Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Good 3 points.

I’ve been really impressed with Mari the past two games. He’s stepped up to the plate nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Another win. Another goal from open play. More minutes for ESR and Martinelli. A clean sheet. Some positives anyway.

Na sack arteta

Na sack arteta

If you searched sack Arteta on this site it’s probably mostly posts by you bringing that back up when nobody’s talking about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Need to beat WBA this sat to keep our momentum goin

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1344005265935495168?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Much better second half.
    Great closing down and focus.
    More experience for the three youngsters.

Not the best of football but got the job done and I’m happy with that.
    Keep the same team if possible for the WBA game and get the younger lads bedded in. Partey might make the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Much improved 2nd half, but that wouldn't have been difficult. We're still bereft of confidence though, typified by Aubameyang the most! Deserved the win, despite the nervy last few minutes... Onwards and looking up the table now!

If you searched sack Arteta on this site it’s probably mostly posts by you bringing that back up when nobody’s talking about it

Umm nope it's you and most people here wanting arteta sacked while me and about 2 others argued to the rest that we need to keep arteta.

Our next loss your going to ask for arteta head again.

Sorry but many here are just like the fickle fans in aftv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Umm nope it's you and most people here wanting arteta sacked while me and about 2 others argued to the rest that we need to keep arteta

No lad, you've been quite painful about it. At least Quazzie was able to give reasoning for his opinions
    Enjoy the fact that we're 2 from 2 and stop with the I told you so's

Umm nope it's you and most people here wanting arteta sacked while me and about 2 others argued to the rest that we need to keep arteta.

Stop polluting this thread with scutter. I’m neither Arteta in or out the jury is still out on him for me. The players are quite clearly a massive problem, any idiot can see that.

You’re the only one repeating yourself and rambling like a turkey off AFTV

• Advertisement

Strong.

At this stage I barely care if he stays or goes before the end of the season. We're in for a season of nothingness.
    I don't think I'm being fickle either, I've been pretty consistent in saying that I have seen zero reason to believe that he has any business walking into managing Arsenal. I said similar at the start and some of the disastrous form and nonsense with players and **** signings hasn't changed my mind. If we win every match til the end of the year I'll admit I was wrong. If we win both cups and look like a coherent side in the league (top 4 won't be required) I'll change my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Much much improved second half could have had 3/4 goals.
    Need to keep the 5/6 touches in transition down, get it to the youth and get turned and let them at teams.

Partey will really kick us on now as well.

Overall happy after a disappointing first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Should now beat WBA by a few regardless of big Sam.

Some new faces in January and maybe an EL run in 2021 and we might rescue a dismal season.

The pressure will come back on Arteta with a few defeats or even if our style doesn’t improve.
    For now he’s bought some valuable breathing space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

If we win every match til the end of the year I'll admit I was wrong.

I can absolutely guarantee that we will not be beaten before the end of the year, so come on admit you were wrong ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Can we move Willian on already? I'd rather win or lose with these young players.

omega man wrote: »
    Should now beat WBA by a few regardless of big Sam.

Some new faces in January and maybe an EL run in 2021 and we might rescue a dismal season.

The pressure will come back on Arteta with a few defeats or even if our style doesn’t improve.
    For now he’s bought some valuable breathing space.

Some talk of a Spanish midfielder, Joan (yes) Jordan coming in in Jan.
    Never heard of him.( well I hope it’s a him).

• Advertisement

Can we move Willian on already? I'd rather win or lose with these young players.

Don’t think they have the balls to get rid of him after half a season, I’d say they’ll hold onto him just to save face.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Okay time for arteta to go but so should the whole team by the way

So was this a keep Arteta post Jonny? If you play both sides of the fence you can’t be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Can we just stop all the silly bickering please? It's ruining the thread! We won FFS

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Sounds like something you would hear in the school playground

Watch this space,next loss and you be asking arteta to be sacked

Watch this space,next loss and you be asking arteta to be sacked

As one who was asking for his sacking, he has bought some leeway with me (not that it is worth anything :pac:) for playing the youth. If he goes back to Willian, Luiz and the other clowns and the bad results return, I think he should go. Hopefully he has learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Good win.

Now beat Big Sam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd love it if we hammered Big Sam although I'd take a 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Isco loan......

Isco loan......

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Isco loan......

Makes a bit of sense, permanent transfer for Isco this Jan more likely I would have thought. To someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Charity Shield 2017.

Luiz and Willian start for Chelsea.

Kolasinac gets our equaliser.

Giroud scores the winning pen in the shootout.

Don't quite know why I'm watching this

Link?
    @MarkyMBryans
    Arsenal interest in Isco is genuine.

Would be a half-season loan but very early stages and depends on several factors.

Madrid would have to pay a percentage of his wage and even then it would be dependent on Arsenal shifting at least one out first.

But they are keen. #AFC
    3:45 PM · Dec 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/MarkyMBryans/status/1343946203973758982

@ZRAFC
    Arteta will target a creative midfielder once the market reopens on Friday, with Real Madrid’s Isco among the names being considered. [
    @SamiMokbel81_DM

https://twitter.com/ZRAFC/status/1344076157235441664

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Delighted to get the win last night, was it pretty no. The first half we were cat and I thought oh here we go. Second half much improved, less tippy tappy broke a lot quicker without 20 passes to get the ball back to the keeper. Thought the young lads in particular had great games again, Smith-Rowe (besides that silly back heal mistake) and Saka especially. Auba looked tired, I know he wasn't getting a lot of service in the first half but he needs to pick the head up, hopefully a goal with get them flowing again.

Anyway as everyone is saying we should be looking to beat West Brom handily enough in which case we're around the mid-table dependent on other results, hardly where we want to be but going up the table is the most important thing as this stage. Need some reinforcements in Jan but I want the kids to keep getting their games, Willian should be on the bench at best as an impact sub when the kids tire. Much more hunger in them to play and get forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Don't want Isco, he's also just about to have his third child so surely won't want to come to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Would rather gamble on Buendia with his prem league experience and his age then another loan from Spain to be honest.

• Advertisement

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Would rather gamble on Buendia with his prem league experience and his age then another loan from Spain to be honest.

I’d honestly like the young lads to get a run of games as they’ve being doing very well and deserve the chance. We have a run of winnable games coming. That’s even if we do sign someone. These youngsters have really surprised me with their performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Charity Shield 2017.

Luiz and Willian start for Chelsea.

Kolasinac gets our equaliser.

Giroud scores the winning pen in the shootout.

Don't quite know why I'm watching this

Forgot to mention, starting centre midfielders for Arsenal? Xhaka & Elneny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wouldn't mind a loan at least if he's **** he goes back no harm no foul , as long as he doesn't half perform and we sign him on a big contract and he goes to ****

plus I'd hope he'd only be coming in as squad depth , As good as smyth rowe is , he's had his fair share of injury problems so would be good to protect him epesically with europa kicking in after january and the FA cup starting up again aswell

Schalke loan deal for Kola in Jan with perm deal in the summer

Jesus but the table gets more depressing. A not-amazing 2ppg would have us in 2nd, a point behind first. Likely another 15/16 missed opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Schalke loan deal for Kola in Jan with perm deal in the summer

Can we stuff Ozil in his bags aswell

Ha I'd be very surprised if he's registered in Jan but stranger things have happened

I’d still love to know the true story behind his banishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Ha I'd be very surprised if he's registered in Jan but stranger things have happened

Was only thinking that. If someone is released/sold in this window & we fail to sign a replacement what's the chances of Ozil being registered for the second half of the season? Slim I'd expect but its been an odd year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We're supposed to be bringing in Omar Rekik, a Central Defender from Hertha Berlin he's 19 and expected to be an U23 player for the moment

greendom wrote: »
    We're supposed to be bringing in Omar Rekik, a Central Defender from Hertha Berlin he's 19 and expected to be an U23 player for the moment

We will soon be able to field 11 Central Defenders, none of them much good mind but we have some amount of them!

Pogue eile wrote: »
    We will soon be able to field 11 Central Defenders, none of them much good mind but we have some amount of them!

What about saliba? is he a failed player?

He seems to have fallen foul of Arteta for non footballing reasons and his use of social media, my own view is that he is still a very young lad and if they thought enough of him to pay the price for him in the first place then he should be persisted with, a good kick in the ho*e about his off field carry on wouldn't go astray though! God knows we have given plenty of chances to plenty of duds that were never going to amount to anything, this lad seems to have a genuine future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

not ready by the looks of things. Arteta wants to loan him out - to a team in England to help him to acclimatise

There you go, no contribution to his salary which will release extra funds for us

https://twitter.com/cfbayern/status/1344587268703612930?s=19

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Was only thinking that. If someone is released/sold in this window & we fail to sign a replacement what's the chances of Ozil being registered for the second half of the season? Slim I'd expect but its been an odd year.

Oddly enough with Kola gone there's a feeling that Ozil may move. The two of them have remained really close but Ozil is alone in London now with no close friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Offloading players in January is a priority for the club according to Arteta.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55496355

DenMan wrote: »

Interesting from Calciomercato claiming that Real Madrid are seeking to terminate the Ceballos loan deal as they have a sale agreed with AC Milan

DenMan wrote: »

We bought too many duds and gave them lucrative deals.
    No wonder they’re hard to shift.
    Transfer dealings have to be examined. Didn’t we even take in a lad with a broken back not too long ago.

Oddly enough with Kola gone there's a feeling that Ozil may move. The two of them have remained really close but Ozil is alone in London now with no close friends

I’d say €350K a week has more to do with it.
    He’ll see out his deal imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement