Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

We cross it, their big defenders head it up in the air, one of them wins second ball. Over and over.

Possesion means nothing. Absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

5star02707 wrote: »
    We dominated this 2nd half but no goals. 72% possession and 2 shots on target afff

Spurs playing Jose’s way.
    You can have the ball but you won’t score against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

All in all disappointing how naive our players are.
    Gutting spurs got the lucky worldie to start it off.
    Then how brain dead the players were for the second is embarrassing.
    Never gonna get back into a game 2-0 to a mourhino side.

Next two games are very winable at least

El Sueño wrote: »
    I think Saka is more than good enough in fairness

He’s very average.
    What has he created today or any other day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

In 31 league games under Arteta, Arsenal have 11 defeats and only 13 wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    All in all disappointing how naive our players are.
    Gutting spurs got the lucky worldie to start it off.
    Then how brain dead the players were for the second is embarrassing.
    Never gonna get back into a game 2-0 to a mourhino side.

Next two games are very winable at least

Baloney. I have zero confidence that Arteta can manage to get the team cohesive enough to beat Burnley or Southampton. We won't score. We will concede

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Really like what I'm seeing from Gabriel.

It was that Partey moment that killed us. Perhaps he shouldn't have started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

15th place. Im not so sure where the goals will come from to move us up a bit. Its awful stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

greendom wrote: »
    Really like what I'm seeing from Gabriel.

It was that Partey moment that killed us. Perhaps he shouldn't have started

Clearly can't have been fit. Still should have stayed on until the ball went dead though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Spurs playing Jose’s way.
    You can have the ball but you won’t score against us.

That pretty much sums it up. In fairness lads, I think your team is a lot better than your recent results suggest.

At this stage, it may be a struggle to get back into the top four, but you are definitely a top six team and, for my money, should finish ahead of United.

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »
    We dominated this 2nd half but no goals. 72% possession and 2 shots on target afff

We dominated nothing. That word implies we were in control. They didn't want the ball, they wouldn't give a damn if the ball was in the stand for 72% of the game.

Is that 5 losses in 7 league games now?

He’s very average.
    What has he created today or any other day?

Like many of our players he's living off a previous purple patch.

Saka, like Auba, has been average since signing a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Something is very wrong, we're 15th after 11 games. No way should an Arsenal manager get away with that. I don't believe Arteta's good enough, but I really wanted him to be. There's clearly a big difference between being a great no.2 to being a great no.1.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    We dominated nothing. That word implies we were in control. They didn't want the ball, they wouldn't give a damn if the ball was in the stand for 72% of the game.

Spurs let us have the ball cause they knew we were incapable of doing anything with it. They knew they had it won at half time

I will say this before I log off cause I'm not gonna listen to the Arteta out people.

Players fault again to today.

Arteta is still the man for the job, it's a slow process but it's a process.

Next two games are winable and will get us moving nicely.

Don't care if we finish 15th and manage to win the Europa League. Will take that season now if u gave it to me.

Got to have a massive culling of players in the next two windows. 10 to 15 players gone. Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

2 wins in 9. Cant remember it this bad.

wonga77 wrote: »
    15th place. Im not so sure where the goals will come from to move us up a bit. Its awful stuff

On form and performance that’s about where we deserve to be, 15th.
    Some of those team down there with us will out-battle us too.
    In my 50 years following Arsenal this is the worst team I have watched.
    You don’t drop this low by accident either. It’s not a fluke.

Azatadine wrote: »
    Baloney. I have zero confidence that Arteta can manage to get the team cohesive enough to beat Burnley or Southampton. We won't score. We will concede

I will bet u any money we will win both these games.

I will say this before I log off cause I'm not gonna listen to the Arteta out people.

Don't care if we finish 15th and manage to win the Europa League. Will take that season now if u gave it to me.

Got to have a massive culling of players in the next two windows. 10 to 15 players gone. Please

I can only assume you're trolling, unless we're playing Molde or Dundalk the next 2 games arent winnable. We are going backwards at an alarming rate, creating nothing and when we do the strikers are in an awful run of form. I want Arteta to achieve as much as anyone but he has to shoulder some responsibility here.
    And 10 to 15 players gone in the next 2 windows? This isn't a computer game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Regardless of what any of us thought when Arteta was hired, i did not think we would be having the Arteta Out chat a mere 12 months on.

I can only assume you're trolling, unless we're playing Molde or Dundalk the next 2 games arent winnable. We are going backwards at an alarming rate, creating nothing and when we do the strikers are in an awful run of form. I want Arteta to achieve as much as anyone but he has to shoulder some responsibility here.
    And 10 to 15 players gone in the next 2 windows? This isn't a computer game

A worldie and brain dead defending isn't the managers fault today I'm afraid.

Players let us down like they leave the managers down, like how they leave themselves down like how they are an embarrassment.

While I don't want Arteta out, there are two big things that concern me.

1. He is not getting the most out of the players we have. This should be a manager's job. In fact, players' individual performances are dropping.

2. We don't have a clear style of play, unless playing like absolute ****e is a style. Good football should be good to watch, period. There are no top teams in any sport that are horrible to watch.

Regardless of what any of us thought when Arteta was hired, i did not think we would be having the Arteta Out chat a mere 12 months on.

Everything was quite rosy, we looked a bit better defensively, the fa cup, it was mostly positive. Since Ozil has been blacklisted things have gone very pearshaped. Is it possible that Ozil still has the players backing? He seems to be very popular, clearly they arent trying too hard for Arteta anymore anyway, Auba's form since signing the contract has been so bad that its hard to understand

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Something is very wrong, we're 15th after 11 games. No way should an Arsenal manager get away with that. I don't believe Arteta's good enough, but I really wanted him to be. There's clearly a big difference between being a great no.2 to being a great no.1.

Players aren't good enough.

They were doing alright though until something changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

We either let him go now and give the rest of the season for a new manager to settle in or we let this drag on to the inevitable in the summer or early next season.
    Arteta is out of his depth or if not then the players aren’t playing for him for some reason. Either way he goes sooner or later in my opinion.

Why on earth do you think we would win the Europa League? For starters the team we couldn't lay a glove on today is in it.

While I agree that they all aren't good enough there's something clearly not working. They didn't all turn into donkeys overnight.
    Arteta hasn't stamped any style of play whatsoever on the team, we're not good in defence, not a possession team, not good to watch going forward.
    In 11 matches we've been ahead at the break just once, only the bottom 3 have scored less than us.
    Burnley and Southampton at home in the next 2 and I wouldn't be confident of winning either, especially Southampton, they have picked up some decent results and seem to have no bother hitting the net

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

Play it wide, cross in to box, defenders clear and get hit on counterattack. Don't press the opposition, never play through the middle. In what world is that going to work?

We dont have the players to play like he seems to be trying to, and even if we did it would have to be some group of players to get top 4 nevermind anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Part of me is saying Arteta needs another couple of transfer windows to get us where we need but we’ve somehow managed to get worse under him which is pretty worrying. Really don’t wanna see us turn into a hiring and firing managerial circus either though.

• Advertisement

They were doing alright though until something changed.

What do u class as doing alright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

What do u class as doing alright?

Well they won the cup for one, got some great results and the team actually seemed to be playing for the coach and following some sort of philosophy. Either they’ve been found out or something has happened at club level because that’s not the team we saw last season.

Why on earth do you think we would win the Europa League? For starters the team we couldn't lay a glove on today is in it.

Faith in the manager to get us going.
    Maybe a Bruno type player in January could make a massive difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Pfft I'm not having any of this Arteta out stuff. State of those players... He needs the January transfer window and I'd judge on him on who he shifts OUT rather than in because there's something rotten there.

Not pointing fingers...

omega man wrote: »
    We either let him go now and give the rest of the season for a new manager to settle in or we let this drag on to the inevitable in the summer or early next season.
    Arteta is out of his depth or if not then the players aren’t playing for him for some reason. Either way he goes sooner or later in my opinion.

Disagree on every level with u

Faith in the manager to get us going.
    Maybe a Bruno type player in January could make a massive difference

You're entitled to your opinion of course but you seem to demonstrate blind faith that's not supported by the facts.

While I agree that they all aren't good enough there's something clearly not working. They didn't all turn into donkeys overnight.
    Arteta hasn't stamped any style of play whatsoever on the team, we're not good in defence, not a possession team, not good to watch going forward.
    In 11 matches we've been ahead at the break just once, only the bottom 3 have scored less than us.
    Burnley and Southampton at home in the next 2 and I wouldn't be confident of winning either, especially Southampton, they have picked up some decent results and seem to have no bother hitting the net

Ya they have been donkeys for 5 years

Ya they have been donkeys for 5 years

Ok cool, I'm done biting

You're entitled to your opinion of course but you seem to demonstrate blind faith that's not supported by the facts.

Not blind faith..I know these players are ****. That is obvious. He has only had a year that has had a pandemic in the middle of it.

Next manager would get nothing out of these players either.
    Look what they did for Emery

The players are the poison
    Arteta is the cure in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Couldn’t disagree but that’s quite a list.
    Shows the mismanagement over the last number of years.

and many if all of those were nto arteta signings

I really hope that he didn't say it like that and they put a spin on it cause that doesn't inspire confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

And to be honest, it all went downhill after the manchester united vitory.

prior to that we was very solid as a team with clear structure and hard to beat

Not blind faith..I know these players are ****. That is obvious. He has only had a year that has had a pandemic in the middle of it.

Next manager would get nothing out of these players either.
    Look what they did for Emery

The players are the poison
    Arteta is the cure in my opinion

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

We are not going to have a complete clearout of players anytime soon. We have seen that many of these players we have right now CAN play very well, the question is why aren't they? That's his job.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I think we’d struggle to win a coin toss never mind the Europa, the teams from the champions league are coming in soon too

We have a much, much better chance of winning a coin toss right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Disagree on every level with u

You’re clearly watching a different Arsenal to me.
    It’s a mess on the pitch and on the side line, never mind the boardroom.
    What positives are you seeing?

You’re clearly watching a different Arsenal to me.
    It’s a mess on the pitch and on the side line, never mind the boardroom.
    What positives are you seeing?

We are in a bad place confidence wish now. Changing manager again with these same players won't make a difference.

2 good home games now next, if the both go bad I then will start to become concerned. Losing to spurs away isn't that strange. They are a good team this year.

Is it possible that Ozil can be drafted in or is he gone for the year? Not saying he's the answer, just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I think a lot of us were taken in by how well Arteta talks, he really sounds like he knows what he’s at. After a year though it seems there’s not much to back it up. The FA Cup win was great of course but we’ve been sh1te in the league.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1335667891610546176

So true that we're lacking in so many fundamental areas.

I don't understand how the team is clueless about how to counter-attack, or how to do a set piece. Surely they practice these things?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement