Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Click&Go - Anyone get cash refund rather than credit note now that 9 months passed?

Options
  • 30-11-2020 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I booked a €1500 holiday back in January for Easter through flyshannon/clickandgo. They've been fobbing me off on the voucher thing which I'm refusing as I need the cash. I've read in several places that they have to give a refund after 9 months from the booking date, its now been 10+ months. Their craftily worded emails make it sound like the clock was ticking from an email they sent me in June, but Irish times articles etc make it sound like its the booking date. Gov.ie is typically vague, only mentioning the 9 months as far as I can see.

So, has anyone management to get a refund rather than voucher from Click&go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I've no idea about Click&Go but I had paid for a hotel who promised a refund which never materialised so I contacted my bank who initiated a chargeback which is currently underway.

Have you tried that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Zakmackraken

I actually just kicked off that process today and I'm fed up with it, it's through revolut and I don't feel confident and they mention 30-60 days. How long have you been waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I'm not gone past the 9 months yet, but have been arguing with them since August to get a refund. They keep fobbing me off with the 9 months thing, but I'm not happy with the credit note and Citizens advice states that:
    You do not have to accept a refund credit note and can insist on getting a full refund.

I'm not too bad as it was only the deposit (€600) tied up, despite them pressuring me to pay the full amount prior to August (almost 4k) and I would be refunded if the holiday didn't happen :rolleyes:

I know they were swamped given the circumstances, but reducing the phone hours and pushing everything to email with a 2-3 week wait for a response (back in August/September) was painful. Credit note is useless to me as I'll never book with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I actually just kicked off that process today and I'm fed up with it, it's through revolut and I don't feel confident and they mention 30-60 days. How long have you been waiting?

About 40 days so far, I rang the bank last week for an update and they'd received correspondence and said it shouldn't be much longer.

I'm confident I'll get the money back, either from the hotel, the bank or my travel insurance I just need to follow the various processes. It's annoying but I'm lucky that I don't need the money right now.

What pushed me over the edge was all the Black Friday marketing emails trying to get me to buy another holiday AND the fact that they promise speedy bookings even over the phone. So the understaffed thing is all a con. It’s a management policy, do not let cash go out the door, **** consumer rights.
    I'm not gone past the 9 months yet, but have been arguing with them since August to get a refund. They keep fobbing me off with the 9 months thing, but I'm not happy with the credit note and Citizens advice states that:

I'm not too bad as it was only the deposit (€600) tied up, despite them pressuring me to pay the full amount prior to August (almost 4k) and I would be refunded if the holiday didn't happen :rolleyes:

I know they were swamped given the circumstances, but reducing the phone hours and pushing everything to email with a 2-3 week wait for a response (back in August/September) was painful. Credit note is useless to me as I'll never book with them again.

• Advertisement

I have been of the same mind until I got Black Friday emails from them, thanks for the reminder click and go!
    Smee_Again wrote: »
    About 40 days so far, I rang the bank last week for an update and they'd received correspondence and said it shouldn't be much longer.

I'm confident I'll get the money back, either from the hotel, the bank or my travel insurance I just need to follow the various processes. It's annoying but I'm lucky that I don't need the money right now.

Advertisement