Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Sounds like a Test against Japan is in the offing:

https://twitter.com/CianTracey1/status/1391686817712332801

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

That's great. Japan match should be a good test.

RTÉ are going to be back showing 6N.
    Most importantly it will remain FTA.
    For now....
    https://twitter.com/IrishRugby/status/1391683320610689024?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

aloooof wrote: »
    Sounds like a Test against Japan is in the offing:

https://twitter.com/CianTracey1/status/1391686817712332801

This will be a fascinating game. Will Ireland look to up the tempo or physically dominate?

Chance for a bit of revenge either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I hope Japan continue to be a team capable of turning us over. Be great for the game to have them as a legit top team, and it makes for more interesting matches in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

hahashake wrote: »

There's no chance for revenge because Ireland have never lost to Japan. If you think you remember a game where Ireland lost to Japan, then you are mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

hahashake wrote: »
    This will be a fascinating game. Will Ireland look to up the tempo or physically dominate?

They beat us when it mattered. We gain nothing by beating them in a meaningless friendly. Nobody will feel any better about the RWC if we win this game, I dont think revenge is on the menu at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Quinn roux leaving ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Quinn roux leaving ireland

Yes indeed, most likely off to France.
    He's 30 & at his peak as a lock..a 2-3 year contract at Toulouse or Lyon will set him up financially before he returns home.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They beat us when it mattered. We gain nothing by beating them in a meaningless friendly. Nobody will feel any better about the RWC if we win this game, I dont think revenge is on the menu at all.

Really?

Given the fury I felt as I stropped out of that stadium in Hamamatsu I can quite categorically say it ain't meaningless and I want us to thump them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Never in doubt.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

One year. Well that is strange. Good news though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Sanjuro wrote: »

It's only a year though....so it's quite likely he'll be moving on the season after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭TRC10

It's only a year though....so it's quite likely he'll be moving on the season after.

He'll be able to demand an astronomical sum a year out from the WC. The IRFU will probably have some more money then with fans back in stadiums and Healy, Earls and Sexton riding off into the sunset and freeing up some funds.

If he is definitely leaving next summer we should have just let him go now and hopefully got him back for the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

TRC10 wrote: »
    He'll be able to demand an astronomical sum a year out from the WC. The IRFU will probably have some more money then with fans back in stadiums and Healy, Earls and Sexton riding off into the sunset and freeing up some funds.

If he is definitely leaving next summer we should have just let him go now and hopefully got him back for the WC.

Furlong is playing the payday in 12 months time game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If he stays fit and starts another Lions series, he'll be one of the best paid in the world upon his next deal.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Furlong is playing the payday in 12 months time game

Who can blame him. He's probably the most valuable player in the world given his position and just how good he is.

In fact I'd argue he's in the top 2 players in the world.

Other than Furlong and Dupont, name a player who is the undisputed best in their position and as far ahead of the 2nd best as they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

Just let him leave and keep picking him for Ireland, he's an exception to the rule.

Just let him leave and keep picking him for Ireland, he's an exception to the rule.

No lets not let one of our best ever players leave

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Who can blame him. He's probably the most valuable player in the world given his position and just how good he is.

Other than Furlong and Dupont, name a player who is the undisputed best in their position and as far ahead of the 2nd best as they are...

I think this is pretty accurate tbh. Kolbe would come to mind, but it's in a much less influential position than either Furlong and Dupont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

If he stays fit and starts another Lions series, he'll be one of the best paid in the world upon his next deal.

And rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

who is the undisputed best in their position and as far ahead of the 2nd best as they are...

James Ryan Will Skelton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

name a player who is the undisputed best in their position and as far ahead of the 2nd best as they are...
    emily scarratt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sam Simmonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I would say that's exactly what will happen in a years time.
    1 year is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

I never understand how with Munster you get the JP's of this world picking up the tab for certain players yet no Leinster types do the same. It could easily solve the salary issue with Furlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I never understand how with Munster you get the JP's of this world picking up the tab for certain players yet no Leinster types do the same. It could easily solve the salary issue with Furlong.

thats how sexton came back i think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Leinster have had private investment in the past, I think the training centre in UCD was built with a 7-figure donation from someone or other. Sexton possibly had some private investment for his contract after Racing, but going from memory there and open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Yes indeed, most likely off to France.
    He's 30 & at his peak as a lock..a 2-3 year contract at Toulouse or Lyon will set him up financially before he returns home.

Roux confirmed in his statement earlier that his intention is to return to Ireland to live/settle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Leinster have had private investment in the past, I think the training centre in UCD was built with a 7-figure donation from someone or other. Sexton possibly had some private investment for his contract after Racing, but going from memory there and open to correction.

I am pretty sure Denis O'Brien picked up Sexton and Heaslip's top ups back in the day. Back when he was paying Martin O'Neil and naming science buildings after himself to try and rehabilitate his image.

Advertisement