Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options
1118411851186118711881190»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Stanley 1

Wingers have many roles to play in defence and attack, he is there to finish off moves created mainly by others and stop his opposite from doing same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Does anyone know where the guidelines for the sanction for the croc roll would be. I'm looking at the laws section on the website but it just says "sanction: penalty" for everything.

I'm trying to get my head around the decision and my best guess is that the croc roll is a penalty on it's own. Dropping your weight onto the lower limb then is dangerous so is a card. Doris was the one who ended up on the leg. It was accidental but he was trying to do something illegal anyway and the outcome was dangerous.

Ryan tried something illegal but he didn't land on the leg so he got away with just the penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

The ref said he collapsed on his leg

Serious risk of injury with that type of tackle so a yellow card. In the WC wasn't a player put out of game because of it?

It was Malcolm Marx as well wasn't it? just back from a serious injury

Yellow card was about right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Yeah I agree with the outcome. I've just seen some people questioning the logic of the ref team when they were choosing who to card. The suggestion was that potentially it should have been two yellow cards.

I'd like to see the specifics of the sanction to make sense of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Don’t think you could give two yellows for one tackle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's precedent from two Italian front rowers getting carded for upending a player a few years ago. Can't remember against whom.

Edit: SA in 2019, but one of the red cards was given by the citing committee

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Madeoface

Still laughing at Kolbe clothes lining himself for frawleys kick.

Should have been a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I think two yellows may have been somewhat harsh as they second player provides some mitigation but one was definitely warranted and both players carried out an illegal action.

From the downfield angle, we can see Doris attempting to roll Marx out and fails to do so but continues his roll, landing on Marx's lower leg. With Marx's leg restricted now somewhat, Ryan carries out an effective croc roll which is now illegal and that's where the somewhat trapped leg gets twisted.

We can see that Marx's heavily strapped knee is the one getting twisted. He did his ACL only last year so I can completely understand his reaction.

If it was two yellows, I don't think it would have been wildly over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Calls online saying it should have been red for Doris are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Interesting video on the value of a drop goal

• Advertisement
Advertisement