Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deore M615 left brake

• 29-11-2020 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Had a dance with a tree earlier and ended up snapping the brake clamp. Anyone have one of these older Deore units gathering dust in their spares box? Left side

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sounds like a good opportunity to upgrade ;) I recently put a set of magura MT5 on and they're deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Plastik

Would you believe I've a new bike arriving tomorrow, so spending money on a nice upgrade for this one isn't a top priority, just get it back running!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭covey123

Plastik wrote: »
    Would you believe I've a new bike arriving tomorrow, so spending money on a nice upgrade for this one isn't a top priority, just get it back running!

What have you got arriving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Plastik

Actually found an old M506 brake lever in the shed so bled that on at lunchtime. Feels fine on the ubiquitous cycle around in circles in front of the house test.

New bike, picked up a 2021 Giant Trance X3 from Bike24. They had one single size XL in stock, took a chance on the sizing. Bigger, obviously, than the large 2016 Kona that I've been riding for the last 12 months, but not massively so, and I always felt the Kona was a bit small. I'd be borderline L/XL on most brands.

rEAgrUTl.jpg

9AE5q9dl.jpg

Advertisement