Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total newbie looking to invest any advice welcome

Options
  • 29-11-2020 10:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Have a small amount I'm willing to invest or risk say 500 max
    Also currently have time being off work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

if you are talking about all of it on crypto, then if it was me I would probably go 50-75% on Bitcoin, 10-15% on ETH, balance on Chainlink

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    if you are talking about all of it on crypto, then if it was me I would probably go 50-75% on Bitcoin, 10-15% on ETH, balance on Chainlink

Well Cyrpto is an option it seems the future and also a place with growth

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

sasta le wrote: »
    500? A month? A week? Total? What does the rest of your portfolio look like and what is your risk appetite? One suggestion without knowing specifics:

1. Shares - 70%
    2. Crypto - 30% BTC/ETH/Alts (70/20/10)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Buy a small bit every week.

Look at running nodes and making some crypto for free. I have my theta edge node running 24/7 collecting some tfuel.

Use the brave browser to collect some BAT. It's small but adds up over time.

Stick to the top of the market for 90% of your portfolio where btc should dominate. Also if you want to make money prepare to be patient and hold long term

500? A month? A week? Total? What does the rest of your portfolio look like and what is your risk appetite? One suggestion without knowing specifics:

1. Shares - 70%
    2. Crypto - 30% BTC/ETH/Alts (70/20/10)
    I'm willing to risk 500 upfront to maybe get a feel for it for maybe 2_3 months
    Never invested before

• Advertisement

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Buy a small bit every week.

Look at running nodes and making some crypto for free. I have my theta edge node running 24/7 collecting some tfuel.

Use the brave browser to collect some BAT. It's small but adds up over time.

Stick to the top of the market for 90% of your portfolio where btc should dominate. Also if you want to make money prepare to be patient and hold long term

Thanks
    I'm willing to put in a bit as I said to get a feel for it.Deffo willing to go long term with it
    Any good guides for basics?Or how to buy etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭el diablo

Thanks
    I'm willing to put in a bit as I said to get a feel for it.Deffo willing to go long term with it

Here is a decent introductory guide for beginners.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Thanks

Key bit of advice is not to rush it. Watch videos, read guides. Stick to the main exchanges for now, I'd recommend the Coinbase or Kraken exchanges as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Thanks

For beginners Coinbase is a good place to start buying but over time you will use cheaper exchanges like Binance.

Get used to sending and receiving but don't do it often. Network fees can be few euros.

Invest in a hardware wallet in the next few months when you have a bigger bag.

There is a lot of shillers in the space, so don't fall for the newest in thing. Most alts are pump and dumps. Projects are in the top 10 for a reason. Also look at bitcoins dominance of the market.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    For beginners Coinbase is a good place to start buying but over time you will use cheaper exchanges like Binance.

Get used to sending and receiving but don't do it often. Network fees can be few euros.

Invest in a hardware wallet in the next few months when you have a bigger bag.

There is a lot of shillers in the space, so don't fall for the newest in thing. Most alts are pump and dumps. Projects are in the top 10 for a reason. Also look at bitcoins dominance of the market.
    Thanks you.Any reading videos or podcasts is recommended

• Advertisement
Advertisement