Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great win.
    Direct football suits our youngsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

only 10 points off the top ;-)

excellent 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

You guys still want arteta gone?

You see i did tell u all to have faith in him.

All but me and one other poster were backing arteta through the dark times we had just over a month ago.

Long may it continue and you will forget you ever wanted arteta sacked.

Believe in him and back him.

Dont wanna become the next club that rotates managers every 18months.

only 10 points off the top ;-)

excellent 2nd half.

I think at this point last season, we were already about 30 off the top.

All but me and one other poster were backing arteta through the dark times we had just over a month ago.

I've never blocked anyone on boards, but my God, you're testing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Delighted for Auba. He looked so upset with all his misses in the last few games. To get a brace will really put a pep in his step. This could be a huge moment in his season.

Cedric. Well, I am surprised. He was really good, but under very little pressure all game.

Partey's passing was superb and his range is really good too.

Holding, really impressive.

Overall, happy. The doomsayers here after the first 45 were gas. Seriously boys, stop!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The whole notion of giving managers time is something I have always strongly believed in, I must admit I was second guessing myself when Roy Keane started saying the same thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Literally nobody:

Jonney: SaCk ArTetA nOw?!

In regarding ozil creating 32 chances last season, Smith row has created 10 already....

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I've never blocked anyone on boards, but my God, you're testing me.

i will return the favour and block you too

Literally nobody:

Jonney: SaCk ArTetA nOw?!

Pretty sure one or two did question arteta when we drew against palace.

I tried to escape the fickle AFTV crowd that chop and change there minds about the manager/club

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Pretty sure one or two did question arteta when we drew against palace.

I tried to escape the fickle AFTV crowd that chop and change there minds about the manager/club

You posted to sack him we all saw it Jonny I can quote it again if you like lol

Soups123 wrote: »

Who arteta? LOL no i diddnt, at one point i was 50/50 split but still carrie don believing unlike majority of people here.

Wenger i definetly wanted gone yonks ago after about 3-4 years of same old mistakes and going nowhere but top 4.

Its funny because the same people who gave wenger 10 years of medicore, wouldnt even give arteta 10 mins.

Dont worry, next game we lose or draw we will see the same people here grumbing again

Who arteta? LOL no i diddnt, at one point i was 50/50 split but still carrie don believing unlike majority of people here.

Wenger i definetly wanted gone yonks ago after about 3-4 years of same old mistakes and going nowhere but top 4.

Its funny because the same people who gave wenger 10 years of medicore, wouldnt even give arteta 10 mins.

Dont worry, next game we lose or draw we will see the same people here grumbing again

Once again, you're ruining a good win with all this negative rubbish.

Everyone here wants arsenal to win, and as an extension of that, they'd like Arteta to succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i will return the favour and block you too

Looks like we got ourselves a good old fashioned block race!

• Advertisement

Once again, you're ruining a good win with all this negative rubbish.

Everyone here wants arsenal to win, and as an extension of that, they'd like Arteta to succeed.

Good good lets leave it as that.

dont want no negetive bashing here when we drop points.

back arsenal through the good and bad times lads and please stop moaning about willian with the likes of "grr turning off the game now his come on" i mean really?

SUPPORT THE DAMM TEAM FFS!!

It dont matter who put the arsenal shirt on and plays. SUPPORT THEM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Was this account hacked by a 12 year old?

We’re all Arsenal fans, that’s why we’re here.
    Anyway, Arteta has turned it around and fair play but let’s not pretend it’s only because he finally hit bottom and was forced into giving the young lads a shot and they’ve delivered big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Badly needed win, especially after the palace game.....Smith-Rowe is such a good player....I think its Arshavin with his head shaved???!!!???

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Badly needed win, especially after the palace game.....Smith-Rowe is such a good player....I think its Arshavin with his head shaved???!!!???

Yea brilliant he is, Faster and more on the ball then ozil.

Ozil wont be missed and besyt of luck to him in Turkey

omega man wrote: »
    Was this account hacked by a 12 year old?

We’re all Arsenal fans, that’s why we’re here.
    Anyway, Arteta has turned it around and fair play but let’s not pretend it’s only because he finally hit bottom and was forced into giving the young lads a shot and they’ve delivered big time.

If your a arsenal fan you will back and support the club,players and manager through the good and bad.

Are u one of those "fans" that also turn off the TV once you see willian in the teamsheet?

Do you consider that being a "fan"

Reminds me of the so called "Fans" booing Eboe and of recent, Xhaka.

Great "Fans" we have

• Advertisement

Okay time for arteta to go but so should the whole team by the way

This one Jonny, he lost you as a fan here lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Woah, took the dogs for a walk (after the game).

Did not expect the thread to be like this when I got back.

That was delightful. Can't wait for the next game. And frankly, I can't wait to have a crack at this United crowd in our gaf.

Do we play Southampton twice in a row now (assuming they beat Shrewsbury)? That's interesting.

Lol. Na I'm half half really

At least quote the whole thing. i never said he should go. i said i am 50 50.

Nope i diddnt. read the quote above. Nip picking yea?

Try again

Read the whole convo instead of nip picking a single post..... Many where asking if i was for real and i replied to that quote which you clearly ommited and ignored to boost your own agenda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If your a arsenal fan you will back and support the club,players and manager through the good and bad.

Are u one of those "fans" that also turn off the TV once you see willian in the teamsheet?

Do you consider that being a "fan"

Reminds me of the so called "Fans" booing Eboe and of recent, Xhaka.

Great "Fans" we have

And yet, for a long time, you were one of the most negative posters on here. Maybe you could have practiced what you preached back then?

greendom wrote: »
    And yet, for a long time, you were one of the most negative posters on here. Maybe you could have practiced what you preached back then?

negetive against wenger!!

And for good reason as eventually everyone here saw why i wanted him gone long long ago.

Red what i said earlier this evening.

ie. some here gave wenger 10 years of stalemate vs ony give arteta a few months and already asking for his head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hindsight is wonderful, and it's great to see us winning games.

Make no mistake though, considering the performances at the time we would've been 100% justified in sacking him prior to the Chelsea game.

Nope i diddnt. read the quote above. Nip picking yea?

Try again

Read the whole convo instead of nip picking a single post..... Many where asking if i was for real and i replied to that quote which you clearly ommited and ignored to boost your own agenda

You said sack him, that’s fairly clear. You decided enough was enough, then later said you were 50/50.

Look we all had doubts but we all wanted him to succeed. There also nothing to celebrate yet it’s a long way to getting us where we need to be

Everyone liked him as a player, everyone wants him to be the new beginning and in comparison to Unai annoyance was there but not off the chart

We all want the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

negetive against wenger!!

And for good reason as eventually everyone here saw why i wanted him gone long long ago.

Red what i said earlier this evening.

ie. some here gave wenger 10 years of stalemate vs ony give arteta a few months and already asking for his head

In all of Wenger's time at the club, Arsenal never played such consistently turgid football as Arteta's 11 was producing week after week. I'm absolutely delighted he's turned it around but I don't feel guilty in thinking the club was very close to needing change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

The last page or so here is a fcking mess, we won 3-0 ffs! What's with the bickering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The last page or so here is a fcking mess, we won 3-0 ffs! What's with the bickering!

We have forgotten how to handle good results, hopefully we will get used to it!

You said sack him, that’s fairly clear. You decided enough was enough, then later said you were 50/50.

Look we all had doubts but we all wanted him to succeed. There also nothing to celebrate yet it’s a long way to getting us where we need to be

Everyone liked him as a player, everyone wants him to be the new beginning and in comparison to Unai annoyance was there but not off the chart

We all want the same thing

No it's not.i wasn't serious when I said that as proven by the chain of post leading up to me saying I'm 50 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

No it's not.i wasn't serious when I said that as proven by the chain of post leading up to me saying I'm 50 50

Look, the facts are that Arteta was very very lucky to still be in the role prior to that Chelsea game. If he had lost that game, he could well be gone. The results and performances up to then were complely unacceptable and I think the fact that he was not willing to change anything plus our horrendous approach game by game would have justified serious questions of him. We have improved since changes were forced upon him but let's be honest here, they were forced upon him. It looks like he has learned from the experience though so let's hope this continues. He still has some convincing to do though. I hope he can do it but let's see how the rest of the season goes. I think people were completely justified to question Arteta as the teams he picked, results and in game tactics and performances were shockingly bad until the Chelsea game. Jury still out for me but hoping he can do it. I'm not a believer in blind faith. Results will dictate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Wow and Jonny and wow at everyone replying to him/her.

Nice to wake up with positivity on Twitter and in the news about Arsenal at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Really happy with 5 clean sheets in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Wasn't on last night and saw so many posts, thought maybe we'd signed someone, hah! Not getting into the who was pro/anti Arteta nonsense.

Delighted with the win last night. Looked like it might be one of those games in the first half, was thinking we have to put away one of these chances and Auba was so bereft of confidence it was sad. Second half just went for it, it clicked and we could of won it by more than 3, great performance in the second half by all involved. More of the second half performance please going forward lads! Much needed 3 points hopefully we can keep picking up 3 points for the next few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Wow and Jonny and wow at everyone replying to him/her.

Nice to wake up with positivity on Twitter and in the news about Arsenal at least.

Down with everything :D

Load of positives from last night

No injuries
    Auba with two good goals
    Saka & ESR - SKY comments on ESR should have his confidence sky high
    Partey performance
    One touch football
    Cedric had a good game

Just need to keep it rolling, if Auba picks up again like he did last season on the run in, we should pick up quite a few points.

After every game we post differently.

1. If a game is won we post on who played well, what could have been better or how some difficulty was fixed during the game etc.

2. When a game is lost we post on who played badly, who would have been a better selection and how we might have turned it around.

It’s human nature and it’s people’s opinions.
    Exactly what we are here for and how this kind of discussion always goes.
    If a team is playing poorly and getting bad results we discuss whether the manager is up to it or not.
    I’m still not sure as yet on Arteta. I don’t know if the young lads were forced on him or not and whether he will start picking players who I don’t have faith in again.
    Like I said- human nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Really happy with 5 clean sheets in a row

Wow...you're right ya know, been a fair while since that happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Down with everything :D

Load of positives from last night

No injuries
    Auba with two good goals
    Saka & ESR - SKY comments on ESR should have his confidence sky high
    Partey performance
    One touch football
    Cedric had a good game

Just need to keep it rolling, if Auba picks up again like he did last season on the run in, we should pick up quite a few points.

100%

also was delighted that we didn't 'need' Tierney's creativity as much (he had a very good game mind you) - one goal on the break, another on the left, and another from the right. nice variety.

thought Holding looked good after an iffy start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We're 1 point ahead of Villa, but they have 4 games in hand.

Very strange looking table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Only 7 points off a Champions League spot :)

I think the month of February will tell us exactly where we are.
    We have a very difficult fixture list.
    Away to Wolves, Villa and Leicester.
    Home to Leeds and City.
    Home and Away to Benfica in the middle of all that with very little rest periods.
    We play away to Benfica on Feb 18th at 8pm and home to City at 3pm on 20th.
    Very little time between games to recover.

Home to Leeds and City.
    Home and Away to Benfica in the middle of all that with very little rest periods.

At the start of the season, I was thinking the fixture list could work in our favour. We were away to 4 of the other 5 'big 6' clubs in the first half of the season, meaning we would have them all at home with crowds in the second half of the season.

How wrong was I, will be shocked if we get any crowds this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

At the start of the season, I was thinking the fixture list could work in our favour. We were away to 4 of the other 5 'big 6' clubs in the first half of the season, meaning we would have them all at home with crowds in the second half of the season.

How wrong was I, will be shocked if we get any crowds this season.

Yep I'd say so. Sure the FA moved the League Cup Final to April 25th at Wembley. That's realistically the biggest game of the season attendance wise, with the FA Cup Final too. Wembley holds 90,000 so with social distancing in place it'll be interesting to see how many fans will be there. They should keep that way in the future imo, rather than having it in February.

• Advertisement

Just saw that Villa have four games in hand on us. Let's hope the lose most, if not all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

DenMan wrote: »
    Just saw that Villa have four games in hand on us. Let's hope the lose most, if not all of them.

The first one is against City anyway. I wouldn't focus too much on any one team above us, plenty of them are catchable if we can maintain our good form in the tougher tests that are upcoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

DenMan wrote: »

Just looked at Villas fixtures:

City A
    Arsenal H
    Leicester H
    Leeds A
    Liverpool A
    City H
    Everton A
    Utd H
    Spurs A
    Chelsea H

Some tricky games in there for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Home to Leeds and City.

You do realise that all games are originally set up as 3pm Saturday and then moved to accommodate TV and European participation, right? We NEVER play the Saturday after a Europa League game.

The Man City and Leicester games will be played on a Sunday. Leicester themselves have Slavia Prague in the EL.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement