Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Irelands gonna win this 38 - 8

The tries are going to come from Lowe x 2, stander, JGP, Kelleher and pen try.

the italians are going to be down to 14 men on 2 separate occasions during the game, and their try will come from Negri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Irelands gonna win this 38 - 8

The tries are going to come from Lowe x 2, stander, JGP, Kelleher and pen try.

the italians are going to be down to 14 men on 2 separate occasions during the game, and their try will come from Negri.

My fantasy team is hoping so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

biff-and-biff-2501271.jpg?r=1591345127809

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Whose going to score the tries? Larmour obviously but hard to see any inspiration besides

Just consulted the rulebook there and the player who grounds the ball over the line will indeed score the tries

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Whose going to score the tries? Larmour obviously but hard to see any inspiration besides

What a strange comment player for player from 12-15 this is one of the most talented back lines we've ever had going forward. The system and execution currently has questions but from purely a player perspective the ability to score is fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Dub, do you have someone you can talk to?

Unfortunately, no. The missus thinks I'm juvenile and the kids ignore me.

This game is effectively Leinster vs Zebre and Benetton

so the standard pro 14 outcome can be expected, notwithstanding the different coaching set-ups

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Why would VDF have been released back to Leinster? I don't believe he's short on game time, would Leinster have requested this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Unfortunately, no. The missus thinks I'm juvenile and the kids ignore me.

I see. What about anyone with a professional qualification?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

nerd69 wrote: »
    What a strange comment player for player from 12-15 this is one of the most talented back lines we've ever had going forward. The system and execution currently has questions but from purely a player perspective the ability to score is fantastic

I'm pretty much done with AF after this selection. Lowe shouldn't be allowed near a green shirt ever again, he makes Stockdale's defense look world class. Larmour, absolutely terrible in the air.

Sure they're going to beat Italy, but who cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Why would VDF have been released back to Leinster? I don't believe he's short on game time, would Leinster have requested this?

He's not short on game time now.

But there is no game next week so he would effectively be going into the game against Scotland on the 14th of March having not played in 4 full weeks

I'm pretty much done with AF after this selection. Lowe shouldn't be allowed near a green shirt ever again, he makes Stockdale's defense look world class. Larmour, absolutely terrible in the air.

What a wonderfully entitled comment.

It makes me a bit sad that I support the same team as people as fickle as you

What a wonderfully entitled comment.

It makes me a bit sad that I support the same team as people as fickle as you

Pretty much done with you and your snide remarks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

So who would you have picked on the wings?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah_Right wrote: »

hes obviously going to say daly and earls.
    its pure provincial 'one eyed'ness again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

sydthebeat wrote: »
    hes obviously going to say daly and earls.
    its pure provincial 'one eyed'ness again

conway and earls :D

Yeah_Right wrote: »

Arsebiscuits and your good self.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's fair to say Lowe needs to improve his defence. Ireland also need to get more out of him as a ball carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Lowe does need to improve his defence. Larmour is a bit dodgy under the high ball but I assume that's why he's not playing at FB any more.

But we can't drone on about conservatism of selection but also complain about picking the two most exciting wingers available to us because they make errors. Until we unearth a new winger who's dynamic with the ball and rock solid without it, we have to make compromises.

I mean, of course this is just based on the provincial affiliation of said players but I suppose we can go along with the pretence that it's not.

• Advertisement

Pretty much done with you and your snide remarks too.

Great to hear.

Hide me or just leave if you're so done so.

Neither will impact my ability to sleep tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Wales have literally just won one more game than us at World Cups. They haven't even made a final. They have won ZERO world cups.

The obsession with getting to semi finals is so mad to me. Getting to a semi final in a knockout competition is BARELY better than getting to a quarter final.

One might as well say that losing in a final means nothing either and that France’s record is not much better than ours. If we’d ever managed to get to a semi-final we would definitely still be talking about it.

If Ireland were in Wales' position, Irish fans would just moan that we can only get to semi finals of big competitions and we'll never make a final.

Fans always moan. That’s one of their vital functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Arsebiscuits and your good self.

So I ask a perfectly reasonable question, in a forlorn effort to move the conversation from bitching and moaning to actual rugby discussion. And I get a dickhead response. Thanks. You are a great guy.

Great to hear.

Hide me or just leave if you're so done so.

Neither will impact my ability to sleep tonight

Well to be fair, your posts put everyone to sleep, so not surprising that you sleep well.

Well to be fair, your posts put everyone to sleep, so not surprising that you sleep well.

I don't know why you're getting annoyed with them.

I'M the one who pissed in your cornflakes. Cackling intensifies.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

But we can't drone on about conservatism of selection but also complain about picking the two most exciting wingers available to us because they make errors.

This is the Internet. I think your expectations are set at too high a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Munster brawn and Leinster speed. And while Ulster and Connacht might feel miffed, maybe it's best to play units that know how to play with each other. I hate myself for saying that, but it does seem that integrating players from different provinces all over the pitch is a step too far for our current coaching staff.

• Administrators Posts: 53,821 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lowe does need to improve his defence. Larmour is a bit dodgy under the high ball but I assume that's why he's not playing at FB any more.

But we can't drone on about conservatism of selection but also complain about picking the two most exciting wingers available to us because they make errors. Until we unearth a new winger who's dynamic with the ball and rock solid without it, we have to make compromises.

I mean, of course this is just based on the provincial affiliation of said players but I suppose we can go along with the pretence that it's not.

We have one, his name is Robert Balacoune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    We have one, his name is Robert Balacoune.

And maybe had he not been injured we'd have seen him in green by now. Hopefully he gets a run without injury ahead of whenever the next Irish window is.

Advertisement