Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Some of Liams' best moments

https://youtu.be/HFOK03X5NLM

Sorry it wouldn't embed, but well worth a look

Gosh, he really was exquisite! Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

PSG in for Bellerin?

Haha this is funny, 5 days ago I mention here that PSG were looking at Bellerin, I'd suggested it online as well and AFTV called me a 'twonk' because he was under contract till 2023 . From the resulting conversation they blocked me (yeehaa). They are today posting that Bellerin could leave in the summer...

Twonks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Looking forward to tomorrow. Reckon we'll beat Leicester. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can't say I am really. Anyone finding it hard to care about the league matches at this stage? Will be looking forward to the next Europa League game but with a mid table finish all but guaranteed I don't find myself too invested in these games at the latter end of the season. How do the likes of Southampton do it every year :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Can't say I am really. Anyone finding it hard to care about the league matches at this stage? Will be looking forward to the next Europa League game but with a mid table finish all but guaranteed I don't find myself too invested in these games at the latter end of the season. How do the likes of Southampton do it every year :p

I treat every game the same to be honest. I always want them to win. They have no chance of finishing top 4 and only a slightly better chance of winning the Europa. I’d like them to finish as high up the table as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just hoping it’s a better spectacle than the reverse fixture. Is Vardy out by any chance??? :(

We'll have the team news in just under an hour lads. COYG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Dreading Arsenal games for the giving out about team selection before they go on the field, follow quickly by the question the manager with a nice finish of go ****ing mental if William gets on. That's the blueprint for every game and that annoys me more then the table at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Soups123

L'prof wrote: »
    Just hoping it’s a better spectacle than the reverse fixture. Is Vardy out by any chance??? :(

No he starts

Team to play Arsenal: Schmeichel, Castagne, Soyuncu, Evans, Thomas, Ndidi, Tielamans, Pereira, Iheanacho, Barnes, Vardy

• Advertisement

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Dreading Arsenal games for the giving out about team selection before they go on the field, follow quickly by the question the manager with a nice finish of go ****ing mental if William gets on. That's the blueprint for every game and that annoys me more then the table at the moment.

Your blue print is wrong Will I Am starts

Team to play Leicester: Leno, Soares, Mari, Luiz, Tierney, Elneny, Xhaka, Willian, Smith Rowe, Pepe, Lacazette

Seeing Elneny does make me sick though

Looks like our bench could beat our starting 11 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Soups123 wrote: »

Elneny should never be a starter. Willian starts as well.....Jakers...

Azatadine wrote: »
    Elneny should never be a starter. Willian starts as well.....Jakers...

Willian has been poor but there’s a player in the if he can get it out. Elneny is just awful way below the level and I’m shocked he’s getting picked

I don't think Leicester expect Willian to play at 12pm. He's going to have a blinder. That Leicester is definitely beatable. COYG

• Advertisement

His stats are very impressive pass completion etc. I do agree he needs to me more proactive with his passing though. Love the man heart though. Miles of heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭Azatadine

His stats are very impressive pass completion etc. I do agree he needs to me more proactive with his passing though. Love the man heart though. Miles of heart

Sorry, but no way will Elneny ever be good enough for the Arsenal as I know it and grew up with. Maybe I just need to accept that this is the level Arsenal are at now, if Elneny is good enough to be a starter but it's a far cry from where we should be. I'm not ready to accept that yet.

He has heart and athleticism.

I think that’s it he can work well in a defensive set up but on the ball he kills us, brings every ball backwards sees nothing in front of him.

Beside Xhaka he just doesn’t work in my mind. I just think he should be nowhere near our starting 11, nowhere near it

Anyway game on, not feeling confident but we are capable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

Elneny's pass stats are good because all he does is move it sideways or backwards. I think Dani needed to duck out after his mare the other night though and I'm glad we're not rushing Partey back, so Mo has to play.

Hard to justify Willian playing ahead of Martinelli though. Even if he was good the other night.

• Advertisement

Sorry, but no way will Elneny ever be good enough for the Arsenal as I know it and grew up with. Maybe I just need to accept that this is the level Arsenal are at now, if Elneny is good enough to be a starter but it's a far cry from where we should be. I'm not ready to accept that yet.

You know you can't have a full squad of starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Nonsense. You grew up with Johan Djourou and Phillipe Senderos starting in defense for us, and RvP producing miracles upfront. Stop pretending that Arsenal's squads were always full of amazing players. We've have our fair share of bad players at all times throughout the years

The speed of our center Half's worry me. Vardy will give them nightmares

We let him walk that in shocking

Ah yeah sure let Tielemans just stroll in unchallenged sure what's he gonna do. Jesus.

We are just ****e

ffs

Rubbish defending, had to close him down..... Absolute **** defending. That one annoyed me more then most goals

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Leaving aside the sloppy giving away of the ball that was all Mari, he could have closed him down easily.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

That defending from Mari is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Almost hilarious.

• Advertisement

I think of all the years I'm watching Arsenal that is our worst defending yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah echoing the rest of Yas, that was just pathetic. Unprofessional play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Penalty to Arsenal :)

Being checked. Not really a foul but if we get it I take it.

A real Xhaka challenge from Tielemans there. Dumb.
    This will be a free kick.

Free kick it is.

VAR never goes with us.

Tough to take if there’s two contacts surely the advantage is allowed on the first you would think

That didin't go out off Tierney either

God Martin Keown the pundit is fcking awful. His analysis of Willian suggests he's been bad for us because he's in mourning since he left Chelsea. Jesus fcking christ. Imagine being paid money to come out with scutter like that on live TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

God Martin Keown the pundit is fcking awful. His analysis of Willian suggests he's been bad for us because he's in mourning since he left Chelsea. Jesus fcking christ. Imagine being paid money to come out with scutter like that on live TV.

Willian did admit recently that he did want to stay at Chelsea, but left the door open for both clubs to decide the outcome. So that could be where Keown's comments are coming from

Willian “It was difficult to make that decision [to join Arsenal]. Because the rivalry between the two clubs is very big. I didn't leave the club with a fight, I left the doors open. Everyone knew the conditions, I really wanted to stay [at Chelsea].”

How many times does Thomas have to take down Pepe to get a card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Whatever about his performances there is no doubt Willian is a consummate professional. No way he would be getting minutes if he wasn't working hard in training and committed to the cause.

Whatever about his performances there is no doubt Willian is a consummate professional. No way he would be getting minutes if he wasn't working hard in training and committed to the cause.

Give me the money, I'll go and I'll work twice as hard as him in training.

Doesn't mean I should be starting for Arsenal. Willian isn't up to it.

How many times does Thomas have to take down Pepe to get a card

He finally got it.

Did Thomas even pretend to attempt to play the ball there? About time.

• Advertisement

We deserved that

1-1, Luiz goal, Willian assist.

Another Willian assist, he's a new man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Smashing goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Hate the Xhaka at LB experiment to allow Tierney bomb fwd. So much more vulnerable down our left side than our right in most games.

The goal was awful on so many counts, thought we got a gift with the penalty but free kick was the right decision.

Need to keep giving Pepe the ball, has the beating of his man every time and now he's on a yellow

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement