Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Looking pretty clueless out there so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Fairly sure whoever is 2nd place in the league now would be smacked by City too.

I've no doubt, I'm just saying we're 10th, which is bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wonski wrote: »
    Our last win against City was in 2015, so I wouldn't make any decision based on the result of that one.

Still 70 minutes to go anyway.

*league win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I've no doubt, I'm just saying we're 10th, which is bullsh1t.

Where 10th because we've been **** from Sept to Dec basically.

Had we played how we playing of recent, we'd be higher up the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

City absolutely dominating the ball, we can't seem to get near them when they attack.
    Lazy attempt from Pepe there to get back onside, that kind of rubbish doesnt fcuking help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Saka looks jaded, 29 mins in. He should have been given a rest either today or last Thursday night.

Actually a lot of the players look fatigued. I still don't understand the decision not to rotate on Thursday, our schedule is crazy and it looks like it was a bad call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

There are some great counter-attacking opportunities if we could just keep our composure when we get the ball. Could do with Ceballos on to help us hold on to the ball a little bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonga77 wrote: »
    City absolutely dominating the ball, we can't seem to get near them when they attack.
    Lazy attempt from Pepe there to get back onside, that kind of rubbish doesnt fcuking help

It's not his fault that Saka passed the ball there despite both Pepe and Auba being already miles offside, unless you are on about something else that happened later.

Nice try from Tierney. At least it was a shot.

**** off Xhaka.

Rob Holding is more adventurous on the ball than Elneny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Rob Holding is more adventurous on the ball than Elneny.

Elneny starting any game is indicative of where we are as a club now.

I don't think I heard Odegaard name being mentioned in the game either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

0-1 Down at half time against probably the best team in Europe and the amount of bitching is crazy.

Anyone that thinks u can judge our progress or lack of it against city is sadly mistaken.

I actually see a chance for Arsenal there.

Maybe I am to optimistic, but I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

At least we're playing a fair bit in their half now. Next step to create a few more decent chances and convert 1 or 2.

I actually see a chance for Arsenal there.

Maybe I am to optimistic, but I see it.
    City have been very lackadaisical. I'd be surprised if Pep hasn't noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    0-1 Down at half time against probably the best team in Europe and the amount of bitching is crazy.

Anyone that thinks u can judge our progress or lack of it against city is sadly mistaken.

We're very much still in this. City are on a good run, easily the least interesting winning run ever, but I mean Spurs beat them. And they're not exactly good.

I don't think I heard Odegaard name being mentioned in the game either...

A performance reminiscent of the mighty Denis Suarez.

Elneny is pretty useless out there today

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

Holding got caught flat footed otherwise the defensive side of things has looked good, Xhaka getting off some really nice passes today hopefully they keep leaving him have space. Elneny and Aubemeyang have been very poor and probably need to be subbed off.

Tierney looks like hes running on fumes but still making an impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Are we supposed to come here and praise the team and say how well they are playing when they didn’t even turn up for the first half an hour ?

It’s a discussion forum and when a team is losing the talking is bound to be negative lol

Anyone think Lacazette could make a difference here ?

Discussion and half time bitching and complete cutting of a team and manager that are down one goal are different things to me..at least the end of your comment is a discussion point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Poor start for sure, took us a while to get going but we are definitely in it now. We’re playing a top team and it shows but we are doing ok. If we can build on last 15 we are in with a shout.

Elneny needs to come off, contributing nothing and when it arrives at his feet he just brings us right back.

There are chances for us, though i get the feeling Pep wont be happy at HT. They are arsing about in front of goal a bit too much.
    Hopefully we take one of our chances but I feel like City are capable of scoring at every attack.
    Elneny not really contributing a whole pile

3 times already this half we've tried to pass it out from the back only to end up just booting it back to them.

Right there is why Elneny has to come off, killing us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

5th yellow for Xhaka there, that's a one game ban now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

DenMan wrote: »
    5th yellow for Xhaka there, that's a one game ban now.

I think I read somewhere that only applies up to matchweek 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

We're so stand-offish, can't be letting the likes of KDB pick passes.

Diaz just walked to the edge of our box with the ball and nobody went near him.

Not sure who to bring in but id take Elneny off and at this stage id nearly pull Saka too to give him a breather.
    im switching off though if I see Willian warming up.
    City more tuned in this half

Not sure who to bring in but id take Elneny off and at this stage id nearly pull Saka too to give him a breather.
    im switching off though if I see Willian warming up.
    City more tuned in this half

Tierney looks tired too, Pepe not in it, Auba not in it so Arteta has plenty of candidates!!

Quazzie wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that only applies up to matchweek 19.

Yes. It's 10 now to get ban.

• Advertisement

What’s he waiting for this game needs a sub quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

City looked great for a while but they have really taken their foot off the gas here since the 25 minute mark but we can't get any sort of pressure on them at all.

Where are the subs?

Surprised Pep's not being shown losing it on the sideline the last while.

That's embarrassingly causal from City. Would love to see them caught out

That is insultingly casual from Cancelo and then Ederson.

Finally some substitutions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I don't like Auba on the left, it's a waste

If Elneny plays then David Luiz needs to play cb just so we have someone deeper on the pitch who is willing to move the ball forward. We are basically sacrificing our ability to pass forward when he plays. Every single fcking time he passes it either sideways or backwards.

Elneny reminds me a lot of Denilson. I'll never understand how players like that make careers playing in center midfield without being able to pass the ball forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Tierney is knackered, real danger leaving him on

If Elneny plays then David Luiz needs to play cb just so we have someone deeper on the pitch who is willing to move the ball forward. We are basically sacrificing our ability to pass forward when he plays. Every single fcking time he passes it either sideways or backwards.

Elneny reminds me a lot of Denilson. I'll never understand how players like that make careers playing in center midfield without being able to pass the ball forward.

He's good to have on the bench as fodder to plug the last 20 minute gaps in games and let the starters get a rest. No reason he should ever be starting for us though.

They only get careers at Arsenal.

If Elneny plays 90 minutes here, Arteta is a fool. 8 minutes left may as well lose 2-0 having a go than accepting 1-0.

Starting Elneny was poor, keeping him on as poor as he had been is bad, giving him the full 90 is criminal

• Advertisement

Tierney is knackered, real danger leaving him on

I’d say plan was to give him 60/70 mins but too many others have been too poor

I want to see a defender bring a gun onto the pitch and shoot someone as the ball is running out of play. Should be grand it seems.

Just talking to someone else who said Holding didn't have a bad game. And he's right, as far as Holding goes. But it shows we have a starting centre back who's bar is so low that getting beaten by Sterling for a headed goal and then injuring himself with a sloppy tackle constitutes "not a bad game" for him.

Peak Luiz right there.

Peak Luiz right there.

Stones did the exact same thing to Auba and got away with it tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I want to see a defender bring a gun onto the pitch and shoot someone as the ball is running out of play. Should be grand it seems.

Just talking to someone else who said Holding didn't have a bad game. And he's right, as far as Holding goes. But it shows we have a starting centre back who's bar is so low that getting beaten by Sterling for a headed goal and then injuring himself with a sloppy tackle constitutes "not a bad game" for him.

I think that's the situation with the whole team compared to even a few years ago. Same story with the likes of Elneny.

No shame in a 1-0 loss to city they’re clearly a tier above us at the moment. Better than a 4-1 pasting.

ah well. I thought we were in for an awful hiding after a minute. There's a serious gulf in class between the sides, City were sloppy, I think another team with a bit more belief might have got something there.
    Not so sure that Saka and Tierney needed a full game like that. Would have likes to see ESR in a good bit earlier too.
    Elneny wouldnt get in the City squad yet he plays most of the game for us, thats the difference

At least we made them earn it!

Needed more urgency. Showed them way, way too much respect. Afraid to attack them even though they weren't threatening at all.

• Advertisement

It'll be the last time Elneny ever plays against City now guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement