Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

READ SUMMARY IN POST 986 - Amazon.uk Post-Brexit

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ric.ie wrote: »
    I saw! It still doesn't make sense to me though. From reading the Revenue website, An Post postage fees seem to be VAT exempt.

Is that not postal shipments in Ireland?

Despite An Post show AddressPal charges as VAT inclusive, I don’t think there is any VAT on a transaction from outside the EU.

Customs are only interested in arrival date into the state.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Irish address. Prime added zero benefits after Brexit happened. For me anyways.

Am curious, what can you buy with a 2-3 delivery timeframe to ROI?

I can't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭breeno

Am curious, what can you buy with a 2-3 delivery timeframe to ROI?

I can't find anything.

Find it hard to believe myself given my own searches which have been broad! My first instinct when looking for something is still Amazon. Let's hope they get a handle on the timelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 walmon1977

It's all a bit random at the moment.

On Sunday, ordered the exact same items for delivery to my mother and sister who live less than 1 km from each other in the sunny south east.

My sister's item is being delivered today and my mother's hasn't even been dispatched.

Wow, ordered a Braun electric toothbrush for the kids on 19/1 and it just arrived....was due for delivery 27/1.

Hopefully this is things starting to return to normal for Prime :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭breeno

Last couple of posts are great to see. I'll rejoin Prime if it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

It's the dispatch time that's the issue - I ordered some rechargeable batteries on 10th - the were shipped 2 days ago and I got them today

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

Ordered on the 19th with Prime, was saying delivery 28th. Dispatched 21st, arrived today. According to tracking was 'handed to resident'. Was actually left on doorstep. Odd, because it would have fit through the letterbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just got a dispatch notice. The second part of my order from the 11th that was due on the 25th has now been dispatched but the delivery date has changed to the 30th (the other part arrived this week). I placed a separate order on the 11th for an out of stock item that was due to come back last week and delivery was 29th, that's now been dispatched with delivery also the 30th. Order I placed on the 20th is now expected 2nd February.

So I'm wildly jealous of other prime customers on here who've reported 3 day delivery or shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

Ordered a few electronic bits on the 13th (approx €50) with standard delivery. Arrived yesterday - well ahead of quoted schedule and no issues with VAT, duty etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

breeno wrote: »
    Find it hard to believe myself given my own searches which have been broad! My first instinct when looking for something is still Amazon. Let's hope they get a handle on the timelines.

Read what I said, I buy records and figures etc. I can post screenshots as proof if you need it Mr. FBI don't trust people. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G32IQ2I/

I added this item to my shopping cart to see how much import duty amazon would list, it was around €6-7, I took it out of my cart but when I went to the same listing later it now said 'this item cannot be shipped to your location'

What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Caranica wrote: »
    Just got a dispatch notice. The second part of my order from the 11th that was due on the 25th has now been dispatched but the delivery date has changed to the 30th (the other part arrived this week). I placed a separate order on the 11th for an out of stock item that was due to come back last week and delivery was 29th, that's now been dispatched with delivery also the 30th. Order I placed on the 20th is now expected 2nd February.

So I'm wildly jealous of other prime customers on here who've reported 3 day delivery or shorter.

This order is now out for delivery and one stop away. Interestingly one stop away before Brexit either meant in my estate or at least in the greater development. Now it's on the M50

Another item arrived today. On a Sunday, very odd. Wasn't meant to he here till the 1st of Feb. Weirdly it came from the French Amazon but I used the UK.

Another item arrived today. On a Sunday, very odd. Wasn't meant to he here till the 1st of Feb. Weirdly it came from the French Amazon but I used the UK.

In Dublin we've had deliveries 7 days for a good while.

Looking at a watch on Haggelzon, the UK price showing on the app does NOT include the import duties. Makes other EU sites much cheaper.

Ah maybe their starting to brach out to the rest of Ireland so.

Ah maybe their starting to branch out to the rest of Ireland so.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

I ordered two items on the 7th, one arrived last week and the other hasn't been dispatched yet. When I try the chat online service the bot tells me it will be delivered on time.

They seem to have done away with the live chat customer service.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&ref_=hp_ss_v3_cu_t4&

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Ah maybe their starting to brach out to the rest of Ireland so.

Just got a delivery from Amazon, white unmarked van, Sunday evening 5:50pm, in Navan.

Poncke wrote: »
    Just got a delivery from Amazon, white unmarked van, Sunday evening 5:50pm, in Navan.

Yeah always a white unmarked van for me, seems it's always Amazon lads themselves, never AnPost anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Yeah always a white unmarked van for me, seems it's always Amazon lads themselves, never AnPost anymore.

At the moment I think they are partnered with Zeus provide logistics although deliver under their own name.

Their fleet of vans seems to be hired or leased from Enterprise so in time they may get to branding them but I guess they simply needed volume to get the deliveries going.

There is some convoy of white vans from Greenogue every morning even with the Brexit impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

So An Post don’t fulfill the delivery’s at all anymore? Their delivery of a prime items was excellent to be fair.

One item ordered on 16th, delivery due on 8th of Feb. Hasn’t been dispatched still. Another item ordered yesterday, delivery for 8th of Feb. It’s all a bit cr*p at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

For comparison, I ordered something from Under Armour UK on the 6th and I still don't have it.

They took 4-5 days to finally dispatch it on the 11th.
    The entire shipping process restarted with a new label printed on the 15th. (did a round trip between Tamworth and Stanford Le Hope twice)

It's in Dublin since the 20th and there is a clearance agency in Dublin also, so both ends take 5+ days in clearance. Madness.
    • 25 Jan 08:42
      Destination Scan Finglas
    • 24 Jan 20:05
      Your package is being processed at the clearance agency.
    • 21 Jan 23:57
      Arrived at Facility Finglas
    • 21 Jan 23:56
      Departed from Facility Dublin
    • 21 Jan 23:33
      Destination Scan Dublin
    • 21 Jan 06:25
      Arrived at Facility Dublin
    • 20 Jan 22:30
      The package is delayed due to a BREXIT related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible. Dublin
    • 20 Jan 06:59
      Departed from Facility Stanford Le Hope
    • 20 Jan 02:50
      The package is delayed due to a BREXIT related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible. Stanford Le Hope
    • 19 Jan 15:00
      The package is delayed due to a BREXIT related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible. Dublin
    • 18 Jan 13:32
      Export Scan Stanford Le Hope
    • 15 Jan 23:58
      Your package may be delayed due to a required document inspection by the clearing agency. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.
    • 15 Jan 23:48
      Your parcel was released by the customs agency.
    • 15 Jan 23:48
      Your package may be delayed due to a required document inspection by the clearing agency. Stanford Le Hope
    • 15 Jan 13:03
      Your package is being processed at the clearance agency.
    • 14 Jan 22:00
      The package is delayed due to a BREXIT related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be delayed by one business day. Stanford Le Hope
    • 12 Jan 16:14
      Your package may be delayed. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible. Stanford Le Hope
    • 12 Jan 06:00
      Arrived at Facility Stanford Le Hope
    • 12 Jan 02:55
      Departed from Facility Tamworth
    • 11 Jan 20:59
      Origin Scan Tamworth
    • 15 Jan 08:47
      Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

When I order from Amazon UK there is no waiting in Dublin, it's waiting for dispatch and them to get it to Ireland, once it hits Ireland it's in the Amazon white van and straight to my home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

More madness. Ordered from .co.uk for delivery to Ireland. It was dispatched from the UK and is now in Belgium!

Sunday, 24 January Completed customs clearance process
    Mouscron, BE
    10:34 AM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Mouscron, BE
    10:31 AM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB
    Friday, 22 January
    1:54 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

dubmick wrote: »
    More madness. Ordered from .co.uk for delivery to Ireland. It was dispatched from the UK and is now in Belgium!

Sunday, 24 January Completed customs clearance process
    Mouscron, BE
    10:34 AM
    Mouscron, BE
    10:31 AM
    Rochester, Kent GB
    Friday, 22 January
    1:54 PM
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped

I just had a package do the same (different days too, shipped Saturday and the BE entries are today)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

dubmick wrote: »

I don't think that means it's in Belgium. It might just be where the customs were processed. Unless my recent order managed to get from Kent to Belgium in 27 minutes!

Monday, 25 January
    1:34 AM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Mouscron, BE

Sunday, 24 January
    2:14 PM
    Rochester, GB
    10:39 AM
    Mouscron, BE
    10:12 AM
    Rochester, Kent GB

Thursday, 21 January
    8:25 PM
    Rochester, Medway GB

Wednesday, 20 January
    Package has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Two packages arrived today

One contained the Joe Wicks book and Jurassic Park funko pop that were scheduled to arrive on Feb 3rd

The other contained the robun feeder that was due to arrive on Feb 4th, I ordered it on Friday so instead it arrived in two working days, is this a sign that amazon prime is returning to normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Demonique wrote: »
    Two packages arrived today

One contained the Joe Wicks book and Jurassic Park funko pop that were scheduled to arrive on Feb 3rd

The other contained the robun feeder that was due to arrive on Feb 4th, I ordered it on Friday so instead it arrived in two working days, is this a sign that amazon prime is returning to normal?

Same experience here. A Friday night order was delivered today. (Prime member).

Advertisement