Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which model DS is this??

Options
  • 30-11-2020 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Anybody in the know please help! I have been kindly gifted this for my son and would like to buy the minecraft game for him. I have tryed googling but it seems this could either be a 2DS or 3DS XL. It's an older model so finding it hard to match to something online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

no picture attached..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kazzehh

Added now :) 1st time adding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

new 2ds xl.

edit. its the newest and last model that has been released, think 2 years ago.

you can buy minecraft from the eshop as fair as i know. But you need to set up an eshop account. Pretty straight forward from the eshop app on the 2ds, just follow the steps

Thanks so much for the info :) if I buy through the eshop it will be a code or download or sometching? I was hoping to get the physical game, especially as it's second hand console would prefer for him to get the game itself. Any ideas where I could pick one up? Quick search just now doesn't show any of the toy shops selling them :o

Kazzehh wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the info :) if I buy through the eshop it will be a code or download or sometching? I was hoping to get the physical game, especially as it's second hand console would prefer for him to get the game itself. Any ideas where I could pick one up? Quick search just now doesn't show any of the toy shops selling them :o

Minecraft was released on cartridge a few years back, but very hard to find now.
    Best bet is to buy it from the eshop and it will download onto the system ready to be played. It will probably be full price or more if you want it on a cartridge.

I'd recommend getting it on the eshop, and pick up Super Mario 3D Land physically. Thats a great game to have physically. The Lugis Mansions games are great too.

Actually, just check CEX website, they have an Irish site, and you can get all the 3DS games second hand a decent prices (except minecraft, thats not even listed on their website).

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Just be aware, Nintendo games generally dont go down too much in price like other systems, thats the only downfall of playing Nintendo games and systems. Sometimes Nintendo re-release their popular games as 'Select' titles, can find them cheaper, only a small amount of these titles tho.

Pokemon, if he likes Pokemon, expect to be paying high prices for those games for the 3ds, and even the previous generation DS games too (the 3ds is backwards compatible with the DS games). My Nephew has just got into pokemon this past year, second hand games can still go for as much as €50. Just an FYI.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for your response. Super helpful, I really appreciate it:) I will get the minecraft for him on eshop and pick up a few others on cex website. Found some nice vinyl minecraft stickers on amazon that I can decorate a case with and he will be delighted and none the wiser :cool:

Kazzehh wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your response. Super helpful, I really appreciate it:) I will get the minecraft for him on eshop and pick up a few others on cex website. Found some nice vinyl minecraft stickers on amazon that I can decorate a case with and he will be delighted and none the wiser :cool:

Haha thats perfect!

Advertisement