Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

READ SUMMARY IN POST 986 - Amazon.uk Post-Brexit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

whiterebel wrote: »
    1st and 3rd ship to Ireland, but astronomical shipping - none sold by Amazon
    2nd is out of stock.

They say out of stock when they mean they won't ship to Ireland. I put in my N. Ireland address and they change to being in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I've never seen Amazon deliveries so fast. Another order made after 9 on Tuesday night. Shipped from Manchester and received here with the postman this morning. I don't have prime but it was free postage.

I had 1-2 day shipping last year, mostly 1 day in December.
    I just ordered a pair of Puma slippers "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon." and it's going to be here on the 20th. 9 days. I'm a Prime member and this item has Prime shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

The only purchases from Amazon since the start of the year have all been less than €20 so there have been no issues.
    Now I'm looking at an item listed at £29.99
    The Import Fees Deposit is £6.30 and I've got a 5% coupon which brings the total to £34.79. Prime member so no shipping.
    The import Fees Deposit is the exact amount that should be applied (at 21%) to the original ex-VAT price but it's added to the full retail price. edit: Sorry, that's wrong. It's actually 21% of the full retail price.
    Is that just a coincidence? Am I likely to be hit with a further bill from a courier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

xboxdad wrote: »
    I had 1-2 day shipping last year, mostly 1 day in December.
    I just ordered a pair of Puma slippers "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon." and it's going to be here on the 20th. 9 days. I'm a Prime member and this item has Prime shipping.

Ignore the dates, everything I've received in the past fortnight (with the exception of s&s Andrex Toilet paper) arrived in 2 days irrespective of the date the order said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

DubTony wrote: »
    The only purchases from Amazon since the start of the year have all been less than €20 so there have been no issues.
    Now I'm looking at an item listed at £29.99
    The Import Fees Deposit is £6.30 and I've got a 5% coupon which brings the total to £34.79. Prime member so no shipping.
    The import Fees Deposit is the exact amount that should be applied (at 21%) to the original ex-VAT price but it's added to the full retail price. edit: Sorry, that's wrong. It's actually 21% of the full retail price.
    Is that just a coincidence? Am I likely to be hit with a further bill from a courier?

Be interested to hear this myself...I mean are we all just buying under the twenty odd euro threshold or has anyone pushed the boat out yet and been brave enough to purchase an item over one or two hundred eur say?? if so have they faced any other fees other than those included during the amazon uk checkout process??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

celticsfan wrote: »
    Be interested to hear this myself...I mean are we all just buying under the twenty odd euro threshold or has anyone pushed the boat out yet and been brave enough to purchase an item over one or two hundred eur say?? if so have they faced any other fees other than those included during the amazon uk checkout process??

This has been asked and answered countless times on this thread and others.

You will not have to pay any extra fees other than those displayed at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

VG31 wrote: »
    This has been asked and answered countless times on this thread and others.

You will not have to pay any extra fees other than those displayed at checkout.

I've answered it 3 times, I've spend over a grand since Xmas, no extra fees.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    They say out of stock when they mean they won't ship to Ireland. I put in my N. Ireland address and they change to being in stock.

No, it tells me it won't ship to my address when they won't ship it, on the classic product. The other 2 products say it won't ship to my address.

Caranica wrote: »
    Ignore the dates, everything I've received in the past fortnight (with the exception of s&s Andrex Toilet paper) arrived in 2 days irrespective of the date the order said.

Oh, wow! They sent a dispatch notification since saying one of the slippers will arrive on the 20th - no dispatch for the other one still. Let's see how it plays out in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

4 different packages (2 pre-ordered in Jan) and 2 ordered late Wednesday were delivered today. 2 were +/- 50 and the other 2 well below 20. No additional costs etc. So everything is getting back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

og2k7 wrote: »
    4 different packages (2 pre-ordered in Jan) and 2 ordered late Wednesday were delivered today. 2 were +/- 50 and the other 2 well below 20. No additional costs etc. So everything is getting back to normal

Yeah think we are nearly back to normal, got something in less than 48 hours yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Oh, wow! They sent a dispatch notification since saying one of the slippers will arrive on the 20th - no dispatch for the other one still. Let's see how it plays out in my case.

What use is one slipper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

dubmick wrote: »
    Yeah think we are nearly back to normal, got something in less than 48 hours yesterday.

Still 5 - 10 days suggested for Cork deliveries.

Now yes, it is quicker in reality but its nowhere near the 2 days we're paying for as part of Prime. Roll on the Dublin fulfillment center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Still 5 - 10 days suggested for Cork deliveries.

Now yes, it is quicker in reality but its nowhere near the 2 days we're paying for as part of Prime. Roll on the Dublin fulfillment center.
    its getting faster none the less, ordered protein- amazon uk wasn't accepting irish address so went with german, ordered Thursday night delivered Sunday morning.

seems main issue that theres f all to buy under 20e thou, if stuff like ordindary protein is no go, ive dunno what one can buy if amazon wont ship most stuff from uk, seems way easier to order from mainland, even US has some amazing prices if your shopping for expensive end stuff.

that said ebay uk has become really useless, as been advised by seller even under 20e they had to fill out BN22 or is it CN22 form, that resulted in refund. since it seems many smaller sellers have to ship it as it would be going to outside eu, so 12pound item after all the taxes etc becomes 28ish pound total BS, and not even sure if that price gets item here as paid or would it still fall under handling by an post which would make it unrealistic to waste such amount when 2/3rds is just shipping and handling costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

What use is one slipper?

A slipper is used all the time instead of a hob nailed boot in Chinese one legged man arse kicking contests...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    A slipper is used all the time instead of a hob nailed boot in Chinese one legged man arse kicking contests...

In level 5 lockdown? They should be reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What use is one slipper?

If you are a prince, it's a well-established method of finding a girl to marry.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

scamalert wrote: »
    its getting faster none the less, ordered protein- amazon uk wasn't accepting irish address so went with german, ordered Thursday night delivered Sunday morning.

seems main issue that theres f all to buy under 20e thou, if stuff like ordindary protein is no go, ive dunno what one can buy if amazon wont ship most stuff from uk, seems way easier to order from mainland, even US has some amazing prices if your shopping for expensive end stuff.

that said ebay uk has become really useless, as been advised by seller even under 20e they had to fill out BN22 or is it CN22 form, that resulted in refund. since it seems many smaller sellers have to ship it as it would be going to outside eu, so 12pound item after all the taxes etc becomes 28ish pound total BS, and not even sure if that price gets item here as paid or would it still fall under handling by an post which would make it unrealistic to waste such amount when 2/3rds is just shipping and handling costs.

I used to buy Gatorade powder from the UK but now only option sending here is Amazon De but shipping is over 10 eur even for the smallest size. Might need to look at the US as an option (and more to choose from)

eBay in general got worse over the last couple of years. All items now regardless of the price have like 15 gbp and up for shipping, which makes it the worst option (And i have been using ebay for the past 16 years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

Quick one lads, do you get a full refund when sending something back where additional duties are paid? Eg 3rd party seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

Quick one lads, do you get a full refund when sending something back where additional duties are paid? Eg 3rd party seller.

no, the seller would only be required to refund the cost of the item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

You can apply for a refund of any duty you paid to Revenue if you are sending stuff back.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/how-to-claim-a-refund-of-customs-duty-and-value-added-tax-vat.aspx

Reporting back on the popular slippers topic :)

So I ordered 2 pairs of slippers (or 4 slippers) on the 11th (Sold & Dispatched by Amazon and I'm a Prime member).

One pair (or 2 of the 4 slippers) arrived on the 14th
    The other pair (or slipper #3 & #4) arrived on the 16th.

The ones that came from the UK were quicker and the ones that came from France were slower.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Other half placed order on Monday evening, it arrived today.
    Things are certainly getting more normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Cabaal wrote: »
    Other half placed order on Monday evening, it arrived today.
    Things are certainly getting more normal

It's better for me than it ever was before. Placed an order after 9 on Friday night. Free postage (I don't have prime). An Post delivered it at 9.30 Monday morning. Can't expect better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I’m seeing massive variance..

.. the majority of things are arriving 2 - 3 days in advance of the estimated date of arrival quoted from Amazon.

And then I’ve a few things which arrived in Dublin last Thursday that I’m still waiting on - should be able to get a refund on that tomorrow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Reporting back on the popular slippers topic :)

So I ordered 2 pairs of slippers (or 4 slippers) on the 11th (Sold & Dispatched by Amazon and I'm a Prime member).

One pair (or 2 of the 4 slippers) arrived on the 14th
    The other pair (or slipper #3 & #4) arrived on the 16th.

The ones that came from the UK were quicker and the ones that came from France were slower.

Once you ordered one pair from France, you were on the slippery slope to delay and dissapointment. Not to worry, we all get caught flat footed from time to time. Just take one step at a time, and you'll get over it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Once you ordered one pair from France, you were on the slippery slope to delay and dissapointment. Not to worry, we all get caught flat footed from time to time. Just take one step at a time, and you'll get over it..

Just glad it wasn't fork handles :)

Haha :) BTW... How do you tell if it's coming from the UK or France before placing the order? All I ever looked out for was the Prime badge and the "Sold and Dispatched by Amazon" text. ...and then I just don't know if it's gonna be sent from the UK or France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Ordered an item on Tuesday afternoon and it arrived this morning. Original estimated date of delivery is this Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

So, has Amazon opened up an Irish warehouse or something? I ordered four different items (3 small and 1 big) at around 7pm on Friday 19/02/2021 and they arrived, today, Saturday 20/02/2021 at around 3PM. Makes me feel prime is worth it again.

Advertisement