Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And Martinelli, one of my favourite players, is on the bench instead of this lad.

Keeping him for Saturday I’d say.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pepe played on the left in Europa during his red card ban from the Premier League, and performed very well there.

I like it! Always feel that Auba's lack of actual technical ability is a problem on the left, seems to ruin a lot of attacks (he's brilliant at other things, granted!).

Never a free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The next person who says we should've kept Martinez should be forced to look at this game. Leno has been outstanding, and should we hold out for 3 points he will vital to that as much (if not more) than another other player on the pitch tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Willian is my least favourite Arsenal player of all time.

Not the worst, my least favourite.

Probably.

Maybe for during his initial games. But he would have to do a lot worse to surpass the likes of adebayor and Gallas for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

x PyRo wrote: »
    I like it! Always feel that Auba's lack of actual technical ability is a problem on the left, seems to ruin a lot of attacks (he's brilliant at other things, granted!).

He’s too predictable and not even a winger, hasn’t worked out for him on the wing in ages. One of my favourite players at the club all the same.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    :confused: what??
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Have you been drinking ?
    My bad, getting my tenses wrong. :pac: He was in **** form. Been a long, ****ty day.

I dunno why Lacazette is still on at 3-1. If we're comfortable enough to put Willian on we can put on a ball with a jersey to still have 11 on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Saved by Leno! Nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I bet Willian couldn't even manage to do the lie down behind the wall job properly.

• Advertisement

My bad, getting my tenses wrong. :pac: He was in **** form. Been a long, ****ty day.

I dunno why Lacazette is still on at 3-0. If we're comfortable enough to put Willian on we can put on a ball with a jersey to still have 11 on the pitch.

It's 3-1 :p

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's 3-1 :p

You were quick to hit the quote button there. :P

Big bernd to the rescue

Quiet game for Rob Holding in a good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Quazzie wrote: »
    The next person who says we should've kept Martinez should be forced to look at this game. Leno has been outstanding, and should we hold out for 3 points he will vital to that as much (if not more) than another other player on the pitch tonight.

He's been very good lately. I'll leave it at that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Holding has become quite dominant in the air which is good to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

AdamD wrote: »
    Holding has become quite dominant in the air which is good to see

Holding and Stones for PFA team of the year! This COVID is far more serious than we have been led to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That was a stamp on Elneny

Better from Pepe. Hopefully he can keep that up

We are far better when we play the high press.

Great away win.
    Well done team.
    No passengers tonight.

Up to 8th. Bizarrely 4 points off Liverpool* which is mad consider we've been so woeful for quiet a sustained period this season

*they've a game in hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Outstanding performance! Play like that on Saturday and we'll beat Utd too. Panicked a bit when Partey went off, he's vital to us. Up to 8th now! COYG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

What a turn around from December. Beat Utd eve weekend which we are more than capable of doing and we are in great shape

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

We are far better when we play the high press.

Can we sustain it and play like that against the majority?

Pepe with a 70 mil performance. First time I can recall him starting on the left as well!

Great game and result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Thought Willian was okay when he came on.

16 points from our last 6 matches. I think City is the only team that has done better. Hope they can keep the momentum going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I think the main goal at the weekend is just not to lose. I'll be happy with a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I think the main goal at the weekend is just not to lose. I'll be happy with a draw

We're gonna win. Written in the stars. Partey masterclass in midfield. Pepe runs through 6 defenders and score. 1-0. To the Arsenal.

Screw that, we've already beaten them away. I want the double over them.

Holding keeps this up and he'll be in Southgate's plans for the Euro's in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

More points in the last 6 games than the 14 previous. Huge turnaround from Arteta - learned from his mistakes and we're reaping the rewards, finally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lots of extremely interesting matches over the next few weeks. Teams above us all plying each other. If we beat United, this could be very exciting.

Edit: And we should beat them. Lots of points for them recently, but almost all single goal wins..

A Leicester win now tomorrow against Everton would be great. Everton are two points ahead of us with three games in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

DenMan wrote: »
    A Leicester win now tomorrow against Everton would be great. Everton are two points ahead of us with three games in hand.

A highly destructive draw would be what I'd hope for.

Great to see the team motoring. I'm usually full of caveats, win or lose, but that was a solid and important result tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I think we should do well against United.

I have not seen them play but are the doing something that has gotten them such a good run too?

Are they dominating games? or sitting back and nicking a winner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

At this stage it must be pretty certain that Auba will be missing for Utd with no training so that will be a key choice.

Arteta- "I love how they support each other and protect each other. Auba is having a difficult time, we're all behind him and this win is for him.

I LOVE THIS CLUB !

Fingers crossed on ESR, but I'd say he's a doubt, muscle injury picked up in the cup game and needs rest. wasn't fit apparently going into the game last night and they knew he wouldnt last the whole game, just didn't figure on him breaking down before he was subbed.

Partey was cramp and should be available

Tierney should be fit, recurring muscle injury but Cedric covered really well last night

I think our biggest danger is Luiz and Utd will target him as the weak point, not just in defence but also for penalties.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

anyone know the thinking behind Luiz starting over Gabriel? he wasn't injured since he was on the bench

darego wrote: »
    anyone know the thinking behind Luiz starting over Gabriel? he wasn't injured since he was on the bench

No clue. Was Gabriel a positive case? Maybe he’s struggled to get back to 100% since. Mari did very well in his absence, I’d be more comfortable seeing him slot back in than Luiz in such a big game

darego wrote: »

I wonder are they saving him for Utd

• Advertisement

I wonder are they saving him for Utd

He won the post match sprint apparently so sounds like he's in decent fitness!

greendom wrote: »
    He won the post match sprint apparently so sounds like he's in decent fitness!

Apparently his confidence was low after the OG, so that may have affected the decision to bench him

Arteta also stressed the need for rotation after the game. It’s easy to forget that this is not a regular season. Not only has he had injuries to contend with but also close contacts and confirmed Covid cases too. They had no proper preseason and they’ve had to play a bit more often this season as well. Like it or not the entire squad will be called upon for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Yeah Gabriel had covid and looked way off the pace in the cup game. Bringing him back slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Didn't get to watch the full match last night got match of the day this morning.

Looked a very tidy and strong performance away from home against a good side. Every player looked up for it, Cedric was man of the match by a mile, everything good came through him. Partey seems to be bringing better out of Xkaha. Delighted with Arteta and the club, all looking very promising.

League position looking a lot healthier too.

• Advertisement

squad number 11 then

Seems so!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

God I know he's only 22 but he looks young !

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1354392486291140609?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

He looks young in the face but he's actually filled out very well since his early years. Physique wise he def has the look of a Prem player more than a La Liga one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement