Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Did we get a buy clause in at all?

Also what is up with Auba is it something personal to him or an issue with one of his family? Doesn’t sound great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Soups123 wrote: »

Also what is up with Auba is it something personal to him or an issue with one of his family? Doesn't sound great

I've heard a couple of rumours. From the death of a close relative to marital issues. It could explain his dip in form this season too. Hopefully he'll be back soon but there's definitely more important things than football no matter what Shankley said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just watched Match of the Day earlier and I cannot stand Mark 'Chappers' Chapman. There's something very unlikable about him. Delighted when he left the NFL show in November, be great if he leaves MOTD too, or they get rid of him. Delighted with yesterday's performance and the win. Partey should be fine for Saturday. Going to watch the Man Utd/Sheffield Utd tonight to see how they perform. If we can neutralise Bruno we'll be doing very well. Welcome Odegaard. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Also what is up with Auba is it something personal to him or an issue with one of his family? Doesn’t sound great

No buy in clause, but not ruled out

Rather not discuss Auba to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Family issue apparently.

No buy in clause, but not ruled out

Rather not discuss Auba to be honest

Not looking for anyone to share his personal life on boards. I’m sure if I really wanted it google would give the answer.

I was more asking had he an illness himself or was it something else he has to support. Let’s not be over sensitive here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Only just noticed were 4 points behind liverpool... Jesus that's a decent run of form we've put together.

Not looking for anyone to share his personal life on boards. I’m sure if I really wanted it google would give the answer.

I was more asking had he an illness himself or was it something else he has to support. Let’s not be over sensitive here

I'm not but there are rumours of all sorts spreading over social media which isn't helpful to anyone, I'm sure he has friends that are seeing them & the club has specifically asked people to give him space, thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Is Odegraad fit?

I wonder should we prioritise winning the Europa League. It's a route into the Champions League and Odegaard will be available to play in it. Only five points off fourth place all the same. Going in the right direction.

• Advertisement

I'm not but there are rumours of all sorts spreading over social media which isn't helpful to anyone, I'm sure he has friends that are seeing them & the club has specifically asked people to give him space, thats all.

Thanks that’s a bit more helpful. I don’t do social media other than here so hadn’t heard anything assumed he was injured, then I heard the quote about giving him space I thought it might be a death or something

DenMan wrote: »
    I wonder should we prioritise winning the Europa League. It's a route into the Champions League and Odegaard will be available to play in it. Only five points off fourth place all the same. Going in the right direction.

The season that’s in it we could easily stumble into top 4. Big games coming up but Arteta has done well in them

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Is Odegraad fit?

I believe so, I heard he had a niggle on the knee but looks like he's fine.

Overall loads of rumours of him being injury prone, but stats say otherwise:

Martin Ødegaard: League Only

2019/20 (89% availability) - 2533 minutes (31 appearances / 29 starts)

2018/19 (92% availability) - 2973 minutes (only two players featured more for Vitesse)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just watched Match of the Day earlier and I cannot stand Mark 'Chappers' Chapman. There's something very unlikable about him. Delighted when he left the NFL show in November, be great if he leaves MOTD too, or they get rid of him. Delighted with yesterday's performance and the win. Partey should be fine for Saturday. Going to watch the Man Utd/Sheffield Utd tonight to see how they perform. If we can neutralise Bruno we'll be doing very well. Welcome Odegaard. COYG

Whaaaaat?

Chappers is great! I was very un-delighted when he left the NFL show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Is Odegraad fit?

Haven't found any broken backs yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Whoah whoah whoah, I hate chat like this. Top 4 is probably out of their reach given their run-in but sometimes when teams appear to take the foot off in one competition results start to go awry elsewhere too. My gut is that Europa & top 4 will be just out of reach this season but I'm ok with that if the performances match what we've seen in the last couple of weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

L'prof wrote: »
    Whoah whoah whoah, I hate chat like this. Top 4 is probably out of their reach given their run-in but sometimes when teams appear to take the foot off in one competition results start to go awry elsewhere too. My gut is that Europa & top 4 will be just out of reach this season but I'm ok with that if the performances match what we've seen in the last couple of weeks

I'm the same. I fully don't expect us to win the Europa this year, but I'd hate to see us go out without a fight.

In terms of the league, anything is up for grabs, but I think consistency and maintain confidence will be key. It's easy to say we might make top 4 after beating Southampton, and Newcastle, but let's not forget we drew with Palace so we've a lot left to prove. It's a long process, so let's be realistic about where we are in that process.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Most teams above us have games in hand. We will drop plenty more points before the season is out, I think 4th isn't really a possibility at this stage. Will be very interesting to see what happens over the next few games anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I would be extremely happy just ending up in a Europa League spot

I want to win that Europa League so badly, gets u back up amoung the elite and is so much easier to sign players when in the champions League.

