Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Gabriel has tested positive for C19 apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No doubt there will be plenty more cases, Everton v city was called off

BBC tweeted this about an hour ago, with a picture of Martinelli up.... Some of the replies were hilarious, tried to screenshot it, but they deleted it fairly sharpish!

Only thing in Gabriel's favour here is that he was identified as a close contact and isolated immediately, then tested positive, meaning he will not have spread it too much hopefully. Well, you'd hope anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

No doubt there will be plenty more cases, Everton v city was called off

Yea I was going to say that many city players got tested positive too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

DenMan wrote: »
    I like Arteta as a person but this crap cannot continue. He's great with individual players as he was at City but it's clear he has very little management skills. You can't go through a 38 game season and lose 30 or so of those games and call that progress. That's what we're looking at right now. He has to go now!
    DenMan wrote: »
    The mighty spurs title charge is taking a massive nose dive. Only 9 points behind them now and we'll claw that back in the new year. COYG

Best of luck..
    Its amazing how 1 win can change outlooks ? :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

i think you are lost :confused:

Mod: posters are allowed post where they wish unless deemed otherwise by the mod team, this thread is not solely for Arsenal fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

greenspurs wrote: »
    Best of luck..

Or a few seasons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Best of luck..

Will be needed for sure!

It's all irrational feelings with this in football. Objectively unless this is followed by a comfortable win at Brighton we are back to square one. Important not to let the Chelsea win cloud judgement too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Best of luck..

Granted it may have altered some people's outlook on Arsenal, however everyone's outlook on Spurs has remained the same for decades - that they'll win nothing

I was reading online that Harry Kane dived to try to win Spurs a game the other day. Did anyone see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Partey trained with the 1st team on Monday

• Advertisement

Partey trained with the 1st team on Monday

Can't see them rushing him back in again

Basil3 wrote: »
    I was reading online that Harry Kane dived to try to win Spurs a game the other day. Did anyone see it?

the ref didnt ...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That happens pretty much every game so you'll have to be more specific?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

the ref didnt ...... :rolleyes:

Never does. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming Partey is still a couple of weeks away from playing?

El Sueño wrote: »
    That happens pretty much every game so you'll have to be more specific?

I think its every other game, he swaps it with the backing-in thing he does that could murder someone ?

or something like that......

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Quazzie wrote: »
    Never does. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming Partey is still a couple of weeks away from playing?

he's back in full training so should be sooner than that !

Hope he's been told not to leave the field when the other team are on the counter in future. Pretty basic stuff but every day's a learning day!

on a serious note, are you happy with jose and his style of approach to playing in the league ?

We were only discussing it on the Spurs thread..

After the 1-6 Man U win, i thought, "Hey this man is changed, its all out , gung ho attack"...

But the last 4 games have changed me back to my original way of thinking.
    Its turgid, its not attractive, and now, its not working!

But, were stuck with him now .... :rolleyes:

He 'might' win the League cup , but once the stadium is full , the home fans wont stomach scoring in the 1st minute and then retreating to the 18yd line for the last few 89 mins remaining .....

I see we're on Amazon Prime Video today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

On Arsenal Injury Room it says that Partey and Gabriel are unlikely to be back until the 9th Jan.
    Hopefully they’re wrong and the boys are back today or at least on the bench.

• Advertisement

gabriel has covid19 so i hope he isnt on the bench

Didn’t see that but that means he’ll be out at least for two more weeks at least.
    Hope nobody else caught it from him.

he sat out the chelsea game for being a close contact and since tested positive so he is out for this game and west brom

I have a friend who’s a doctor and had Covid.
    He said that whatever he took for the headache it caused ( he has access to lots of medication )didn’t really ease the pain and he could hardly make it from the bed to the en suite through lack of breath. Hopefully Gabriel hasn’t got it as bad as that.

some people seem to be knocked out completely while others are fine, hopefullay for any of the players it passes without a major symptom

rumours floating around there was a Christmas house party in london with a few Brazilian lads and willian and luiz had symptoms too

If we’d known we could have sent a few non-Brazilians.
    The forced changes to the team against Chelsea might prove to be a blessing in disguise if we keep winning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I have a friend who’s a doctor and had Covid.
    He said that whatever he took for the headache it caused ( he has access to lots of medication )didn’t really ease the pain and he could hardly make it from the bed to the en suite through lack of breath. Hopefully Gabriel hasn’t got it as bad as that.

