Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Also think the Lacca at 10 is desperation stuff, I think when you start making decisions like this players begin to lose faith, when players see desperation or weakness in the management your doomed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As I said before the game started we have players who are not fit for Arsenal.
    All those I named are useless. I could add more to the list but anyone watching this could do likewise.
    Arsenal is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Come on too lads. Blame the ****ing players besides going straight to firing the manager.

Can't keep changing manager and expect different results from these player. Who let every manager down

They are ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Whatever else, the lack of attack is bewildering, we are going through match after match barely registering a shot on target not to mind a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

omega man wrote: »
    In the past I’d be hopeful of coming back from this score v Spurs but not today.

We hired a manager with no experience whatsoever based on behind the scenes hype.
    Can we afford to give him time to get up to speed with managing a big club in the prem? I don’t think so.

And emery? very experienced manager and did just as bad if not worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Bunch of charlatans stealing a living playing for us now. Livid with that second goal. Bellerin, Holding, Willian, Xhaka, Aubameyang all look as if they can’t be bothered. Saka at least trying to make something happen and Laca is trying today but clearly isn’t up too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Also i have to say Partey has to just plonk himself in the centre circle for that 2nd goal.

If your injured and coming off and they break just drag down the nearest man and take a yellow.

The opposition don't know your injured yet either so your still an extra obstacle to get past. Less than a minute till half time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Come on too lads. Blame the ****ing players besides going straight to firing the manager.

Can't keep changing manager and expect different results from these player. Who let every manager down

They are ****.

Agreed, Arteta is not helping himself. Playing Holding putting Lacca at 10, starting Willian.

He has to find a group of 14/15 we can really work with. No manager is coming in to shift out deadwood, because that means spending more and our owners won’t want that.

Changing the manager means nothing really because who ever it is will have to work with these players.

Ozil was the token attack the player(and that suited as he hit our money market in China), reality is there 3/4 more from the starting group the Arteta should be ridding but he won’t because that devalues and our club is ran for profit not for trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Off out to walk the dog. I’ve seen enough :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Thats why part of the process is getting rid of the **** that done look interested , I honestly never held much hope of getting anything from the game, we've barely registered a shot in previous weeks.

The manager should have them up for every game, never mind a derby. We have some decent players who are playing well below par, that’s on the manager.

Leno out (should have kept Emi)
    Holding out
    Bellerin out
    Xhaka out
    Dani out
    Laca out
    Mustafi out
    Willock out
    Eddie out
    Luiz out
    Pepe out
    Ozil out
    Elneny out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I still reckon we'll win as many trophies as Spurs this season

I wonder if a Spurs fan came in here and kept thanking every single post where we're ripping into our own team would be viewed as trolling? Asking for a friend.

First goal was a worldie
    Second goal was a disgrace.

Can't coach that out of those red raw useless players.
    They are a ****ing laughing stock.
    4 on 2

Sorry but while the first was taken beautifully he should never have had a chance to get a shot off like he did.

The club needs a complete and under gutting. Nothing is working, nothing. Defenders can't defend, attackers can't attack, midfield is non-existent when other teams actually put any pressure on it.

We had a belated bump when Emery left but the players have shown themselves for what they are. Whatever number of managers, coaches, technicians there are is too many for the results they're producing. Transfers have been a ****ing joke. We can't get corners past the first man. We can't do simple defending. We have a bunch of clowns in defence. Let's be honest, Luiz is probably our best defender.

Bleh, sick of it. Blame the owners all ya like, we should be easily top 6 and close to top 4 with just basic competence.

Let's be honest, Luiz is probably our best defender.

Gabriel is head and shoulders above anyone else at the club right now.

• Advertisement

Ugh, just watched the second goal again, Spurs had 2 men over on the far post as well if they'd fancied that out ball instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Can’t see us scoring 1 goal never mind 2 or 3 to win points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ozil and Guendouzi are better than what's out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

Leno out (should have kept Emi)
    Holding out
    Bellerin out
    Xhaka out
    Dani out
    Laca out
    Mustafi out
    Willock out
    Eddie out
    Luiz out
    Pepe out
    Ozil out
    Elneny out

Couldn’t disagree but that’s quite a list.
    Shows the mismanagement over the last number of years.

Bellerin has been beyond awful, surely AMN deserves a game at right back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

AMN needs to start over Bellerin going forward. Bellerin is muck.

Far too easy for Spurs here.
    Shameful performance.
    No chance of any blood and guts from this lot.

Is that our first effort on target from Laca?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

We didnt cross the ball this much when we had Giroud. Whats going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

omega man wrote: »
    Couldn’t disagree but that’s quite a list.
    Shows the mismanagement over the last number of years.

Don't see what Leno has done wrong to warrant being on the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It seems to me that for weeks we've been trying to get our goals from crosses into the box, even though we never, ever score from crosses into the box.

Also, if I was in charge of Arsenal training, every single drill for the next month would be one touch.

Far too easy for Spurs here.
    Shameful performance.
    No chance of any blood and guts from this lot.

Is that our first effort on target from Laca?

Laca was up for the first header, got up made a run and got on the 2nd header to force the save, Auba? Standing still as usual

Don't see what Leno has done wrong to warrant being on the list

He's not Emi. That's his biggest crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Laca was up for the first header, got up made a run and got on the 2nd header to force the save, Auba? Standing still as usual

I dont know what' the story with him is? He's a complete passanger these days.

We can have all the possession in the world, Spurs couldn’t care less, we aren’t a threat. This is dire.

So we put arguably our most dangerous attacker (Saka) at right back to accommodate a glorified Championship player in Nketiah?

Baffling decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How is Willian still on the pitch?? Forgot he was even playing

AdamD wrote: »

I think u can forgot everyone on the field today

AdamD wrote: »

He's teaching the young lads what to do.

Is it ridiculous to see us dragged into the scrapping teams at the bottom? I dont see how any team coming up in the next few weeks wouldn't fancy taking us on and we sure as hell won't score a goal to save our lives so we could be stuck on 13 points or very little more for a while.

Basil3 wrote: »
    He's not Emi. That's his biggest crime.

How many years was Martinez at the club? Could only force his way in when Leno was injured. I agree he done well but people claiming he's streets ahead of Leno are kidding themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    He's teaching the young lads what to do.
    Can't he do that better from the sidelines? :D

It's so bad that I think we should just go buy cese back and play him as a 10. At least he can pick a pass

Something very wrong at the club. I know willian was past his best but he how did he go this far backwards in such a short space of time. He doesn't look the first cousin of a player anymore. Auba is practically invisible and hs been for ages

Auba 6 months ago buries that chance

• Advertisement

WILL ONE OF YOU TAKE A FÙCKING SHOT PLEASE

Jesus Christ, you can pick out a bunch of examples over the past 5 or 6 games where we miss easy headers. Far more examples than actual dangerous headers

wonga77 wrote: »
    Something very wrong at the club. I know willian was past his best but he how did he go this far backwards in such a short space of time. He doesn't look the first cousin of a player anymore. Auba is practically invisible and hs been for ages

Am I crazy or did Willian once upon a time score quite a few from outside the box?

WILL ONE OF YOU TAKE A FÙCKING SHOT PLEASE

Jesus Christ, you can pick out a bunch of examples over the past 5 or 6 games where we miss easy headers. Far more examples than actual dangerous headers

Has Arteta made them afraid or something? Big fecking babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

We dominated this 2nd half but no goals. 72% possession and 2 shots on target afff

is_that_so wrote: »
    Can't he do that better from the sidelines? :D

I'm still wondering how he can do it better than the ex players we have who were much better than him.

I never recall "he'll teach the young lads" as the main justification for a signing ever before. Doesn't add up.

Am I crazy or did Willian once upon a time score quite a few from outside the box?

He used to get quite a few like Sons goal. He doesn't even want the ball nowadays

• Advertisement

El Sueño wrote: »
    So we put arguably our most dangerous attacker (Saka) at right back to accommodate a glorified Championship player in Nketiah?

Baffling decision

Much of a muchness imo.
    Neither good enough.

5star02707 wrote: »
    We dominated this 2nd half but no goals. 72% possession and 2 shots on target afff

They're 2-0 up so we were always gonna have more possession.

Much of a muchness imo.
    Neither good enough.

I think Saka is more than good enough in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'm still wondering how he can do it better than the ex players we have who were much better than him.

I never recall "he'll teach the young lads" as the main justification for a signing ever before. Doesn't add up.
    TBH it really looks like a mess from the outside. Arteta may have a plan but are these the players for it? There seem to be so few leaders and people prepared to step up.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

This can apply to many out there but I would be so happy if I never had to watch Willian attempt to play football again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement