Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Outdoor Camera's & Rain

• 30-11-2020 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭

534653.JPG

Folks, any suggestions on how to avoid this? For as long as it rains the view remains obscured. It's a little inconvenient as you can imagine.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

I wonder if you could spray it with the stuff you get for your car windscreen. hydrophobic stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I wonder if you could spray it with the stuff you get for your car windscreen. hydrophobic stuff....

I had been thinking similar but wasn't sure what it may or may not do to the lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

My Nest outdoor cam is tucked under the root eave, and it doesn't suffer too much from this issue. My Nest Hello doorbell on the other hand is a bit more exposed and can suffer the same problem (depending on the rain direction!).

Would it help if your camera was lower down, therefore allowing the lens to be in a more vertical position to allow for quicker rain run off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

JDxtra wrote: »
    My Nest outdoor cam is tucked under the root eave, and it doesn't suffer too much from this issue. My Nest Hello doorbell on the other hand is a bit more exposed and can suffer the same problem (depending on the rain direction!).

Would it help if your camera was lower down, therefore allowing the lens to be in a more vertical position to allow for quicker rain run off?

I actually have it under the eaves so it has some level of protection. I might do as you suggest though and alter its position to see if that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement