Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

There's plenty of very good teams left yet.
    I can't wait for the time that crowds will be left back in, I hate that hollow empty sound that this game is producing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

wonga77 wrote: »
    There's plenty of very good teams left yet.
    I can't wait for the time that crowds will be left back in, I hate that hollow empty sound that this game is producing

Agreed it's sh1t but better than nothing. I'm with Ancelotti, imagine lockdown with no ball :eek:

Fairly sure that cedric just got away with a blatant foul throw.
    If I see another one of them this season il lose the head

Jesus that was an absolute sitter missed by auba.... He won't get an easier chance all year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Oh my Auba missed that goal so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm not enjoying how much control they have over the game so far.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying how much control they have over the game so far.

??? Benfica had 3 or 4 minutes where they knocked it about, otherwise we're completely dominating

Odegaard looks like he a potential keeper.

How good must Saka be in training, they all just want to give him the ball all the time. Absolute star on our hands.

??? Benfica had 3 or 4 minutes where they knocked it about, otherwise we're completely dominating

A lot of our play has been between defenders where they're happy to watch us tap it about. When they pay with it they tend to do it a bit more up the field and we let them. Were one poor pass between defenders or one good ball by them in having them clear through on goal

A lot of our play has been between defenders where they're happy to watch us tap it about. When they pay with it they tend to do it a bit more up the field and we let them. Were one poor pass between defenders or one good ball by them in having them clear through on goal

They've created nothing or not looked dangerous yet. We've had a few chances and eventually we'll get one of the offsides right

• Advertisement

Be inclined to agree, we're getting too patient in the build up, they looked really uncomfortable early doors when we ran at them.

Either do that or let them have the ball a bit and break at them, f all legs in that back 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

For a man who's scored as many goals as he has Auba must have some highlight reel of missed sitters. Seems to happen to him a lot.

Aubas timing is poor tonight, think that's 3 times he's been caught offside

Way too slow to get the ball forward when we win it.

This is the **** that I don't think Xhaka can ever get out of his game. Crazy passes that put us under pressure and almost make us concede.

Lack of intelligence, there's lots I like about Xhaka I usually defend him but a ball like that is something you'd expect to get a bollocking at underage for.

Very comfortable for the first 20, really should have been 1 up at least. Benfica have come more into it as the game has gone on. They should have scored there right before ht, daft stuff by Xhaka to play a diagonal ball like that. We must have had at least 60% of the ball but a little deep alright. Not sure why we stopped running at them, 7 offsides already, surely we'll get one right. In fairness Benficas back 4 have got their lines and timing spot on so far.
    Its a game that might suit Pepe actually as its open enough at times

It's absolutely vital we score tonight with this being our away game. So many chances with so many poor finishes so far.

PENALTY now. :mad:

Silly from ESR. Hands behind the back is a must there.

Can't say it hasn't been coming. When we miss so much it sets the whole game for this kind of thing

• Advertisement

We do hand away some daft fcuking penos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Disaster If we don't score as the away team. Stupid rule at the best of times but especially when both teams are away

How the eff is that a penalty chest to arm?

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1362510634076803084?s=19

Not surprising. Don't take our chances, pay the price. We deserve it.

Was waiting for an offside call there

EDIT: Might still be

That's more like it.

This Benfica team are bang average, making tough work out of this and no need for it to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

5star02707 wrote: »
    How the eff is that a penalty chest to arm?

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1362510634076803084?s=19

Ah come on now. Always a pen.

Saka!

Ah jesus. What now.

• Advertisement

Saka goal! Class pass from Odegaard

Great goal. Thought they were gonna reverse that!

VAR just sucks the life out of football.

Would leave Tierney on the bench tbh. Not impressed by Benfica going forward, Cedric is doing fine. Let Tierney fully heal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Great pass from Odegaard there

VAR just sucks the life out of football.

A goal like that should be checked so quickly that there's no break in play at all, just like when the ESR handball was checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That penalty call was laughable

You'd think after a hattrick at the weekend that auba would be buzzing but he's missed some chances tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

You'd think after a hattrick at the weekend that auba would be buzzing but he's missed some chances tonight

His practically missed a hattrick of chances tonight lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

If it was anyone else that had missed those chances and being as sloppy in their all round they would be getting absolutely slaughtered here.

ESR and Auba out, Martinelli and Pepe in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What a dreadful game of football

Not sure what's the point in bringing in elneny and Willian in the 90th minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ugh Willian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Why wasn't Laca brought on with his recent good form??

AdamD wrote: »
    What a dreadful game of football

I'm watching on Virgin and I find every game feels brutal without the fake crowd nice. I know it's been poor in other ways, but that didn't help

Game looking dire tbh we got an away goal but a win is what most of us are expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I feel a 2-2 in the next game and us out on "AWAY" goals for the millionth time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

We created more than enough to win that one but poor finishing let us down. Should beat these over 2 legs handy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

We created more than enough to win that one but poor finishing let us down. Should beat these over 2 legs handy enough.

Especially since the second leg is at Highbury next week according to Gerry Armstrong. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    I feel a 2-2 in the next game and us out on "AWAY" goals for the millionth time

Yeah I really hope them missed chances tonight don’t bite us in the ass next week. I think the away goals rule needs to go in general, but having it apply in this tie under the circumstances is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement