Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

sydthebeat wrote:
    Youve gone so far down the rabbit hole you've no idea where you are
    He's asking a question. How is asking a question hyperbole?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Nice to see Ned Flanders on the panel.

Its the worst moustache ive seen in a long time

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Nice to see Ned Flanders on the panel.

I thought it was a piss take with the tash being crooked and the magnificent hair do !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I do hope for his sake its a dare or a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭TRC10

eagle eye wrote: »
    He's asking a question. How is asking a question hyperbole?

He suggested Malins was selected for a try he scored 8 months ago. Hyperbole.

Malins is an excellent player and he's proven it in the Premiership. France was his first start for England. Of course he might look shaky.

I'm more worried with him at 15 than Daly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Billy burns out. Ross Byrne in. Could be another long day for Ross against England.

Sangre wrote: »
    Billy burns out. Ross Byrne in. Could be another long day for Ross against England.

Only if he continues to pass while standing still. It's a strange one, he doesn't do it when playing for Leinster. But when he puts on a green jersey, he just doesn't fix defenders at all.

He has all the skills and the temperament to be a top 10, but it's a glaring issue in his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

You said he plays Worcester Warriors every week, which he does not.

Then it was pointed out he obviously doesn't and even had a big impact in a European game.

Then you claimed someone said he's in the team because he scored a try 8 months ago, which no one did.

I mean if you can't see it, I'd be very concerned for you.

Isn’t that the same thing said when ever any of our young players impress though?

In ONE match and it wasn’t even a high level, it was the challenge cup I.e not the Champions Cup.

That’s essentially what he said, apparently all an Opposition young players on here needs is to impress in one match in his career to prove his credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

TRC10 wrote: »
    Only if he continues to pass while standing still. It's a strange one, he doesn't do it when playing for Leinster. But when he puts on a green jersey, he just doesn't fix defenders at all.

He has all the skills and the temperament to be a top 10, but it's a glaring issue in his game.

Most of the Irish players do things they would never do for their province...

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    Isn’t that the same thing said when ever any of our young players impress though?

In ONE match and it wasn’t even a high level, it was the challenge cup I.e not the Champions Cup.

That’s essentially what he said, apparently all an Opposition young players on here needs is to impress in one match in his career to prove his credentials.

I don't know what you're basing that on. Nobody has ever called for a player to be capped because they had 1 good game for their province. Can you give an example of a player who had 1 good game and had calls to player for Ireland?

Malins has been consistently very good for Saracens and Bristol over the last few years.

And I'd say a Challenge Cup final is probably on par with a Championship Cup group game in terms of level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

So Malins is out...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    Yup. We'd be far better off with Daly at 15 on current form and someone like Lawrence in the centre.

If this doesn't get proven right now, this man should be banned

So Malins is out...

Eddie Jones pulling the old O'Mahony for Heaslip "injury" trick from 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think this move improves the England backline tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I think this move improves the England backline tbh.

Daly has had an awful tournament at fullback.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Hope I’m wrong but have a feeling it’s going to be a long day in the office for ireland today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Eddie Jones pulling the old O'Mahony for Heaslip "injury" trick from 2017

Some trick!! Heaslip never played again as far as I recall.

Some trick!! Heaslip never played again as far as I recall.

Yeah was the one that ended him.

I assume the post was ironic, in reference to Kimmage making a twat of himself over it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I don't know what you're basing that on. Nobody has ever called for a player to be capped because they had 1 good game for their province. Can you give an example of a player who had 1 good game and had calls to player for Ireland?

Malins has been consistently very good for Saracens and Bristol over the last few years.

And I'd say a Challenge Cup final is probably on par with a Championship Cup group game in terms of level.

James Ryan and Ryan Baird

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If this doesn't get proven right now, this man should be banned

Ah well.

I've had a good run.

• Advertisement

James Ryan and Ryan Baird

James Ryan never played a game for his province before playing for Ireland, so how could there have been calls for him to be included based on a game for his province?

Well, it's finally happened. Chatting with teammates (mostly French plus a few Aussies and Kiwis) earlier and while hardly any of them can bring themselves to even watch the match more of them want England to win than Ireland.

Well, it's finally happened. Chatting with teammates (mostly French plus a few Aussies and Kiwis) earlier and while hardly any of them can bring themselves to even watch the match more of them want England to win than Ireland.

How have you managed to turn so many against us?!

How have you managed to turn so many against us?!

I forgot to bring cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Cave saying what the rest of us were saying every time we played England.
    Huge space behind a rush defence and we never kick in to that open grass.
    Shovelling the ball into midfield and getting creamed for 80 minutes is a joke.
    Some much green to be exploited by little dinks and grubbers. Start making them turn and put some hesitation into their decision making.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

And while hardly any of them can bring themselves to even watch the match .

To be honest, I'm almost at that stage myself.

Almost but not quite. The prospect of watching England pummel Ireland again doesn't fill me with joy though.

Here's hoping it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭tbm

Didn’t see much vim in that Irish team running out.

They look a beaten already.

It’s going to be a long afternoon but I hope they put in a
    performance for CJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 backcamslua

kilns wrote: »
    What I said earlier is our lack of depth and quality at winger is alarming when Earls is still first choice winger

I would feel a bit silly myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Thanks a was fckin lucky!!

Advertisement