Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

This is silly folks, I don't want Billy Burns starting tomorrow as I don't think he is good enough. Would prefer to see Harry Byrne or Ross Byrne starting with the other one on the bench.

Like em or not we have clearly defined rules as to who can play for Ireland......Billy Burns can play for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Rugby4568

Would be funny if Burns ends up scoring a hat trick tomorrow, gets every single kick, scores 30+ points and wins man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Rugby4568 wrote: »
    Would be funny if Burns ends up scoring a hat trick tomorrow, gets every single kick, scores 30+ points and wins man of the match.

They’ll keep quite until he has a bad game and then come out and say “see told you he wasnt international standard”

Lkjhgfkgtjr

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Did your “connection” tell you this is happening?

Hello Paddy Power? Yes, it’s me again. I’d like to put the house on Burns. Evens? Stick the kids on too so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    They’ll keep quite until he has a bad game and then come out and say “see told you he wasnt international standard”

To be honest he will have a bad day at the office. There is no other possibility. But it will not be his fault. No more than any other 9 or 10 in this country you never get a chance. I know folks consider Cooney. But Marmion is so much better. But instead we have a secondary choice and a novice. You couldn't write this stuff.

.ak wrote: »
    Did your “connection” tell you this is happening?

Hello Paddy Power? Yes, it’s me again. I’d like to put the house on Burns. Evens? Stick the kids on too so.

I haven’t been wrong yet :)
    If you check on another forum I was right about the team in the first game and also got the team right for the second game too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I'm a xenophobic moron. I hate Liverpool f.c. I hate the Red Sox. I hate morbidly obese ladies in bikinis. I hate South Park. Guily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Earls has no purpose in a international team other than if the opposition is Italy. Lowe is just a pointless exercise. He will be run around for the day. Jgp, honestly how is that our choice over Murray.

So we do get Rhyss but we also get Stander. That is going to be so slow all day. I'm no genius at rugby but honest to the divine jesus. This will not end well

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I'm a xenophobic moron. I hate Liverpool f.c. I hate the Red Sox. I hate morbidly obese ladies in bikinis. I hate South Park. Guily

I’m transphobic because I’ve a fear of transformations and I’m homophobic because I’ve an extreme fear towards men. Homo is a Latin word that means man and phobic means having or involving an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something. So therefore I’m homophobic because I’m scared of men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭TRC10

I’m transphobic because I’ve a fear of transformations and I’m homophobic because I’ve an extreme fear towards men. Homo is a Latin word that means man and phobic means having or involving an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something. So therefore I’m homophobic because I’m scared of men.

I'm racist because I tore my ACL during the 100m at sports day when I was 12. The 100m is a type of race and I actively hate that particular type of race because of that rather unfortunate experience. Therefore I am racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

TRC10 wrote: »
    I'm racist because I tore my ACL during the 100m at sports day when I was 12. The 100m is a type of race and I actively hate that particular type of race because of that rather unfortunate experience. Therefore I am racist.

You should have done a better warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    This is silly folks, I don't want Billy Burns starting tomorrow as I don't think he is good enough. Would prefer to see Harry Byrne or Ross Byrne starting with the other one on the bench.

Like em or not we have clearly defined rules as to who can play for Ireland......Billy Burns can play for Ireland.

Do you watch much if ulster or Connaught by any chance? Do you really believe the 3 leinster out halves are the 3 best in the country? What have you seen from burns that has told you he's not good enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    But Marmion is so much better.

The same Marmion who can't make the 9 Jersey his own in Connacht?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

UAEguy2020 wrote: »

There’s a cohort that will wait in the long grass. But that’s true of any player. The majority would obviously be delighted to see that scenario happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

mfceiling wrote: »
    The same Marmion who can't make the 9 Jersey his own in Connacht?

Not that I agree with anything the poster you quoted ever says but that's hardly a criticism on Marmion when Blade has been so good. 9 is probably Connacht's strongest position with two very good senior options and an excellent talent coming through in Reilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I used to love popping into this thread for a good read of all the various opinions on what’s good and bad in Irish rugby. The last week has been utter torture scrolling through some of the nonsense. I can’t believe there are real people who actually believe the things they write on here. Absolute tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Bazzo wrote: »
    Not that I agree with anything the poster you quoted ever says but that's hardly a criticism on Marmion when Blade has been so good. 9 is probably Connacht's strongest position with two very good senior options and an excellent talent coming through in Reilly.

Completely agreed.

I think Blade has to be the hardest done by of anyone at the moment, he has looked so good at times. I'd have him starting today, myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I used to love popping into this thread for a good read of all the various opinions on what’s good and bad in Irish rugby. The last week has been utter torture scrolling through some of the nonsense. I can’t believe there are real people who actually believe the things they write on here. Absolute tripe

Happens every year when the 6 nations is on unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

stephen_n wrote: »
    Happens every year when the 6 nations is on unfortunately.

And Summer tour and Autumn Internationals and World Cup and Loins tour. Definitely feels worse this year or at the very least it feels like there's more of it consistently from more accounts. Notice I say I accounts not people. I've started skipping to the last page and going back one or two. Its a waste of time to try and keep up with the muck in this thread haven't noticed it spreading to the other main threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm no psychologist, but I reckon someone has an unhealthy relationship with rugby if they are posting rants at 2am all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Looking forward to seeing Casey play today, hope he gets some time against Dupont so he can see the guy at full speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Poorside wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Casey play today, hope he gets some time against Dupont so he can see the guy at full speed.

I'm intrigued to see how many minutes he'll get. JGP only came on quite late against Wales.

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    Earls has no purpose in a international team other than if the opposition is Italy. Lowe is just a pointless exercise. He will be run around for the day. Jgp, honestly how is that our choice over Murray.

So we do get Rhyss but we also get Stander. That is going to be so slow all day. I'm no genius at rugby but honest to the divine jesus. This will not end well

Murray is injured, if you're going to crap on a pick, at least have the decency to find out about it.
    Who would you pick instead of Earls and Lowe?

I'm intrigued to see how many minutes he'll get. JGP only came on quite late against Wales.

I have a feeling it won't be very long unless the game is done dusted one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Bazzo wrote: »
    Jack Carty was goal kicking ahead of Cooney at Connacht!(and still is ahead of Tom Daly)

When I say "Irish obsession" I include the provinces. The kicking is almost always the duty of the 10 and there's not a single doubt in my mind that the 10 is not always the best kicker.

Ringrose has a particularly sweet strike of the ball, never seen him miss from admittedly limited showing but a lot of them were tough kicks. And I believe his schools record was fairly immaculate too?

I remember watching schools rugby and thinking Ringrose seemed a better kicker then Ross Byrne, I actually thought when they went on to play U20 for Ireland that Ringrose would be the first choice kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I think we're really going to put it up to France. For whatever reason, they haven't been great against us in recent years. They rely on moments of individual brilliance rather than dominating us.

Smart money says that France will win but it's going to be close, I reckon. I think a couple of people are going to have to have brilliant games but every player on the field has that capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    I think we're really going to put it up to France. For whatever reason, they haven't been great against us in recent years. They rely on moments of individual brilliance rather than dominating us.

Smart money says that France will win but it's going to be close, I reckon. I think a couple of people are going to have to have brilliant games but every player on the field has that capability.

Yeah I was happy with how the forwards went last week. If they deliver a performance along those lines again and guys like Henshaw, Ringrose and Keenan are as good too then France shouldn't have it all their own way. Although our half backs aren't as good so we may not be in it at half time the same way as the 6Ns.

The issue for me is the bench. Like October we are missing a good few guys, which we should be able to get away with to a point. But I think we'll struggle in the second half, similar to last time, because the bench isn't great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

I'm no psychologist, but I reckon someone has an unhealthy relationship with rugby if they are posting rants at 2am all the time.

Or they don’t live in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

nerd69 wrote: »
    Do you watch much if ulster or Connaught by any chance? Do you really believe the 3 leinster out halves are the 3 best in the country? What have you seen from burns that has told you he's not good enough?

Watched every Ulster game this year, don't rate Burns at all. If I was coaching Ulster Madigan is my number one up there.

Carty is way ahead of Burns in my opinion but I have Sexton and the two Byrnes ahead of him just about, close call mind you. With JGP starting and the 12 and 13 from Leinster too that just pushes a close call for me.

Look good luck to Bully Burns today, hope he proves me wrong.

Advertisement