Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

[QUOTE=Jmac24128;115530317]Partey is in the squad today, thank ****[/QUOTE]

He starts! COYG

Arsenal XI: Leno, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Bellerin, Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Willian, Lacazatte, Aubameyang

Subs: Runarsson, Ceballos, Maitland-Niles, Mustafi, Elneny, Willock, Nketiah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Time for the players to do their talking on the pitch. No excuse now for not giving it all! Come on lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

DenMan wrote: »
    He starts! COYG

Arsenal XI: Leno, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Bellerin, Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Willian, Lacazatte, Aubameyang

Subs: Runarsson, Ceballos, Maitland-Niles, Mustafi, Elneny, Willock, Nketiah

Bench is poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Stage set for Partey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Is Pepe injured? Not even on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We’re still missing a good CB to partner Gabriel.
    Bellerin has been poor at defending too.
    Not too keen on Willian either, lots of huff and puff with no end product as yet. Maybe today it will happen for him. Saka is not a starter for me and I know lads disagree but it my opinion, prepared to be wrong.

Anyway I’m hoping for the best today but I’m not expecting a lot as our form has been poor. I heard there was a clear the air meeting of the panel last Tuesday so we’ll see if there’s an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is Pepe injured? Not even on the bench

Suspended after the Leeds sending off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

I'm a lot more optimimistic after seeing Partey in the lineup so looking forward to a good game! We really need a win to get some form of confidence back too. Have a feeling that Auba is going to find his scoring boots again today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Enjoy the game, new rule for me is to put the phone away when games are on and for an hour after.

I’m usually quite calm and have a strong understanding of the game but I type some ****e when I’m annoyed mid game.

Come on you gunners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Nerves are at me. COYG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

****ing easy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Son is too good for Spurs

And us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭Azatadine

13 points after 11 games if we can't turn this around. Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Willian is so slow on the ball. He takes the pace out of absolutely everything we do. Has no call being anywhere near a first team in this league.

These are gonna be impossible to break down. Every player back in their half when we have the ball.

Rob "backing off" Holding is really starting to annoy me.

They pass it around at the back, under no pressure at all from us, until eventually there's a man wide open in the middle. Pass it to him, he drives up the middle, gives it to Kane and he gets off a shot in the box.

We're making it way too easy for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Have a poxy shot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Mourinho has really got this team playing in his image, defensive solidity, no mistakes and break quickly and ruthlessly.

I hate how old our forward line is, no energy, no pressure or off the ball runs.

Bellerin regularly does that probably the only player I know that can’t do a throw in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That's at least 3 foul throws this season by Bellerin, inexcusable to even have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Bellerin with yet another foul throw. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

We are playing like a bunch of amateurs

The commentators' fawning over Spurs and Jose is absolutely nauseating.

When they inevitably crumble later in the season you can guarantee the knives will be out from the very same people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What exactly does Bellerin bring to this team apart from stupid earrings and haircuts.

What exactly does Bellerin bring to this team apart from stupid earrings and haircuts.

Foul throws

Bellerin falling on his arse for the goal is a nice distillation of his career. Was it after the Covid break or the start of this season he had a couple of assists and some hoped he was finally going to push on after half a decade of mediocrity.

I cannot see Arteta lasting much longer if this persists. Our form, work rate and hunger are non-existant. Lennon should be gone from Celtic very soon and Arteta might be following closely behind him.

No idea who coaches our set pieces, but they're crap at their job.

• Advertisement

I dont see how Arteta can last much longer. No signs whatsoever that anything is changing game by game. No change at all.

DenMan wrote: »
    I cannot see Arteta lasting much longer if this persists. Our form, work rate and hunger are non-existant. Lennon should be gone from Celtic very soon and Arteta might be following closely behind him.

The only apt reaction from him to the Spurs goal would have been berating 3 or 4 of our defenders individually in front of everyone. Being nice and encouraging hasn't helped, when someone can go from the halfway line to getting a shot off without having to change direction due to no pressure from the opposition I'm completely in favour of making a show of the losers. Maybe leave a few of them on the bench and don't let them into the dressing room at half time. Pathetic bunch of wasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

What can i say....fair play Spurs. Excellent execution.

Every game and we can’t kick a corner past the first man.
    We are terrible.

Ha ha Kane and Son walking through our rubbish defence.
    **** off with this rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Partey off the pitch for the 2nd goal and injured, game over lads, we can't get a shot on goal never mind score 2

Punished with our tippy-tappiness! 2-0

• Advertisement

Dead man walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Someone mentioned Aouar coming to us in January. We would he possibly want to join this sh1tshow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nothing will change until our owners change.

Feck it all anyway.

Partey off injured and all this is some vintage arsenal stuff here. Rob Holding and Bellerin need replacing big time.

Yes, that's right. Spurs had 4 v 2 in the leadup to that goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dead man walking.

I was one of a good few here advocating for Arteta to get the job but its not working out. This cant keep going on.

First half.

Looks like the team never believed they had a chance here, conceded the game from the off.

Bellerin 1 foul throw and 2 thrown direct to Spurs.

Holding just shocking. His continued selection is probably my biggest concern about Arteta. Any decent coach has him out of the squad. Mustafi is better.

Partey really shows how poor Xhaka is.

I said it last couple of games, everyone is shifting responsibility in front of goal none of them want to be the guy who takes the shot. Even Auba

Just feels like non of them are buying into Arteta at the minute and that’s a real worry, we’ve too many wasters in this team, Arteta is not the problem

North London Derby and Arsenal have no interest in it

Sorry, I really do wish it worked out and I hoped it would. However, it isn't and it won't. End of the line for Arteta and its not knee jerk either.

As a team, we are getting worse, in terms of being enjoyable to watch, we are unwatchable. To make it worse, it gets even worse week by week.

Not sure I trust in the ‘process’ anymore. F*cking sh1te, they don’t look interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

So much to dissect in that 2nd goal. We attack up the right, Tierney and Xhaka go marching up the left while Partey is on the sideline and leave the 4 spurs players in behind them with 2 defenders.

Criminal

Partey off injured and all this is some vintage arsenal stuff here. Rob Holding and Bellerin need replacing big time.

I genuinely believe Holding is stealing a living. We have much better in Chambers, Mustafi, even the Greek.

His selection makes we question Arteta more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

first time i have ever switched off an arsenal game midway.

F1 is far better. i am watching that instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Not sure I trust in the ‘process’ anymore. F*cking sh1te, they don’t look interested.

Thats why part of the process is getting rid of the **** that done look interested , I honestly never held much hope of getting anything from the game, we've barely registered a shot in previous weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

In the past I’d be hopeful of coming back from this score v Spurs but not today.

We hired a manager with no experience whatsoever based on behind the scenes hype.
    Can we afford to give him time to get up to speed with managing a big club in the prem? I don’t think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

First goal was a worldie
    Second goal was a disgrace.

Can't coach that out of those red raw useless players.
    They are a ****ing laughing stock.
    4 on 2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement