Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I think auba has enough credit in the bank with the fans to be forgiven

Certainly not this season, he has, last weekend aside, been abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Certainly not this season, he has, last weekend aside, been abysmal.

He's had a crap time outside of the team, his mum and another family member with health issues had to affect him.

Thankfully with arsenal he got the support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Very disappointed with the result. Could have had 3 or 4 and that was just Auba. Yes he’s been out of sorts this season but at least he was getting into good positions. Earlier in the season he wasn’t getting chances, nevermind goals. Over half of his goals have come in his last 7 appearances. He’s only made 3 full appearances in that period. Offsides we’re doing my nut in too. Saka especially. Some I thought were too close for the lino to be flagging but most were well off. Not looking forward to City at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We left a few goals out there thats for sure, lets be honest we could have won that 3 or 4 nil & no one could have complained, even the penalty was a series of unforced errors that came out of nowhere. Very frustrating to watch chance after chance being missed.
    Benfica looked like slightly more of a threat after they brought on their striker but even at that Leno had just 1 save to
    make, & in that time Auba could have had at least a brace.

I'm hoping Benfica are just poor rather than them just having a poor night that they wont repeat & will come back to haunt us next week. Though with the silly arrangements with the locations & home/away advantage being useless anything could happen. Lets be honest we all know we're prone to the odd brain fart and can concede out of nowhere despite being easily the better team.

First time i've watched a full 90 minutes in a while and I'm not sure what to make of us, slightly stronger at the back despite the unforced errors but not as much of a threat, especially through the middle, we really could do with Partey staying fit & playing a few games.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

DvB wrote: »
    We left a few goals out there thats for sure, lets be honest we could have won that 3 or 4 nil & no one could have complained, even the penalty was a series of unforced errors that came out of nowhere. Very frustrating to watch chance after chance being missed.
    Benfica looked like slightly more of a threat after they brought on their striker but even at that Leno had just 1 save to
    make, & in that time Auba could have had at least a brace.

I'm hoping Benfica are just poor rather than them just having a poor night that they wont repeat & will come back to haunt us next week. Though with the silly arrangements with the locations & home/away advantage being useless anything could happen. Lets be honest we all know we're prone to the odd brain fart and can concede out of nowhere despite being easily the better team.

First time i've watched a full 90 minutes in a while and I'm not sure what to make of us, slightly stronger at the back despite the unforced errors but not as much of a threat, especially through the middle, we really could do with Partey staying fit & playing a few games.

Partey playing 10/20 90 minutes games will be massive for this club. He is a world-class talent

If you look at the stats from last night, it's pretty depressing.

They had 6 shots, with 4 on target. We had 7 shots, with only 2 on target. With 60% possession, we need to be shooting way more than we do. It doesn't help that we're not even making the keeper work when we do create big chances. I don't remember Leno having to do much, though. I'd say their shots were pretty easy ones for him to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Basil3 wrote: »
    If you look at the stats from last night, it's pretty depressing.

They had 6 shots, with 4 on target. We had 7 shots, with only 2 on target. With 60% possession, we need to be shooting way more than we do. It doesn't help that we're not even making the keeper work when we do create big chances. I don't remember Leno having to do much, though. I'd say their shots were pretty easy ones for him to deal with.

Other than the peno and the one handed save in the second half I don't remember anything making him work at all.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Balogun not in the squad for the u23s tonight. Haven't heard anything about an injury.
    Beer?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Folks are getting excited online saying he’s playing Sunday but I can’t see it.
    Amazing nelson is playing at the u23 level now and Willian just walks into the first team, the higher ups must know something we don’t

Yeah I'm seeing that but i can't see it either. Eddie isn't getting any minutes at the moment and Laca hasn't played in two games. Hopefully he just has a small knock or something and it's not other bad news

• Advertisement

Balogun not in the squad for the u23s tonight. Haven't heard anything about an injury.
    Beer?

Nothing definite, I'm hearing that Saka is exhausted and picked up a small knock against Benfica. They're worried he won't be available for the 2nd leg so could just be he's rested and Balogun then comes into the squad.

Last Saturday had a good chat on Folarin and sounded positive but I think with Laca likely gone in the summer, hopes are high he will sign. On saying that it equally wouldn't surprise me if he's not playing because he's agreed a deal elsewhere. Liverpool were hot favourites but in answer, no it's all up in the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Why isn't Balogun getting a proper chance if he's as good as they say?

I know that but if he is as good as everyone raves about then he should be getting some gametime at least. Even 25 minutes here and there if they are serious about keeping him. Just wondering if he's being a bit overhyped, he'll be 20 in the summer, plenty old enough now to get am occasional run in the pl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

we are going to beat city on sunday, i can feel it

wonga77 wrote: »
    I know that but if he is as good as everyone raves about then he should be getting some gametime at least. Even 25 minutes here and there if they are serious about keeping him. Just wondering if he's being a bit overhyped, he'll be 20 in the summer, plenty old enough now to get am occasional run in the pl

i am one of the very few that dont rave about him because if he was that good, he would be world class.

the striker position is one position we are very strong at.

abu is world class, one of the best strikers in the world and laca is pretty decent too as of late.

how is some unkown kid gunna wrestle his way to this side?

he would have to be a ste above laca and close to abu quality.
    the man needs to be patient.

laca will be off in the next 2 years, and abu aint a spring chicken either.

this kid needs to be patient and wait for a couple of years to get his chance.

even if he was to sign for us, he wil be out on loan, his never played senior level dont forget!!!

Chelsea absolutely dominating Southampton but having no good chances and then Southampton go and score on their first half chance.
    It's just nice to see it happening to other teams and not us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

i am one of the very few that dont rave about him because if he was that good, he would be world class.

the striker position is one position we are very strong at.

abu is world class, one of the best strikers in the world and laca is pretty decent too as of late.

how is some unkown kid gunna wrestle his way to this side?

he would have to be a ste above laca and close to abu quality.
    the man needs to be patient.

laca will be off in the next 2 years, and abu aint a spring chicken either.

this kid needs to be patient and wait for a couple of years to get his chance.

even if he was to sign for us, he wil be out on loan, his never played senior level dont forget!!!

That’s all well and good but if he fecks off and has an unbelievable career it reflects very badly on the club. Nobody is asking why isn’t he playing full games ahead of our best players, just wondering why he isn’t getting a bit of game time here and there. Maybe it’s his contract situation. I hope he signs and is at least given a bit of a chance before he’s shipped out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Have to say I really enjoyed watching Souness squirming at half time, farce of a pundit and horribly biased. Full time is going to be even more enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

we are going to beat city on sunday, i can feel it

https://twitter.com/Max__Rad1/status/1363450287109906442?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Maestro Moyes is now beating the so-called Special One! :D

Going a point clear of Spurs if we win should be enough motivation for anyone!!!

Arteta will have the lads fired up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Elneny in the place of Smith rowe stinks of negativity.

Very strong bench though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I think we can do this today. We can take these.

C'mon Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Elneny in the place of Smith rowe stinks of negativity.

Very strong bench though.

Elneny for Ceballos, Pepe for Smith-Rowe.

Wouldn't be surprised if they set up deep though with Holding & Mari

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I think we can do this today. We can take these.

C'mon Arsenal

Yeah agree I think we’ll be up for this, 2-0 us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That didn't last long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Oh Lord....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Holding beaten in the air by a bloke the same stature as yoda

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is going to be rough.

That useless balding lad had a good view of the goal at least. Good for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Christ...

Jesus wept, why do these things always happen to us

I'm fuming here already. Comical defending. Letting a 4 ft player out jump our cb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

I was astounded by the positivity before kick off. The few times I've watched City this season they have been on a different level to their opposition.

This is damage limitation time in order to preserve the GD and team confidence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Seriously I've had enough of Holding already. He brings absolutely nothing to this team. No presence whatsoever!

Already City just having the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

We're not improving at all. We're 10th ffs, let's be honest.

djan wrote: »
    I was astounded by the positivity before kick off. The few times I've watched City this season they have been on a different level to their opposition.

This is damage limitation time in order to preserve the GD and team confidence!

I was thinking the same, id nearly settle for the 1 - 0 now tbh. Couldnt stomach another hiding

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    We're not improving at all. We're 10th ffs, let's be honest.

100% but you get attacked by some here if you suggest this....its true though. 100 percent.

Took a look at our upcoming 6 fixtures in the league and we could pick up very few points over the run.

• Advertisement

I'm sure I'm not the only one who dreads to see us playing it out from the back. Leno went right across the goal-line there, we don't have the players for that

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

We're showing them far too much respect and backing off the whole time.

Mahrez is tearing Tierney apart here, this is gonna get ugly although Pep usually is happy to keep it 3-0

Azatadine wrote: »
    100% but you get attacked by some here if you suggest this....its true though. 100 percent.

Took a look at our upcoming 6 fixtures in the league and we could pick up very few points over the run.

I pointed out a coupla games ago we had a stinker of a run coming. Arteta will cling on then for the last 8 matches we'll have an ok run (5 or 6 wins including 1 upset, either Everton or Chelsea) and people will try to say we're on an upward trajectory.

I was expecting this. City are on a phenomenal run, outplaying everyone they meet week in week out, but suddenly we should sack Arteta and we're rubbish just because they're beating us too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Quazzie wrote: »
    I was expecting this. City are on a phenomenal run, outplaying everyone they meet week in week out, but suddenly we should sack Arteta and we're rubbish just because they're beating us too. :rolleyes:

Fairly sure we were 10th before today.

The table doesn't lie.

• Advertisement

Fairly sure whoever is 2nd place in the league now would be smacked by City too.

Suddenly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Our last win against City was in 2015, so I wouldn't make any decision based on the result of that one.

Still 70 minutes to go anyway.

And yet the talk about it only started as soon as we went 0-1 down.

Fairly sure whoever is 2nd place in the league now would be smacked by City too.

Didn't you predict us to win today?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement