th best!!

You and many here said it last season!! That without aubameyangs goals, we would be in the bottom half of the table!!

Roddy23 wrote: »
    See what I don’t get, is that Arteta has claimed we need fighters as opposed victims. Since he’s been appointed Coach/Manager he’s signed Soares, Willian, Mari, Runarrson, Gabriel, Partey. We’ve also renewed contracts for Luiz and Aubameyang.

Of the above players you’d probably only class Gabriel, Partey and Aubameyang as been up to scratch. All of the above were signed on his watch. I want him to succeed as when he first started seemed like a breath of fresh air. Sadly we’ve regressed, massively.

If we can’t beat Brighton at the end of the month he’s got to go. I can’t believe I’m typing this but that is our 6 pointer. You feel if we get a win we can push on and maybe climb the table again. It’s worrying times but I think not to give him some time to at least turn this around would be foolish.
    We diddnt beat brighton last season or the season before mate so why you expecting us to beat them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Don't worry lads, I asked the fat man in the red who is good for a favour this time of year for an extra special present this year.

An Arsenal win on Saint Stephen's day.

Ye are all very welcome.

Happy Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

And when Arteta gets sacked, watch him take on a top job say barcelona or PSG and win big things there and show everyone why even Pep admires him

Leaving aside Pep for a second, based purely on the job he's been doing at Arsenal could you give me one reason why Barca or PSG would hire him? Genuine question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Arteta: "Last year we won against Everton with a 25% chance of winning, you win 3-2. Last weekend, it was a 67% chance of winning, any Premier League game in history, & a 9% chance of losing, and you lose. 3% against Burnley & you lose, 7% against Spurs, & you lose.

We’re doomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well lads we can rest assured that Spurs won’t be winning the title anytime soon.
    They were nearly as bad as us today thankfully.
    Not a lot of consolation but a little nonetheless.

They've gone from me being terrified that the worst thing ever could actually happen, to all of a sudden 1 win in the last 5 league games.

And that was against some real no hopers. :(

It's a big test of Arteta, he has zero experience of being in this position. Even at City if there were any issues then it would fall to Pep. Not that City ever had anything like this. At City if fellas weren't pulling their weight then its easy to open the chequebook and replace them. That won't happen at Arsenal.
    I like him, I respect him, I really hoped it would be a success story, I think in time he will have a successful managerial career as he seems a smart guy. However he's out of his dept at the moment. I don't blame him for taking the job, I blame the board for throwing such an inexperienced guy in at the deep end.
    Time will tell I guess cause I don't think the board are going to remove him and I can't see massive ins or outs in January. I feel like we'll be having the same discussion in 3 months time

I still think he's going to be a very good manager.

However, the club putting a man with no experience whatsoever in charge of the split dressing room they created (& continue to maintain) is actual negligence.

I thought that Arteta quote was fake. Christ.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I still think he's going to be a very good manager.

However, the club putting a man with no experience whatsoever in charge of the split dressing room they created (& continue to maintain) is actual negligence.

More likely he’ll end up managing a championship team or maybe some average European team, probably in Spain.
    Maybe after a few years he’ll come good but not at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

They better sort this out...

The Beautiful Game Podcast (@Podcast_TBG) Tweeted:
    As things stand talks between #AFC and Folarin Balogun are yet to progress over a new contract. Flo is attracting strong interest from Germany🇩🇪 and Italy🇮🇹, player is open to move abroad if he does not extend his stay at the Emirates. #TBGPOD https://twitter.com/Podcast_TBG/status/1340988622657470464?s=20

• Advertisement

It's pretty sad times that so much weight is being placed on the signing of a decent prospect. I remember when our team was much much better than this, and if a teenager was good enough he was in the first team, no question.

These days we're hoping a potentially good player might stay with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Looks like Burnley will win.

Looks like Burnley will win.

I’m sure Arteta learned a lot from pep about the pressures of a relegation scrap.

omega man wrote: »
    I’m sure Arteta learned a lot from pep about the pressures of a relegation scrap.

