Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Quazzie wrote: »
    His arm was in an unnatural postlition outside of his silhouette. I'm not saying it was a penalty but it's odd that VAR never even considered looking at it

If having your arm by your side is an unnatural position, there’d be 5 pens per game. I’m sure they did look at it, realised it was never in a million years a penalty, and just let the ref get on with the game. What is surprising is that they didn’t take a closer look at the Lacazette/Martinez tangle.

Not even to particularly criticise you but the fact that a "genuine push" for CL after 2 and a half seasons is all that's expected really shows where the club is at right now.

You've quoted me, but I definitely didn't say whatever you have quoted. Sort your **** out, Button :p

Basil3 wrote: »
    You've quoted me, but I definitely didn't say whatever you have quoted. Sort your **** out, Button :p

Nah I did. The fact that that's how low we're already setting expectations for next season is depressing.

Top half til Monday at least, thanks Newcastle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ah lads just seen the result, sewer burst but looks as though I'm not the only one in the sh*t (albeit they probably smell sweeter) .... What happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I really am annoyed with the refs and var. U want to give them the benefit of the doubt but today another cluster **** of us.

Villa should have got a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity on Saka.

Plus should have had a penalty for Laca been dragged to the ground by emi.

Two obvious decisions var has no excuse missing.

Apart from that our passing was too slow and predictable today. Defending errors will always cost u and zero luck with the deflection.

Not a good enough performance by us but got ****ed by the ref again too

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    I really am annoyed with the refs and var. U want to give them the benefit of the doubt but today another cluster **** of us.

Villa should have got a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity on Saka.

Plus should have had a penalty for Laca been dragged to the ground by emi.

Apart from that our passing was too slow and predictable today. Defending errors will always cost u and zero luck with the deflection.

Jaysus, that's just ridiculous

https://twitter.com/Lacazest/status/1358061387096981504?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Villa should have got a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity on Saka. The rules state it should be a clear goalscoring opportunity, this was not, he was on the wing just passed half way

Plus should have had a penalty for Laca been dragged to the ground by emi. Again, rule states VAR can only over rule if the referee made a clear and obvious mistake, it could be argued that Lacca was leaning into him. This is the most annoying for me today too, so I see where you're coming from, just playing Devil's advocate

I think our full backs were the biggest problem today, they initiate a lot of our moves and the passing, especially Cedric's was awful. Plus his error for the goal.

Think I said it during the match, but I feel Leno would have saved the deflection too.

We really need Tierney back ASAP and find out why Partey's leg have turned into mush. 3 soft tissue injuries in a couple of months is a big worry. Is he being asked to cover more ground than he was in Spain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's not fickle when it's a serious discussion that happens at another time instead of as a kneejerk reaction to every single loss. The same people jump on every negative and blame Arteta for it.

Luiz got sent off for near nothing during the week. Arteta out. Today we were denied a clear penalty and a possible red card. Arteta out.

I'm all for a sensible debate but when it's from the usual kneejerkers then yes it's fickle.

Don't remember seeing anyone saying Arteta out after the wolves game?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m sure someone did somewhere online but not here from memory

I missed today’s game, we’re we ****e or unlucky ?

Pretty poor tbh. Well, I suppose it was a fairly even match but it's Villa at the end of the day. Aubameyang was completely anonymous when he came on which was concerning. We looked pretty clueless within 35 yards of their goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

We rely way too much on Tierney. Missing him badly at the moment.

Pretty poor tbh. Well, I suppose it was a fairly even match but it's Villa at the end of the day. Aubameyang was completely anonymous when he came on which was concerning. We looked pretty clueless within 35 yards of their goal.

In fairness, when he came on, Villa were in full rearguard set up. Bedded in! They defended brilliantly today to give them their due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

https://twitter.com/Orbinho/status/1358063365541740547?s=20

And we think we were harshly treated by VAR. Mike Dean goes all Mike Dean on West Ham!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Aubameyang has been anonymous all season, same with Willian. When the two of them came on they offered absolutely nothing.

Very little chance of getting a european spot through the league now. Europa League or bust now. I don’t think we are good enough to win it, but at least we can rest our “first team” in the league for the two Benfica games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Everton rolling over against utd again I see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ikozma wrote: »
    Everton rolling over against utd again I see

Come again? :pac:

Aubameyang has been anonymous all season, same with Willian. When the two of them came on they offered absolutely nothing.

He's been poor but today he was anonymous. Most of the year stuff just hasn't worked for him, today I noticed Gabriel in the box more than Aubameyang when he came on.

He's been poor but today he was anonymous. Most of the year stuff just hasn't worked for him, today I noticed Gabriel in the box more than Aubameyang when he came on.

He hasn't played a full 90 minutes in weeks, don't think picking him out today has anything to do with the loss.

Was more to do with the tempo of our passing and defensive errors

How was Dias only given a yellow card there? No attempt to play the ball.

Arsenal really do get ****ed over

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

How was Dias only given a yellow card there? No attempt to play the ball.

Arsenal really do get ****ed over

I was thinking the exact same thing........no mention of it being a red card on commentary and seemingly no VAR check.

Pretty certain that's a red if David Luiz or Granit Xhaka does it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

That Luis red and penalty was the worst decision I've seen this season, how are English refs so bad. There's a var machine to look at, there's a var room and there are 3 other officials they can ask so there's no excuse for them being as bad as they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

We need a better partner for Partney.
    If Guendozi comes back it could work
    Frank Kessie and Partey would be unreal

smilerf wrote: »
    We need a better partner for Partney.
    If Guendozi comes back it could work
    Frank Kessie and Partey would be unreal

Always room for improvement in every team in every position, but for me this is not a priority. Our full backs worry me (apart from Tierney). Xhaka has been very good of late IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

emmetlego wrote: »
    Always room for improvement in every team in every position, but for me this is not a priority. Our full backs worry me (apart from Tierney). Xhaka has been very good of late IMO.

absolutely, he's been great throughout that great run we were on and held the midfield together in the defeat to Wolves. His performance dropped against Villa but that went for virtually the whole team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

I think Xhaka has been very good. Really turned it around and had worked well with Partey.

The issue still remains largely in transition and a fairly toothless attack that relies too much on individual flashes of brilliance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

When do we expect to hear updates about Partey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

From what I saw it isnt that bad, outside chance he will be back for Leeds but I think he wont be risked and will play against Benfica

Apparently the two upcoming games against Benfica are going to be played at neutral venues. Venues haven’t been decided yet. I’ve always been against the away goals rule, but it really shouldn’t apply to this tie now if neither team is going to be at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Heard on the Arsecast earlier he missed 6 games in his whole time at Athletico, he's missed 10 with us already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Yeah I have to admit that his constant injury niggles are a definite worry. I'm wondering is it anything to do with adjusting to the much colder weather which I know sounds strange but all his injuries appear to be muscular which are often caused by muscles being cold even after a warm up, even a couple of minutes standing around during an injury break and then going for a sprint and BAM !!
    May well have nothing to do with it but just strange that he has become so injury prone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Apparently there's video of saliba doing the rounds..

Some dodgy video of him with a naked guy jerking off surfaced on Twitter!

WTF!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Azatadine wrote: »
    WTF!!!!

Was number 1 trending last night!

It looks like it’s one of the players naked at himself in the dressing room with loads of others sitting around him acting as if it’s as normal as scratching his sack :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Apparently the two upcoming games against Benfica are going to be played at neutral venues. Venues haven’t been decided yet. I’ve always been against the away goals rule, but it really shouldn’t apply to this tie now if neither team is going to be at home.

Will be played in Rome, still a 2 legged tie but not sure about away goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Twitter is gone Saliba crazy
    What happened or what is being said happened ?

Jesus. Had a look at the video.

Eww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Jesus. Had a look at the video.

Eww.

I haven't seen it and don't want to ,
    I hadn't an idea what anyone was on about its since been explained and the video is suppose to be from 4 years ago so watching it will get you in trouble and whoever released it could be charged with a crime,

Best advised everyone steers clear ,

back to football talk

• Advertisement

I happened to be scrolling through Twitter in the early hours of the morning, when the video was apparently leaked. Unfortunately I managed to see it for a few seconds, when I clicked on a tweet giving out about Saliba. :rolleyes:

5star02707 wrote: »
    Will be played in Rome, still a 2 legged tie but not sure about away goals

Yeah in that case, the away goals rule shouldn’t be applied. I think it’s a ridiculous rule anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Away game Rome 18th Feb and Home game 25th Feb in Athens our 2 Europa league games

https://www.arsenal.com/news/benfica-venues-confirmed-europa-league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

The Saliba video is from 3 years ago apparently.

Yeah in that case, the away goals rule shouldn’t be applied. I think it’s a ridiculous rule anyway.

Looks like it still applies. Bonkers

One great thing about been out of the Fa cup is a full weeks rest and recovery for players. Badly needed for the most important weeks of the season.

Just give me Partey and Tierney fully fit please.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Still be nice to be competing and winning the fa cup again
    Feck the rest

100% Plenty were saying feck the cup we need to concentrate on the league. How’s that working out for us? :( I’m never a fan of that mentality because you just can’t predict what will happen. Going out of the cup doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get more points in the league. Top 4 always looked out of reach to me this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

L'prof wrote: »
    100% Plenty were saying feck the cup we need to concentrate on the league. How’s that working out for us? :( I’m never a fan of that mentality because you just can’t predict what will happen. Going out of the cup doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get more points in the league. Top 4 always looked out of reach to me this season

We'll do well to finish top half never mind top 4.

If we go out of the EL to Benfica its going to be a real chore of a run in to the season.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

We will do exceptionally well to finish top half now.

So pure rumour but Arteta keen to bring Ramsay back in the summer.... Haven't heard anything

What's the feeling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

So pure rumour but Arteta keen to bring Ramsay back in the summer.... Haven't heard anything

What's the feeling?

How have his injuries been? If he has been playing regularly I'd be happy to have him at a low cost. Would be excellent with Partey.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement