Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, there's no consistency, especially when it comes to European matches.

It's like van Persie getting a red card for kicking a ball after a whistle he didn't hear, when in any other match it wouldn't even be a free kick, let alone a card.

Told my brother a utd supporter that Fred wasn't clever enough to last the rest of the game on a yellow, but he told me him and ole know what they're doing:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, there's no consistency, especially when it comes to European matches.

It's like van Persie getting a red card for kicking a ball after a whistle he didn't hear, when in any other match it wouldn't even be a free kick, let alone a card.

That Van Persie red still makes me fùckin furious.

Jaysus, Giroud scored 4?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Jakers! Always liked Giroud. Brought something different to us and always put himself about defending from the front. Great for defending set pieces too. Even when he was having an off day in front of goal he always gave his best. He was a kind of "glue" to gel the team together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

4 beautiful finishes too, how we could do with him now. His all round game is great, even when he doesn't score. Laca can't kick show off a rope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    4 beautiful finishes too, how we could do with him now. His all round game is great, even when he doesn't score. Laca can't kick show off a rope.

Half the people praising Giroud now were criticising him the same as they are Laca now

Oh fickle

Half the people praising Giroud now were criticising him the same as they are Laca now

Oh fickle

I dont think that's true to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Oh fickle

I think he’d fit better into the team now to mix things up than he did when he left but at the time I wasn’t sad to see him go. He’s done well since he left but Arsenal definitely got his best years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think the point is Lacazette wasn't much of an upgrade on Giroud (if at all) and would have been a hell of a lot cheaper to just keep Giroud. I won't pretend I was in favour of keeping Giroud at the time but in hindsight another absolutely woeful piece of business.

I think the point is Lacazette wasn't much of an upgrade on Giroud (if at all) and would have been a hell of a lot cheaper to just keep Giroud. I won't pretend I was in favour of keeping Giroud at the time but in hindsight another absolutely woeful piece of business.

Wasn't it all tied up in some kind of round the houses way to get Auba?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Giroud was never good enough to be the main striker but he was such a brilliant option to have. We should never have let him go even after buying Auba.

Azatadine wrote: »
    I dont think that's true to be honest.

I think that very true if you look back to comments since 2012 on here.

Laca never set the world alight either but we have to be honest. I agree with L'prof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Anybody got the teams yet? COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

DenMan wrote: »
    Anybody got the teams yet? COYG

Runarsson
    Mustafi - Mari - Kolasinac
    Soares - Nelson - Elneny - Pepe - Maitland Niles
    Nketiah - Lacazzette

Good to see Mari starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Chambers on the bench too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

wow, that was some shot!!!

My word. Maybe he's not a donkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Great goal, Lacca badly needed that too

Its almost like trying the occasional shot from distance might work from time to time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Noice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Lovely clean strike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Playing with some verve tonight. Maybe having the crowds back will help. Mari with number 2! Get in!

Good man Pablo! 2-0

Either we're on form or these are absolutely rubbish. Id say its the latter, should put up a decent score here

Regardless of the opposition, we're playing some nice stuff. It's like we're actually trying to play or something. Weird.

• Advertisement

Another lovely attempt denied by the post

Perhaps we should play Laca at 10. Might start to get a few goals from midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

How is Nelson still allowed to take set pieces. Without exaggeration, his set piece delivery is the worst I've ever seen. It is Sunday league levels of terrible.

Lovely quick movement there, I like to see that

How is Nelson still allowed to take set pieces. Without exaggeration, his set piece delivery is the worst I've ever seen. It is Sunday league levels of terrible.

Honestly, I don't think he's any worse than anyone else we use!

That was a nice goal again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We’re all over this lot. They’re very poor but you can only play what’s in front of you. Might give some of our lads a bit of confidence.

No reason why we shouldnt be going out and getting another 2 or 3 in the second half. These are muck but you can only beat whats in front of you, we seem to have nice width and pace to our play and for a change its nice to watch us where we look like scoring at every attack

ffs we still couldnt keep a bloody clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We should be playing against ten. Any kind of a touch past the keeper and he takes the attacker out of it.

Naive to try and actually take him on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Lacazette seems to be better as a ten, might be worth a try for a premiership game

If we play Lacazette as a number 10 we might as well sign up for bottom half of the league.

4-1 happy days boys!

Aren’t we there already lol

Not for the season I hope. One place for laca and that's out of the club. He boils me watching him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's clear imo that we play with the handbrake on in the PL, caution first and foremost. Rapid Vienna look well sh1te but our attitude is totally different to the PL, it's like they're actually allowed to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

One thing I've noticed since Willian and Ceballos came on. They both seem to hold onto the ball too. Long and slow down the attack. We were much quicker and more fluid before they came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

What’s so frustrating about us is that the first man never wants to take the shot, with the exception of Laca everyone is shifting the responsibility, game after game

• Advertisement

One thing I will say though folks. if we had Partey & Martinelli back to go with the likes of Elneny, Mari and Maitland-Niles, it would make some difference. AMN is a terrific player in attacking terms and has really come on leaps and bounds.

The slippery slope this year began with getting Pool and City back to back very early on. We played well in those games. We played United off the park at Old Trafford. In fairness to Arteta, he inherited a few mercenaries and alot of dross, but there is green shoots. We'd be foolish to hit delete now. He hasnt had a full season with the club.

Good to see fans back at the Emirates tonight even if it is just a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Smith Rowe always looks good when I see him and he seems to be a number 10, I’d like to see more of him.

Extended highlights from last night's win in Europe.

Nice have sacked Patrick Vieira as their coach after two and a half years in charge. I only read during the week he was thinking of bringing Saliba to the club on loan in January.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55187481

I heard that yesterday on the school run but hasn’t seen it on the news so assumed it was nonsense
    Did they have a bad run ?

They've lost their last five games, including the defeat to Leverkusen in Europe on Thursday night. 11th in the table, 8 points behind leaders PSG.

Lots of rumours today that the Kroenkes have sanctioned the release fee for Szoboszlai and that he's keen to join....

I know very little about the guy, seems to have suddenly become a superstar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Lots of rumours today that the Kroenkes have sanctioned the release fee for Szoboszlai and that he's keen to join....

I know very little about the guy, seems to have suddenly become a superstar

Does this mean that I am going to have to learn how to pronounce his name :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Does this mean that I am going to have to learn how to pronounce his name :mad:

Sa-boz-lie is how I've been doing it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Don't know much about him myself but seems like similar mould to Aouar and was Hungary's best player while qualifying for the euros and fantastic for RB in the Champions League aswell

• Advertisement

Partey is in the squad today, thank ****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement