Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R Awards 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I voted a while back but it looks like there's some unsung heroes that I voted for so I'll just list the ones that differ somewhat from the main trends -

2. Log of the Year - Mellow Yellow / MY BADs log
    4. Newcomer of the Year. - I took it as new to logging - Sacksian. Although Hannibal Smith should get an honourable mention.
    5. Most Improved Runner of the Year - Crisco. Ridiculous half marathon performance pushing a buggy.
    10. Performance of the year - Lainey's half marathon effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

I voted too and looks like much the same the same suspects as others have voted and thanks all for an entertaining year for a newbie to the forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Extremely late to the table here...would help if I did more than look at my subscribed posts when I check into boards.

1. Poster of the Year.

ooNegative

2. Log of the Year.

Murph_D - Last of the Summer Wine.

3. Thread of the Year.

5K TT thread.

4. Newcomer of the Year.

No idea

5. Most Improved Runner of the Year.

No idea

6. Race Report of the Year(Real or Virtual).

Murph_D race report(s) from DVM

7. Race of the Year(Real or Virtual).

5K TT from first lockdown

8. Post of the Year.

Duanington on the late great Pat Hooper

9. Comeback Runner of the Year.

Aquinn

10. Performance of the Year.

Aquinn going well over 1000 miles for year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

If we keep posting our votes on here there'll be nothing left for B to do next week! We'll know all the results. Lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If we keep posting our votes on here there'll be nothing left for B to do next week! We'll know all the results. Lol

I think its good to kep the thread going and also give people some ideas for threads/logs/races/perfromances they may have overlooked when making their own votes.

Having said that a few categories do look like foregone conclusions!

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think its good to kep the thread going and also give people some ideas for threads/logs/races/perfromances they may have overlooked when making their own votes.

Having said that a few categories do look like foregone conclusions!

Only one man winning poster of the Year and only one woman winning comeback! Both fully justified by the way and both got my vote :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

How does B vote. Does he have to send a DM to himself?

Murph_D wrote: »
    How does B vote. Does he have to send a DM to himself?

And gives himself a bollocking for leaving it last minute......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

And gives himself a bollocking for leaving it last minute......

At least I don’t need permission off my missus to post on Boards......

Close of votes is midnight my time Sunday so 11pm for rest of ye.

1. Poster of the Year.

Swashbuckler- be it advice on training or runners or cheap deals on same I think he’s been the most consistent poster on the A/R forum in 2020, always has good advice and imparts it in a decent way.

2. Log of the Year.

AMK- it’s like that old wine saying isn’t it, he just keeps getting better. It’s a log with super training, real life issues and some comedy and is acquired reading for me. Helps he’s probably one of the nicest blokes I’ve had pleasure of meeting through running(wouldn’t tell him to his face though).

3. Thread of the Year.

1 mile TT - P & S had a tough job to follow after the 5k but pulled it off with ease, great banter on the thread and they even coaxed some Boards legends out of hibernation to take part. A thread of over 1,000 posts speaks volumes.

4. Newcomer of the Year.

Beginner Runner - one of few new comers to the forum this year that has engaged and kept the log going. We need more of this behavior.

5. Most Improved Runner of the Year.

Laineyfrecks - never anybody else, the ladies appetite for training and running should be bottled!! She’s had a super year with no pandemic slowing her down. PB’s from 1 mile to HM is some going not to mention she has to put up with old Scaldy training her to!!

6. Race Report of the Year(Real or Virtual).

Murph_D - another cert for me, the report was every bit as epic as his performance!! He’s a tough old cookie who’s talent for writing is a joy to read. Another one of the good guys.

7. Race of the Year(Real or Virtual).

Abstaining here.

8. Post of the Year.

Hannibal Smith for her comment on the 5k thread, that comment alone made the whole thread for me!!

9. Comeback Runner of the Year.

TbL - what he’s gone through to get back logging miles of any kind is testament to his thickness and dedication to running. I know how much he loves running so he gets my vote. He’s back logging to which is big boost to the forum.

10. Performance of the Year.

CBG’s VDCM - running solo in Roscommon is a horrible experience at best of times but to do it and run a comfortable sub 3 marathon in the process is some going. Plus not many lads can run a sub 3 with their head on upside down!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

OOnegative wrote: »
    Plus not many lads can run a sub 3 with their head on upside down!!!

Ya are certainly getting marathon mileage out of that joke!

I’m only jealous truth be told.

Aww shucks. I always said you were a decent fella B.

Less than 3 hours my time.

Shut, few who have voted on the thread but sent no PM, yiz votes don’t count!!!

Landslides in a fair few categories, votes via PM piss poor again(sorry).

Happy Christmas to you all, it’s been a tough year for us runners and as it looks 2021 isn’t looking much better. Keep doing what you are doing guys, I hope we all tow the line of a race somewhere soon!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

OOnegative wrote: »
    Shut, few who have voted on the thread but sent no PM, yiz votes don’t count!!!

Landslides in a fair few categories, votes via PM piss poor again(sorry).

Happy Christmas to you all, it’s been a tough year for us runners and as it looks 2021 isn’t looking much better. Keep doing what you are doing guys, I hope we all tow the line of a race somewhere soon!!!
    Im voting for donadea50k in all catogarys :)

UM1 wrote: »
    Im voting for donadea50k in all catogarys :)

Happy Christmas A!!