And a transfer budget of 15 Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

omega man wrote: »
    Arteta: "Last year we won against Everton with a 25% chance of winning, you win 3-2. Last weekend, it was a 67% chance of winning, any Premier League game in history, & a 9% chance of losing, and you lose. 3% against Burnley & you lose, 7% against Spurs, & you lose.

We’re doomed.

He’s talking a lot of bull with those percentages.
    Teams are letting us have the ball in areas where we pose no threat.
    We only had 3 shots on target against Everton. Not a word about that.

• Advertisement

What kind of team does he put out tomorrow night? Go with the same as the Europa league and give guys a runout or put out the strongest team (whatever that is who knows) With so many games coming up i assume there will be many changes and City will do much the same.
    Does this game count towards Xhakas suspension or do his 3 games need to be in the league?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Aubamyang is set to miss the game with the same injury

Seems a convenient time to be injured.

For the game against City, I would love to see Saliba start, along with Ozil, Sokratis and anyone else who has been thrown aside. I wouldn't waste a single first team player on this nonsensicla cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

can
    Seems a convenient time to be injured.

For the game against City, I would love to see Saliba start, along with Ozil, Sokratis and anyone else who has been thrown aside. I wouldn't waste a single first team player on this nonsensicla cup.

Can Saliba and Ozil play? They're not registered for the Premier or Europa League. Not sure about the Carling Cup squad?

What kind of team does he put out tomorrow night? Go with the same as the Europa league and give guys a runout or put out the strongest team (whatever that is who knows) With so many games coming up i assume there will be many changes and City will do much the same.
    Does this game count towards Xhakas suspension or do his 3 games need to be in the league?

do a mix.

personally i would play the europa team in a league match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

The first thing I read this morning is that the club are in contract talks with Rob "backing off" Holding. He's still two years left on his contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I have finally reached the point where I have actually stopped caring, I genuinely felt nothing when hearing the FT score on Saturday and that actually saddens me. The 8 or 9 year old me would be stunned that there was ever a time I could have so little emotion invested in the team, but that's where we are. I have been drained of any emotion, even anger & frustration.

Couldn't care less what team he sticks out tonight, and it probably doesn't matter either.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

:mad:https://twitter.com/TopBinsTalk/status/1341041203123539971

Seems this Sven Mislintat fellow does some good work, shame that we don't have someone like this at our club, maybe we should hire him?

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

CatInABox wrote: »
    :mad:https://twitter.com/TopBinsTalk/status/1341041203123539971

Seems this Sven Mislintat fellow does some good work, shame that we don't have someone like this at our club, maybe we should hire him?

:mad:

Can blame Raul Sanlehi for pushing him out the door , At least Ivan the terrible was on to something with him :(

A thread was created yesterday about Arsenal and Arteta being done and was closed shortly after. Anyways on to tonight, who ever he put out tonight against City I hope they players have a good go at them. No humiliation if we go out tonight. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

We need to play all kids tonight so when we inevitably get thrashed the excuses are ready.

• Advertisement

Martinelli starts up front tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Starting XI: Runarsson, Mustafi, Gabriel, Kolasinac, Maitland-Niles, Elneny, Ceballos, Cedric, Willock, Lacazette, Martinelli.

Subs: Leno, Tierney, Mari, Smith Rowe, Pepe, Balogun, Nketiah.

DenMan wrote: »
    Martinelli starts up front tonight!

Too soon.

Remember the days of Wenger when a player that was out with a long term injury was eased back in over a good few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Getting ready for him to lead the promotion push next season I'd say

Balogun should be starting with Martinelli on the bench

If martenelli gets injured tonight...in lets face it a meaningless game Arteta can just piss off.

Listening to the pregame interview it looks like we're in for another evening listening to that bleeding pump droning on.

Ah, so that's what you do with a cross into the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

What can you say eh

• Advertisement

Mustafi is back. Although I don't think he understands he is playing because he was happy to sit back and watch Jesus get that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement