Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options
1115111521153115411551157»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/he-cant-tie-victors-shoelaces-springboks-legend-and-coach-launch-stunning-attack-on-sam-warburton-and-ireland

This is absolutely bizarre.

They dug up some random comment from Sam Warburton (who, last time I checked is not Irish) from February, and proceeded to launch into a pretty bitter rant against Ireland.

No one in the Ireland camp is taking their bait so they’re going down into the archives looking for something, anything to be angry about.

The host is trying his best in fairness but this deBruin character says that we’re third or fourth best in the world “if we’re lucky” and actually SA didn’t want to beat us in the RWC.

Victor Matfield is just… I don’t know if there’s any other word but bitter.

What is wrong with these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Would anyone know which pub(s) near Marlay Park will be showing the Ireland game on Saturday? Going to Kings of Leon but hoping to catch the game close to the venue first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

My Guess

South Africa: Team named tomorrow at 1pm.

Willie le Roux; Kurt-Lee Arendse, Jesse Kriel, Damian de Allende, Cheslin Kolbe; Handre Pollard, Faf de Klerk; Ox Nche, Bongi Mbonambi, Frans Malherbe; Eben Etzebeth, Franco Mostert; Siya Kolisi (capt), Pieter-Steph du Toit, Evan Roos.

Reps: Malcolm Marx, Thomas du Toit, Vincent Koch, RG Snyman, Kwagga Smith, Ben-Jason Dixon or Marco van Staden, Grant Williams, Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu.

IRELAND: Team named Thursday.

Jimmy O'Brien; Calvin Nash, Gar®y Ringrose, Bundee Aki, James Lowe; Jack Crowley, Conor Murray; Andrew Porter, Dan Sheehan, Tadhg Furlong; Joe McCarthy, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (capt), Josh van der Flier (Leinster), Caelan Doris.

Reps: Rónan Kelleher, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, Ryan Bird, Cormac Izuchukwu no Tomoney, Craig Casey, Ciarán Frawley.

Score: 28-12

its not going to be epic.

18th July is International Mandela Day. Its only 30 years since the '94 elections.

I've read and heard most of the comments from Matfield, Erasmus, Burger. All are former Springbok who are of Afrikaans heritage and culture and born in the 1970s & early 80's. Huisgenoot magazine is a real hoot.

“We have not taken the final step of our journey, but the first step on a longer and even more difficult road … I have walked that long road to freedom…..”

https://www.un.org/en/exhibits/page/building-legacy-nelson-mandela

“This new slogan (“Forever Green, Forever Gold”) is a commitment to an unwavering dedication to the game and to each other as South Africans,” said Mark Alexander, President of the South African Rugby Union.

“It reflects our firm belief that our strength lies in our unity and diversity. When we come together as one, we are very hard to beat.”

https://www.sarugby.co.za/news-features/articles/2024/07/01/boks-ask-sa-to-go-forever-green-forever-gold/

I'm sure Ireland will get resoundingly beaten, but will at least come away with their dignity intact.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That comment took something of a wild ride. Are you OK?

• Advertisement
Advertisement