It seems to be so random. A friend only found out that she had it because she was being regularly tested because she worked in a care home. Absolutely no symptoms, but if she wasn't caught by the testing, she'd probably have killed off a load of patients.

Wilshere training with Bournemouth. SSN.

CatInABox wrote: »
    It seems to be so random. A friend only found out that she had it because she was being regularly tested because she worked in a care home. Absolutely no symptoms, but if she wasn't caught by the testing, she'd probably have killed off a load of patients.

A local teacher had a Covid test two weeks ago because he was a close contact. He had no symptoms then.
    He foolishly arrived back into school after the test and had to be ordered home until he received the results. The test was positive. He too could have spread it to the entire school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

If we’d known we could have sent a few non-Brazilians.
    The forced changes to the team against Chelsea might prove to be a blessing in disguise if we keep winning.

I still find it impossible to believe that Arteta insisted we got Willian and insisted on playing him every game.

No way he couldn't think of a better plan than an aging Chelsea castoff, even less chance he would persist with him in the face of the worst run of form in the league, and less chance again he'd be happy with that trip to Dubai the day before a game, considering how he's approached disciplinary issues with better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I see we're on Amazon Prime Video today.

Also on Premier 1

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

ARSENAL TEAM NEWS

Team to face Brighton: Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Mari, Tierney, Elneny, Xhaka, Smith Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, Aubameyang.

Subs: Runarsson, Ceballos, Lacazette, Maitland-Niles, Cedric, Pepe, Mustafi, Willock, Nketiah.

Auba for Laca, that’s a good change, Auba could feed of the energy better if repeated

decent enough team tonight

Martinelli & Auba.

If nothing else, this is gonna be interesting!

Can’t get a stream.
    Is Auba sticking in at CF or is he roaming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

He is sticking so far, Saka and martinelli off him on the wings

Could do with more tempo in our passing. Very slow so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It’s on Amazon prime go on the live chat and tell them you’re in England and they’ll switch you over to the uk version took me 30 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Can’t get a stream.
    Is Auba sticking in at CF or is he roaming?

I can't send you a Private Message because "tayto lover has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Although Jim Beglin is on co commentator so you’re probably better off with a Latvian stream

Elneny & xhaka need to take less touches. Quicker quicker quicker transitions needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Elneny & xhaka need to take less touches. Quicker quicker quicker transitions needed.

How Elneny is now a starter for us saddens me.

Boooooooored

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Azatadine wrote: »
    How Elneny is now a starter for us saddens me.

Boring game so far

Brighton are a boring team, not even a striker on the pitch

• Advertisement

This keeper should be getting tested and we haven’t had a shot on target yet

I do think we try to be one of these sexy teams that probe away until we create that one opportunity.

Can be ****ing boring though. Even the movement off the young fellas isnt great today so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Nice by Pablo Mari there.

Elneny v poor on the ball yet again, matter of time before that costs us.

Such a **** off performance so far, taking nothing from the Chelsea.

Brighton just sitting back letting Elneny Xhaka and Holding have the ball and not one of them can play a pass. Said it so many times choosing Elneny and Xhaka is bull**** from Arteta both ****e both negative

Elneny has already fcuked up 3 times on our box, shambles of a footballer on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Soups123 wrote: »
    Such a **** off performance so far, taking nothing from the Chelsea.

Brighton just sitting back letting Elneny Xhaka and Holding have the ball and not one of them can play a pass. Said it so many times choosing Elneny and Xhaka is bull**** from Arteta both ****e both negative

Elneny has already fcuked up 3 times on our box, shambles of a footballer on the ball

I dont rate Elneny at all. Its a reminder to me of how far we've fallen when he's a starter for us.

Saka's corners have been ****ing ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Bellerin with an absolutely pedestrian attempt at a ball down the line to Saka there, he's lucky nothing came of Brighton's attack. The contrast between himself and Tierney is unreal.

Auba's touch is so off as well, he looks shattered.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Elneny is rubbish, super fit and will do a job when you're playing with a low block but he's afraid to play the ball forward.

Him, Mari, Holding and Bellerin are all huge problems here. None of them can progress the ball properly. Boring stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

This is pretty bad. No penetration whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Turgid half of “football”!

• Advertisement

This Arteta ball is boring as Fcuk, for a guy seen as a top coach his brand of football is as basic as it comes.

He encourages no freedom, a midfield of Xhaka and Elneny smacks of negativity. He’s walking himself out the door here.

If he allows Elneny start the second half he deserves what’s coming his way

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement