Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That was sooooooo easy ffs. Two of them lining up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

1-4 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Another cross with no attempt my Mustafi to clear. He really is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Queuing up for that.
    Defenders looking on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Who is our worst player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

These players really are a nightmare, who the **** scouted them all to bring them to the club in the first place. Lots of video tape from agents buying I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The mentality at our club is getting battered more every single game that we play. Doesn't matter that this is not the PL. We are now a team with a losing mentality and the form is independent of competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm actually kinda sad watching this.

What percentage of defending have we had tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Big of a harsh scoreline. We've created very little though in fairness.

• Advertisement

I'm just angry now.

Was anyone expecting anything different than what's happening now when we played a second string against Man City's (mostly) full strength team.

I really don't get the complaining, this was always going to be a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It’s only the league cup but it’s hard to watch this shítty version of Arsenal, teams a disaster this past while apart from a few promising looking kids in the side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

What percentage of defending have we had tonight.

It doesn’t matter as it was an 89.5% chance of losing. Keep up!

Wouldn't have taken much from a win, won't take too much from a loss. Would have been nice to not get embarrassed but hey, can't have everything eh? :pac:

It’s only the league cup but it’s hard to watch this shítty version of Arsenal, teams a disaster this past while apart from a few promising looking kids in the side

This team from tonight has shown more fight and desire than the first team in the league have had the past two months.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Kolasinac another contender for one of the most stupid footballers I've ever seen. Almost always does the wrong thing on the ball - kinda funny to watch.

Thank God City didn’t start a full strength team.
    KDB would have a field day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

x PyRo wrote: »
    Kolasinac another contender for one of the most stupid footballers I've ever seen. Almost always does the wrong thing on the ball - kinda funny to watch.

I really like him going forward. Not tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We really do have brilliant home fans considering we're 3 goals down in the QF, toying with regulation and they've still singing their hearts out in the crowd, beautiful really. Man City fans very quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I really like him going forward. Not tonight though.

Go way out of that he's rubbish and has been for years.

We really do have brilliant home fans considering we're 3 goals down in the QF, toying with regulation and they've still singing their hearts out in the crowd, beautiful really. Man City fans very quiet.

:confused:
    The stadium is empty isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Is it just me, or does our midfield threat and overall attacking threat look a lot better since ESR and Balogun came on?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Go way out of that he's rubbish and has been for years.

Yeah but he's Ozil's bodyguard, was part of his contract when he extended.

Quazzie wrote: »
    :confused:
    The stadium is empty isn't it?

I'm hearing lots of fans chanting and clapping in the background, are we listening to the same game?

• Advertisement

I'm hearing lots of fans chanting and clapping in the background, are we listening to the same game?

I think that's just sound effects. London is currently tier 3 so no fans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It’s a TV noise overplay it’s been there all season

Now maybe we can focus on the league.
    Same ole same ole Arsenal tonight.
    Full of the Christmas spirit.

Soups123 wrote: »

Zing.

Now maybe we can focus on the league.
    Same ole same ole Arsenal tonight.
    Full of the Christmas spirit.

I'd say Chelsea are shìtting themselves.

• Advertisement

Ah lads I was joking, realize the stands are empty, just like Arsenals soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

LOL are you for real?

You do know London is on a tier 4 lockdown and we cant even celebrate xmas with our families(i live 3miles away from the emirates by the way)

COVID-19 has ****ed everything up

Soups123 wrote: »

To be fair to Wooly, it has improved recently to club specific crowd nice whereas initially it was just generic crowd noise. Tonight's actually did sound like an Arsenal crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Cant wait until we play Chelsea,

we are going to smash them off the park

Good man Jonny.
    Keep it going 😛😛

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Are the women’s team playing Chelsea as well?

LOL are you for real?

You do know London is on a tier 4 lockdown and we cant even celebrate xmas with our families(i live 3miles away from the emirates by the way)

COVID-19 has ****ed everything up

Sorry to hear, was meant in jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I thought it was fairly obvious that Wooly was taking the piss about the crowd :pac:

Not gonna say much about the game tonight, think we all know the issues at this club now.
    On Runarsson though, is anyone really surprised about this guys level? He lost his place at Dijon last season ffs and cost 1.5m. He’s 25 and has no business being at a club of Arsenals size. I don’t blame the guy, it’s not his fault. It’s just shocking recruitment.

I thought it was fairly obvious that Wooly was taking the piss about the crowd :pac:

Not gonna say much about the game tonight, think we all know the issues at this club now.
    On Runarsson though, is anyone really surprised about this guys level? He lost his place at Dijon last season ffs and cost 1.5m. He’s 25 and has no business being at a club of Arsenals size. I don’t blame the guy, it’s not his fault. It’s just shocking recruitment.

Bit unfair to the lad really throwing him in the deep end like that, should have played Leno. At least Martinelli played well on his return.

He's our second choice yeah? Jokeshop. In about 4 years time we'll need to sign 2 goalkeepers.

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    Are the women’s team playing Chelsea as well?

I think the women's team could teach the men's team a few things.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does our midfield threat and overall attacking threat look a lot better since ESR and Balogun came on?

Yeah ESR looks quality. Injuries have probably halted his progress the last couple of year though. If he stays fit, he should get more opportunities. I’d rather him in the team every week then Willian. Although at this stage I’d rather start with 10 players than see Willian in the team.

Did Arteta give Balogoun any game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They were trying to sign David Raya initially from Brentford and have this fella 3rd choice because Macey wanted to leave , Poor Gabriel will be having nightmares tonight Mustafi and Kolasinac next to him and that fella behind him

I only saw the fourth City goal just now.

Wow.

I remember being pretty shocked at the good press we seemed to get for selling Martinez for 20 million.

Leaving us wide open to effectively writing off the entire season if Leno got hurt again. Staggering.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I remember being pretty shocked at the good press we seemed to get for selling Martinez for 20 million.

Leaving us wide open to effectively writing off the entire season if Leno got hurt again. Staggering.

Another unbelievable decision... not even in hindsight but just in general.

They were trying to sign David Raya initially from Brentford and have this fella 3rd choice because Macey wanted to leave , Poor Gabriel will be having nightmares tonight Mustafi and Kolasinac next to him and that fella behind him

Yeah heard that at the start of the season.

Speaking of keepers at Arsenal, 2 that are still at the club Macey (who you mention above) and Dejan Iliev. Both are 26 and 25 years old respectively. Why are both still at the club? Both came through the academy and haven’t got a sniff of the first team squad. So who keeps giving them new contracts? If these guys were outfield players they’d have been released years ago. Just seems like a complete waste of money. Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Like I agree with you above Kaisergunner why the hell did we see fit to pluck this fella off Dijon's bench when we had Iliev , Macey and isn't there another highly rated youth keeper aswell , absolutely baffling decision , another Raul backhander maybe ?? who knows 1.5 million Raul probably pocketed the 1 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Macey is 26 and according to Wikipedia has only played 57 games in his career, most of which were for Plymouth on loan 2 years ago.
    No offence to the lad but what kind of career is that? Why would you want to stay at a club like arsenal with no hope of playing and what kind of backup is that to have anyways, a guy with no experience at all. At 26 he still has time but it's makes no sense to me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement