Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Tired now but should see it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Save! Great one Leno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Running on empty now.
    Should be changes earlier.

Have to disagree, we were right to stay with the side that were dominating properly for once.

Plus, y'know...Shkodran.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well, that was nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's a Christmas miracle, London is red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

A great win late Christmas present! ðŸŽðŸŽ‰

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Absolutely delighted. Delighted for Arteta. Hopefully this result silences some doubters.

COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Laca Xhaka Saka!! Love it. !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

That team has to be the blueprint going forward. Youth, youth, youth. Willian must now be behind Saka, Martinelli and ESR in the pecking order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That team has to be the blueprint going forward. Youth, youth, youth. Willian must now be behind Saka, Martinelli and ESR in the pecking order.

Willian can keep Ozil company, maybe Luiz could also join.

These kids are good enough.

This should be the start of actually getting our shìt together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Phew, my heart was in my mouth once that Abraham goal was given.

Thank god Leno made that save. I would have fancied Chelsea to get the third had that gone in - and that would have been a sickener.

The team played well, lots of encouragement and it's always good to beat Chelsea.

But let's just wait and see now whether this can be the start of something. Arsenal have occasionally given big performances against big sides under Arteta, but it can often be meaningless if followed by more bad results. It's to be expected that before the game a lot of the talk was that Arteta was out of his depth and on the verge of being sacked - now, on the back of one game, he's a potential top manager again, once he clears out the dead wood etc,etc. One swallow doesn't make the summer.

Arsenal played well today and the win was great, but let's just see how the next few games pan out. I still think in my heart of hearts, that Arteta isn't at the level required for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Delighted with the unexpected win. Chelsea were poor but can only play the opposition in front of you though. Our lot played brilliantly to a man, the youth being the main heroes today. It's a pity that the changes came about as his hand was forced but I hope he saw enough out there today to leave Willian on the bench where he belongs and give the young fellas a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Missed the game and was pleasantly shocked by the result. Maybe I’ll keep not watching them!

Arghus wrote: »

Thank god Leno made that save. I would have fancied Chelsea to get the third had that gone in - and that would have been a sickener.

The team played well, lots of encouragement and it's always good to beat Chelsea.

But let's just wait and see now whether this can be the start of something. Arsenal have occasionally given big performances against big sides under Arteta, but it can often be meaningless if followed by more bad results. It's to be expected that before the game a lot of the talk was that Arteta was out of his depth and on the verge of being sacked - now, on the back of one game, he's a potential top manager again, once he clears out the dead wood etc,etc. One swallow doesn't make the summer.

Arsenal played well today and the win was great, but let's just see how the next few games pan out. I still think in my heart of hearts, that Arteta isn't at the level required for the job.

The phrase "clear out the dead wood" has been used in every transfer window for about 6 years.

It's hopeful, but we do seem to have a remarkable policy of actually bringing in dead wood on huge contracts. All very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

how did Tierney not get MOTM :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

x PyRo wrote: »
    Arteta is going to be a generational coach/manager. All going to plan, that'll be shown with us once he has a squad of his own players and keeps learning from mistakes he will make (and has made).

Hopefully people will have patience to trust the process as the rats are weeded out of the club, and the players who simply aren't good enough go too.

I'm intrigued to know what Arteta has shown you to state that he will be a generational manager. As a non Arsenal fan I haven't seen anything to suggest he's anything to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,643 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I said something similar earlier.
    When we beat City, Liverpool and United I thought we played really well too but then we had some atrocious displays afterwards culminating with us dropping to 15th place.
    I want to see very few changes in our next game apart from Partey and Gabriel coming back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

x PyRo wrote: »
    Arteta is going to be a generational coach/manager. All going to plan, that'll be shown with us once he has a squad of his own players and keeps learning from mistakes he will make (and has made).

Hopefully people will have patience to trust the process as the rats are weeded out of the club, and the players who simply aren't good enough go too.

WELL SAID.

his a top manager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Wow. I didn't expect that result or performance. The energy Martinelli alone brings to the forwards is immense and ESR's contribution was huge too. Mari put in another good performance apart from a tired tackle for the peno. Absolutely delighted. And delighted for Mikel, who must have been really feeling the strain. I hope we build on this now and I hope he uses the youth a lot more now too. COYG.

• Advertisement

pepe needs to be sold.

utter crap.

There was an instance in the game where Tienery had the ball near the wings and was waiting and then shouting at pepe to make a ****ing run.....

wow just wow

kingtiger wrote: »
    how did Tierney not get MOTM :confused:

I love Saka and he was very good tonight, but Sky really do love to hype him up any chance they get. Tonight was another example of that. If Saka gets on the score sheet they're probably gonna go with him for MOTM.

pepe needs to be sold.

utter crap.

There was an instance in the game where Tienery had the ball near the wings and was waiting and then shouting at pepe to make a ****ing run.....

wow just wow

And what about every time Pepe makes a run and we pass backwards instead of forwards to him? Do we sell the player who back passes? Is this how it works?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Who is it that picks man of the match for sky ?
    As soon as the game was over I turned it off, can’t be listening to Alex Scott and rob green talking to a presenter who said arsenal won 3 nil

As far as I know it's the co-commentator's job, in this case Gary Neville.

Agree though the studio panel tonight was quite poor.

Basil3 wrote: »
    And what about every time Pepe makes a run and we pass backwards instead of forwards to him? Do we sell the player who back passes? Is this how it works?

well no one was passing backwards tonight mate and yet he diddnt mke much runs at all

well no one was passing backwards tonight mate and yet he diddnt mke much runs at all

He was on for 20 minutes. He generally makes a tonne of runs and gets almost no service.

Just weird of you to single out a guy who came on for 20 minutes after a win like that. Very negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Its great to have put a little buffer between us and the relegation area as a loss tonight really would have dragged us down into the mire at that end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It does go to show how much a difference a few different players in a few positions can do , we're lucky the brazillians all had to be left out , we don't get that result with Willian on the pitch and I hope Arteta sees that

Great to see Martinelli getting through another 70 mins unharmed , he's going to be vital for us going forward , hopefully we'll get some good news on Partey soon

It does go to show how much a difference a few different players in a few positions can do , we're lucky the brazillians all had to be left out , we don't get that result with Willian on the pitch and I hope Arteta sees that

Great to see Martinelli getting through another 70 mins unharmed , he's going to be vital for us going forward , hopefully we'll get some good news on Partey soon

I think he's still a couple of weeks away.

Quite interesting that he's our only injured player at the moment. Everyone else is illness/Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I asked the big man in red and he delivers lads, great performance. knew he wouldnt leave me down. Watched every second and loved it. Great performance with attacking treat. Martinelli I would marry him now.

A couple on here ****ting on Bellerin early I thought he was good tonite. Mari I thought was good, got very tired though.

Tierney make him captain right now.

Elenany not his best game, xhaka stuck my pre match comment's up my ass.

Smith Rowe I was delighted with the positions he picks up.

Front 3 then we're amazing.

Leno to tonight made me forgot about Emi.

Delighted they performed for the manager.

Happy ****ing Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Sorry forgot holding, he was solid

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think he's still a couple of weeks away.

Quite interesting that he's our only injured player at the moment. Everyone else is illness/Covid.

9th Jan is the expected date for Gabriel and Partey to return.
    Two huge away games next against Brighton and West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We surely have to be getting 6 points in those games now , would be a massive lift going into the new year if we get back into the top half of the table or at least close to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Look back. There's a couple of us that have remained faithful to the plan laid down by Arteta. Not all Arsenal fans are as tickle as ATV suggests

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Quazzie wrote: »
    Look back. There's a couple of us that have remained faithful to the plan laid down by Arteta. Not all Arsenal fans are as tickle as ATV suggests

I’d wait until after the Brighton game before taking the moral high ground.
    Today was a fantastic result so i really don’t want to get into critiquing Arteta right now.

Indeed. I am a fan of what Mikel is preaching to us the fans, I don't want him moved on and support his ideals 100%, but today (while bloody brilliant) could be just a once off. One swallow does not a summer make etc etc.

If (and hopefully when) we earn the next 6 points in 2 games, and the good form of today is carried over, then I will start to believe fully. Again.

WELL SAID.

his a top manager

He’s not a top manager as yet.
    He has to prove he is.
    We’ve had false dawns before and we all want him to succeed but he’s far from a top manager as yet.
    Wait until the team start providing consistency and move up the table because we didn’t get to be 15th by accident l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Quazzie wrote: »

Not all are of course. There have been lots of resolutely pro-Arteta fans throughout everything.

And I hope he eventually turns out to be as good as some people think, because that'd be great and we'd all be happy.

But I'm not saying tonight is a corner turned until we put a few results together back to back. Football is a very reactive business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Is it just me or does Kante never really perform against us? Even at Leicester we dealt with him handy enough

• Advertisement

Brighton winning too. Really need to win the next couple of games to get some breathing space from the relegation area. Its like quicksand down there if you slip in.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Back to 15th after Leeds won today
    Need a few wins on the trot now to try and climb up the league

Brighton keeping the pressure on us today as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Come on West Ham! When you want them to do well they usually let you down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great result. Really eases the pressure on the players and the bossman. Only pity for me is that 2 of the goals were set pieces. Still they were far more of threat than we’ve seen in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The next 4 games are eminently winnable. 8-10 points should be the minimum return acceptable.

Brighton and West Brom away will not be easy.

• Advertisement

West Brom just drew away to Pool, the big Sam factor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Brighton and West Brom away will not be easy.

No games are easy but Arsenal should be winning them, and an Arsenal who are under pressure to sort out their woeful recent performances need to win them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

The mighty spurs title charge is taking a massive nose dive. Only 9 points behind them now and we'll claw that back in the new year. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Amazing what a good win does for the confidence...

Giroud has put Chelsea 1 up against Villa.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement