Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Is there anything harder to watch than a Steve Bruce side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's good to see purposeful passing around the box, rather than aimless passing followed by a poor cross that we usually see.

Aye, but we need to be more ruthless against the likes of these and Palace at home. Much more ruthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

We're starting to turn the screw a good bit now.

DenMan wrote: »
    Rob Holding seems to have turned into Tony Adams.

Wowzers! That's a big statement!

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Wowzers! That's a big statement!

Very commanding in the air there. Must the affects of signing the new contract with the golden pen. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Auba is so off form it's actually hard to watch.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

This is ****e absolute ****e again

We definitely need a number 10

Soups123 wrote: »

It's not that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Auba and Xhaka just looking on and letting the Newcastle man put the cross in.
    Criminal defending.

• Advertisement

We are against a low block team and we have had a few very good chances. Don't know what u expect from football matches to be honest.

Try to be a bit realistic

At least Auba's in the game a fair bit. Really hope he scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This is particularly frustrating because if Auba scores the open goal then Newcastle can't afford to just park the bus all game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Auba is so off form it's actually hard to watch.......

If Pepe or Wilian put in a 45 mins like that, there would be a meltdown on here, he has been woeful, he looks close to tears every time he messes up.

The only positive is that he is getting on a load of ball and maybe can get a break or get lucky and it might lift his confidence, its like the team are trying to play him into form, I remember something similar with Lacazette when he was in his slump.

I’d like to see Martinelli on in the second half for one of Auba or Laca.
    Do it early.

We are against a low block team and we have had a few very good chances. Don't know what u expect from football matches to be honest.

Try to be a bit realistic

If you think this is good your off your rocker, this is a ****e Newcastle team, we’ve had half chances

If you don’t expect better then you’ve low standards

AdamD wrote: »
    This is particularly frustrating because if Auba scores the open goal then Newcastle can't afford to just park the bus all game

Last season he woulda scored that chance with his eyes closed

The hell is Luiz laughing at there. Laugh when we're 4 up, not when we can't score at home to Newcastle.

Further proof that you are not happy unless you are complaining, that was nowhere near our worse performances, in fact I would go as far as saying it was a goal away from being one of our better home performances this season.

• Advertisement

I know it’s only 0-0 but that made me wanna scream :pac:

Hopefully Martinelli comes on early in the 2nd to show Aubameyang how it’s done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Where's Smith Rowes best position, top left?

Partey has some nice disguise on his passes.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Further proof that you are not happy unless you are complaining, that was nowhere near our worse performances, in fact I would go as far as saying it was a goal away from being one of our better home performances this season.

Further proof of what? No idea what your on about.

Christ on a bike one of the best performances just missing a goal?? are you for real lad. That was awful, no style to our play just clunky mid table standard build up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

We're very slow to move forward when we find space in the middle, I think Arteta is making a mistake pushing Pep ball and encouraging them to pass sideways and backwards when the forward pass or move is on.

If you think this is good your off your rocker, this is a ****e Newcastle team, we’ve had half chances

If you don’t expect better then you’ve low standards

We will agree to disagree. I know real Football isn't like just flipping a switch and your 3-0 up against a low block team in the premier League. Gotta work hard and move the ball well and take your chances when they come. We missed ours.

If Auba was even 50% on form we would be one up easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cross after cross after cross after cross.

Absolutely useless.

Even if a cross meets a striker it’s still such a low percentage chance of scoring with a direct hit.

The argument of ‘giving good balls into the box’ doesn’t sit well with me at all.

• Advertisement

Further proof of what? No idea what your on about.

Christ on a bike one of the best performances just missing a goal?? are you for real lad. That was awful, no style to our play just clunky mid table standard build up

We are a mid table team, time you accepted that, like someone else said I have no idea what you are expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Looks like we may gain another point from Arteta ball. The longer we go without scoring, the more worried I'll become that we don't even pick up that point.

We will agree to disagree. I know real Football isn't like just flipping a switch and your 3-0 up against a low block team in the premier League. Gotta work hard and move the ball well and take your chances when they come. We missed ours.

If Auba was even 50% on form we would be one up easily.

Newcastle have 4 strikers playing, they’ve 2 in midfield, playing an old school 442.

We are offering very little more by our play than them. Premier league has not changed, there will be 60%+ of the games as an Arsenal team where you play a team sitting, we have zero creativity.

The team selection is ok, the problem is no tempo yet again, and Arteta insisting on tip tap football with this group it’s just not in them

Pogue eile wrote: »
    We are a mid table team, time you accepted that, like someone else said I have no idea what you are expecting.

We’re a mid table team on form. We have the players to be better accept mediocrity if that’s how it helps you enjoy it

I just don't get a lot of ye on this. If Auba taps that in and we go in 1-0 up what would ye be saying. If we aren't 2/3-0 up at half time ye have a meltdown for every game.

I imagine ye play football manager and save the game before every match so you can just quit if you are drawing a match or losing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Only thing that 1st half was missing was that Auba chance to go in , we'd have killed them then , remember last season we didn't score till the 55th minute then battered them 4-0 , same with the cup game as soon as we scored they folded

an early goal in the 2nd half and we'll toast them in my opinion

Newcastle have 4 strikers playing, they’ve 2 in midfield, playing an old school 442.

We are offering very little more by our play than them. Premier league has not changed, there will be 60%+ of the games as an Arsenal team where you play a team sitting, we have zero creativity.

The team selection is ok, the problem is no tempo yet again, and Arteta insisting on tip tap football with this group it’s just not in them

We have hit the post and pulled a great save out of there keeper!!! How is that creating nothing. U only need to create 2/3 good chances to win a match. U don't need 10

It’s better than in the Palace match but not a lot.
    We got the ball forward quickly on two or three occasions in the first half and created chances.
    We need to do much more of that. The sideways and backwards passes are getting us nowhere and allowing defenders and midfielders to get back.
    We need more energy and quick through balls to turn these and get scores. We’re making their defenders job easy at the minute,

We have hot the post and pulled a great save out of there keeper!!! How is that creating nothing. U only need to create 2/3 good chances to win a match. U don't need 10

That’s not a good return for 45 mins against a poor Newcastle team at one, a hit the post and a save that was actually a deflected cross

Let’s hope for a better 2nd half

That’s not a good return for 45 mins against a poor Newcastle team at one, a hit the post and a save.

Let’s hope for a better 2nd half

Do u watch other teams play against low blocks. This is how they all go.

Do u watch other teams play against low blocks. This is how they all go.

We’ll leave it there. You’ve a completely different understanding of football than me

Get in Auba

See that. Fast breaks work.

Yeeeahhh

Boom...... Knew it was coming. That's more like it Auba.

• Advertisement

Get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mossie

Get in Auba

Well picked out by Partey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

Sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Lovely

Great play from Partey there.
    He’s a baller.

Nice goal

Personally, I think we've played fairly well. Much much better than a lot of our performances, anyway.

Aw thank **** for that

Great goal Auba

Well done Auba. Superb pass from Partey. 1-0

First 5 minutes exactly like WB game, it’s a clear change in direction we came out that game and this with side to side stopped and players turning with and moving the ball forward first touch

Much more effective

Look at Xhaka there he played a ball backwards and immediately apologized

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Wow, would you look at that, a quick accurate pass to a fast winger on the break results in a goal....who would have thought it possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement