Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS app - can't enter decimal point

Options
  • 30-11-2020 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I was trying to pay a credit card bill using the iOS app this morning and the keypad presented didn't include a decimal point so I couldn't enter the correct amount.

Even worse, I tried pasting in the total from another app, and it just ignored the decimal and entered all the digits. So if I hadn't been paying attention, instead of €123.45 it would have transferred €12,345

Is this by design or a bug?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

CupawnTae wrote: »
    I was trying to pay a credit card bill using the iOS app this morning and the keypad presented didn't include a decimal point so I couldn't enter the correct amount.

Even worse, I tried pasting in the total from another app, and it just ignored the decimal and entered all the digits. So if I hadn't been paying attention, instead of €123.45 it would have transferred €12,345

Hi CupawnTae,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. When adding a payee, there should be a decimal/full stop button to the bottom left of the keypad beside the 0. This would be how to enter a decimal amount.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

Hi CupawnTae,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. When adding a payee, there should be a decimal/full stop button to the bottom left of the keypad beside the 0. This would be how to enter a decimal amount.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard
    In fact, there isn't a button. There's a decimal point without a button. A lone decimal point floating there like an orphan. And it's quite difficult to see iOS dark mode. It's like a speck of dirt on the screen. 

Except when it's not there at all. Try this: Go into the app and start to make a payment. Touch the amount field. Swipe up slightly and hold to see other apps, chose another app. Use the same step to get back to the BOI app. Oops, the hard-to-see decimal is gone altogether.

So, as you correctly say, there should be a button. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

steve-o wrote: »

Hi CupawnTae,

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard
    In fact, there isn't a button. There's a decimal point without a button. A lone decimal point floating there like an orphan. And it's quite difficult to see iOS dark mode. It's like a speck of dirt on the screen. 

Except when it's not there at all. Try this: Go into the app and start to make a payment. Touch the amount field. Swipe up slightly and hold to see other apps, chose another app. Use the same step to get back to the BOI app. Oops, the hard-to-see decimal is gone altogether.

So, as you correctly say, there should be a button. 
    Thanks for getting back to us on this. 

We really appreciate your feedback on this and we'll be sure to share this with our app development team to look into. 

We hope you have been able to make this transfer. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AsiaSin

What about app development teams? I think this is an integral part of any development... I read about it on the Cleveroad website

Advertisement