Plus we haven't won a European competition in so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Given the teams in the competition, with a bit of luck in the draws, seems more doable than a top 4 finish (which tome is in the realms of Leicester winning the EPL :rolleyes:)

UEFA-Europa-League-Round-of-32-draw.jpg?fit=1080%2C1080&ssl=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Most teams above us have games in hand. We will drop plenty more points before the season is out, I think 4th isn't really a possibility at this stage. Will be very interesting to see what happens over the next few games anyway.

With the short time available those games in hand are going to be tough for some clubs to take full advantage of. Congestion will become an issue. Everton and Villa don't have much strength in depth and can't rotate much. Spurs can but they have Europa league and FA Cup to compete in too. I think if we keep plugging away top 4 won't seem that far away in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Of all the teams left, any one of the following are plenty good enough to knock us out. Spurs, United, AC Milan, Roma, Bayern Leverkusen, Leicester, RB Salzburg, Ajax, PSV, Villareal.

While you might look at them and say we should have the beatings of any of them, the reality is, in a one off game, any team on that list is capable of beating us, or more importantly we could lose to any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The only teams I'd worry about in the Europa league is the other english teams we never do well against teams from our league

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Quazzie wrote: »
    Of all the teams left, any one of the following are plenty good enough to knock us out. Spurs, United, AC Milan, Roma, Bayern Leverkusen, Leicester, RB Salzburg, Ajax, PSV, Villareal.

While you might look at them and say we should have the beatings of any of them, the reality is, in a one off game, any team on that list is capable of beating us, or more importantly we could lose to any of them.

Important to note we could just as easily beat any of them, and the bookies would have us favourites for a fair few of them.

Such are the joys of cup competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great. Nothing mysterious about it at all,
    Hope his mother recovers soon.

Great. Nothing mysterious about it at all,
    Hope his mother recovers soon.

Yeah all very odd, good to see the club working with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Yeah all very odd, good to see the club working with him

I wouldn't say its odd.

If auba releases a statement saying his mother is sick then all his siblings and his mother have to listen to days of speculation about her health.

If he stays quiet then all the speculation is about him. That's easier for them as they know the speculation isn't true.

• Advertisement

Villa losing would be a very tidy result for us.

I wouldn't say its odd.

If auba releases a statement saying his mother is sick then all his siblings and his mother have to listen to days of speculation about her health.

If he stays quiet then all the speculation is about him. That's easier for them as they know the speculation isn't true.

Exactly, we've never gone public on player personal matters, that's what makes us the club we are... Respect

Arsenal posting video of Odegaard training and looks fairly sharp

https://player.arsenal.com/video/first-look-martin-odegaard-inside-training

Ødegaard "This was a special moment. Before I moved to Real Madrid, I spoke to Arsene Wenger and he wanted me to move to Arsenal. I said, “Believe me, in the future, if I have the opportunity to change clubs, Arsenal will be the club for me.”

He trained with us at the age of 15

Sheffield Utd well on top at OT at half time. 0-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Excellent to see Villa loosing, hopefully Leicester can come back but a draw would do.

Hopefully Sheffield can keep it up and run them ragged!

All the jinxes incoming :D

djan wrote: »
    Excellent to see Villa loosing, hopefully Leicester can come back but a draw would do.

Hopefully Sheffield can keep it up and run them ragged!

All the jinxes incoming :D

Now you've gone and done it! :D

Maguire makes it 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Maguire makes it 1-1

SU gone and scored again!

Azatadine wrote: »

We'll have a field day against Utd on Saturday. Tuanzebe is a weak link.

• Advertisement

Jesus, dudes. Just keep it quiet for 20 odd minutes here!

Azatadine wrote: »

Don't forget utd have until the 140th minute to get a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

We'll have a field day against Utd on Saturday. Tuanzebe is a weak link.

Unfortunately I fear that he has been so badly exposed tonight that he wont start against us.

Results tonight as good as a win for us, now we have to make good on it

Great results for us all told tonight

Utd and Villa lose and Everton and Leicester draw with each other. Great results!

Is it not the case that this Man U always try real, real hard to get nil all against any of the big clubs, especially away from home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Probably not a great result for us tonight, in the sense that Utd will be looking for a reaction. A handy 3 - 0 win tonight for them and they would have hopefully sleepwalked into us the next day. Either way, the league has thrown up some mad results this year.

wonga77 wrote: »
    Probably not a great result for us tonight, in the sense that Utd will be looking for a reaction. A handy 3 - 0 win tonight for them and they would have hopefully sleepwalked into us the next day. Either way, the league has thrown up some mad results this year.

Great result for us, a nice kick there not great at bouncing back these days. Exactly the result we wanted

• Advertisement

Great result for us, a nice kick there not great at bouncing back these days. Exactly the result we wanted

Gosh, I hope that's true!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement