Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The only international try he scored so far in the 20/21 season was v Italy. 6 scoreless games..
    3 in the autumn Cup.

Why would you keeping playing him if he's not doing the business...

Because you’re reducing “doing the business” solely to scoring tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

aloooof wrote: »

You'll have more luck reasoning with the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Twist it that way if you need to. That is one of the metrics id use. Another is his bluntness attack.

Some one asked who'd i replace for coombes. It would be pointless to cut loose vdf or connors who play 7. Ruddock and conon are in great form winning man of the match awards for sport.

So naturally id cut stander loose for a younger player coming through who has serious potential. Let's be honest stander isn't going to get any better.. he's past his peak.

Coombes covers the same positions as stander. Has more tries, more mom awards this year and he is the future munster 8.

If you want to stick with a player who's best days are behind him out of blind loyalty best of luck with that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Twist it that way if you need to. That is one of the metrics id use. Another is his bluntness attack.

Some one asked who'd i replace for coombes. It would be pointless to cut loose vdf or connors who play 7. Ruddock and conon are in great form winning man of the match awards for sport.

So naturally id cut stander loose for a younger player coming through who has serious potential. Let's be honest stander isn't going to get any better.. he's past his peak.

Coombes covers the same positions as stander. Has more tries, more mom awards this year and he is the future munster 8.

If you want to stick with a player who's best days are behind him out of blind loyalty best of luck with that.

So we should cut all 30+ players from the squad? Ok...
    You'll have more luck reasoning with the weather

I think I might just have a go at that. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

16838598.jpg

• Advertisement

So we should cut all 30+ players from the squad? Ok...

I think I might just have a go at that. ;)

Did I actually say that? Or is that just how you read it?

What would you suggest, seeing as your opinion must be better than mine, wait for standers form to drop even further keep him as a guaranteed starter until he is 34 or 35 and then have a look at a 28 year old Coombes?

Rotation breeds greater competition for places and improves a squad. Leinster is a great example of this. All blacks too. Kilkenny hurling was another. Dublin football the same.

Waiting for players to play themselves back into form has not worked under farrell

....., seeing as your opinion must be better than mine,....l

why would anyone engage with you when you go on with such childish behaviour???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I find myself doing this almost every day on this thread

zGHQb4O.gif

sydthebeat wrote: »
    why would anyone engage with you when you go on with such childish behaviour???

Maybe because I was genuinely trying to answer a question that was asked on forum and backed up my opinion with some points as to why that's my opinion.

Did you add anything constructive to the discussion on Coombes exclusion? or just edit out a phrase and add a smart comment?

Do you disagree that Coombes is one of the form back rows in the country & should be in the squad when we are already missing the likes of o'mahony Leavy and Doris?

Or are you happy with the panel selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Absolutely excellent piece in today’s sunday indo from Eamonn Sweeney, it echos what I’ve been saying here all
    along (and have received warnings fro. Mods trying to make out I’m racist) in that I do not believe Ireland shoujd be playing rejects from other countries unless they are far and above superior to our home grown players, Lowe Gibson Park and burns are not even as good as the likes of cooney Byrne carty or McGrath so it’s down right wrong that they get playing ahead of these players, this is not being racist or anti diversity (mods please take note) this is about getting the best Irish team on the pitch, this includes the likes of zebo. Gibson Park made a huge mistake last week yet Casey remained on the bench, what sort of a message was that to him from Farrell? I’ll throw you on the bench as a token but I’m sticking with the import. Thinking logically, how can we honestly think we can go well in a World Cup when we are a team full of lads rejected from the countries we hope to beat, this needs to change rapidly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

No...no....no...no...no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Absolutely excellent piece in today’s sunday indo from Eamonn Sweeney, it echos what I’ve been saying here all
    along (and have received warnings fro. Mods trying to make out I’m racist) in that I do not believe Ireland shoujd be playing rejects from other countries unless they are far and above superior to our home grown players, Lowe Gibson Park and burns are not even as good as the likes of cooney Byrne carty or McGrath so it’s down right wrong that they get playing ahead of these players, this is not being racist or anti diversity (mods please take note) this is about getting the best Irish team on the pitch, this includes the likes of zebo. Gibson Park made a huge mistake last week yet Casey remained on the bench, what sort of a message was that to him from Farrell? I’ll throw you on the bench as a token but I’m sticking with the import. Thinking logically, how can we honestly think we can go well in a World Cup when we are a team full of lads rejected from the countries we hope to beat, this needs to change rapidly

You mean the piece that has been criticised by pretty much everybody on Twitter? Or everybody in the wider rugby community?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You know you're clutching at straws to justify your bigotry when you have to rely on the rugby analysis of Eamon Sweeney

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I'd say Casey could be a good chance of a cap against Italy although probably off the bench. James Ryan in the squad, although he might go with Beirne and Henderson again and give Ryan more time to recover from his head injury. Maybe Baird might sneak the bench over Dillane which would be harsh on Dillane but great for us long term. Think Coombes should have been brought in for this game so missed opportunity there. Why Jack Carty isn't in the squad but Burns and Byrne are is beyond me. Clearly a coach afraid to lose his job. Hoping for a nice safe win over Italy and then fluke a win over Scotland or England

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

along (and have received warnings fro. Mods trying to make out I’m racist) in that I do not believe Ireland shoujd be playing (SNIP)

Mod: So you were warned before but felt emboldened enough by a clickbait article that you could ignore the warnings and post it again? Yeah, that's not going to work out for you. Do it again and you can have a holiday from the forum.
    A reminder to all that discussion of project players is not allowed as it almost invariably descends into xenophobia, and we've had our bellyful of that

You mean the piece that has been criticised by pretty much everybody on Twitter? Or everybody in the wider rugby community?

Yea because people on Twitter are experts on everything a bit like the rugby experts on here

You know you're clutching at straws to justify your bigotry when you have to rely on the rugby analysis of Eamon Sweeney

You’re the bigot I’ve seen you post elsewhere saying zebo should never play for Ireland again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Thread has gone off the rails. We need to reset.

Sexton > ROG

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sexton can't control the game.

Bring Dave kearney back into the fold..... He's good at scoring tries

• Advertisement

Tadhg Furlong is just minding the jersey until John Hayes decides to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭TRC10

I think all players should be required to attend an interview with the boards.ie rugby community to determine if they're Irish enough to play for Ireland.

Leinster players care more about Leinster than Ireland. Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 taffey

Didn't Rob Kearney say this about Munster some years ago?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

When is Zebo being drafted in to fix our attack?

Am I doing this right?

Tiernan O'Halloran deserves to start for Ireland ahead of Rob Kearney.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 taffey

Rob Kearney has gone to play for Western Force in Australia!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

taffey wrote: »
    Rob Kearney has gone to play for Western Force in Australia!

So he is getting more game time than future Irish Players...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Leinster players care more about Leinster than Ireland. Sad!

So what you're saying is that the reason we aren't going for the Grand Slam is that Munster don't have a Rob Kearney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Lads, just passed the local church...ye're making the baby jesus cry! ...he was wearing a Jack Carty shirt though..

Advertisement