Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Darndale Gang

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

pgj2015 wrote: »
    All dealers aren't from Darndale or similar poor rough areas, there are dealers from rich areas as well, why aren't these guys from the affluent areas out beating people up in parks?

For the reason that the pervasive drug economy drags the entire society down with it.

Of course there are dealers and users everywhere but the critical mass is tipped towards social disintegration in Darndale and other similar spots.

Anyone who buys coke in particular is supporting the Kinahans, just the same as you do if you shop at whatever retail outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Lads on boards really love talking about 'drugs'.

Its gas how many people know the lowdown on drugs in Ireland, see themselves as an authority on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

TomTomTim wrote: »
    What a ridiculous post. A problem exists, yet you have more of an issue with those who react to said problem, than the problem itself. People like you are why things never get fixed.

Those who react to said problem?.. by pontificating anonymously on boards?

Come on....

One thing I have noted in recent years is that people who are genuinely trying to change things, people that are activists for change - they dont try to do it on social media. They do it in the real world - community groups, they become a councillor, they form charities etc. They normally do so within the system.

If you really really care about this issue, its shown in actions not words. And particularly not words on an anonymous chat forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

I live in Spain, we don't seem to have gangs of teenage feral scum terrorising people ... I wonder why ... ??? hmmmm

Maybe because there is no child allowance here ?
    You have the kids you can afford, most people have 1 or 2 kids, it's extremely rare to see people with 3 kids .... whereas in Ireland it's common for families to have 5,6,7 kids ... all dole scrounging wasters.

Yeah Spain sounds great. No feral youth there :rolleyes:

https://english.elpais.com/elpais/2018/01/29/inenglish/1517219361_520939.html

https://www.euronews.com/2018/05/16/southern-spain-corroded-by-cocktail-of-drug-gangs-and-jobless-youth

https://english.elpais.com/elpais/2019/08/26/inenglish/1566812873_842794.html

https://www.world-today-news.com/who-are-the-dreaded-charmiles-of-barcelona/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Most people doing coke at the weekend aren't addicts. They're carpenters, electricians, painters, bank staff, solicitors, mechanics, office admin, hairdressers, civil servants, retail staff, chefs etc.

Yeap very true. And they are all scumbags in my eyes. All part of the problem and many preaching down to those who live in those communities that are destroyed by drugs and drug pushers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Most people doing coke at the weekend aren't addicts. They're carpenters, electricians, painters, bank staff, solicitors, mechanics, office admin, hairdressers, civil servants, retail staff, chefs etc.

Yep and if the black market for this became much smaller due to addicts getting it for free, how long will that market last?

In any case, how many of the people you listed above are causing mayhem in Darndale and the like?

No one really gives a fiddlers if Bryan the Civil Servant from Phibsborough is taking coke at the weekend, its Steo and Deco who mugged the old lady down the road to pay for their weekend and spent that weekend burning cars in the estate who are the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

Are people really suggesting the government purchase drugs (is there a legal way to do this) and then give them out for free?

If yes, I take it this is over 18s only? Does that put responsibility for those who take the drugs on the government as in if something was to happen to them under the influence can they sue the state?

If you mean the government sell the drugs, are we suggesting that with VAT etc... dealers won't be able to sell it cheaper?

I'm a bit at a loss with how this stops feral scrotes attacking people.

Are people really suggesting the government purchase drugs (is there a legal way to do this) and then give them out for free?

If yes, I take it this is over 18s only? Does that put responsibility for those who take the drugs on the government as in if something was to happen to them under the influence can they sue the state?

If you mean the government sell the drugs, are we suggesting that with VAT etc... dealers won't be able to sell it cheaper?

I'm a bit at a loss with how this stops feral scrotes attacking people.

They do it with methadone today...
    The gov would decide who gets it and no they wouldn't be suing anyone for something that happens anymore than you sue Tesco after buying a 6 pack there.

If addicts are being provided drugs "for free" then dealers will have a much smaller market. If non-addicts want to go and buy "something" from a dealer then they can go ahead, if it means that addicts aren't a menace to society then really who cares?
    The gov could also sell the drugs at cost and totally undermine the need for dealers.

It would certainly be a tourism boost :), but I'd suggest that it be available for resident citizens only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I live in Spain, we don't seem to have gangs of teenage feral scum terrorising people ... I wonder why ... ??? hmmmm

Maybe because there is no child allowance here ?
    You have the kids you can afford, most people have 1 or 2 kids, it's extremely rare to see people with 3 kids .... whereas in Ireland it's common for families to have 5,6,7 kids ... all dole scrounging wasters.

And the cops don't take any crap there either. Young lads wouldn't be long getting a baton across the body if they started mouthing like they do here . People aren't afraid of the police and more. I seen two ban gardai in liffey valley one day and both were barely over 5 foot. I can't imagine a gang of lads been to bothered if they seen them two coming along

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

When cops are raiding young scums houses CAB should also be going in and taking the 65” plasmas, PS5s, electric scooters, €1000+ bicycles designer gear, etc.

I'd leave the plasma, worthless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Never seen a thread with so much cliche.

Has the invocation of the legendary Lugs Brannigan been posted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

GreeBo wrote: »
    They do it with methadone today...
    The gov would decide who gets it and no they wouldn't be suing anyone for something that happens anymore than you sue Tesco after buying a 6 pack there.

But... Where would the government even get it??

Mad suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

GreeBo wrote: »
    They aren't at all, "all at it".
    Maybe that says more about you and your social circle?

In any case, Joshua doing a line at the weekend isn't the same as tayto injecting rest poison every day.
    Sure the source of the drugs is the same but give me 100 Joshua's over 1 tayto, anyday.

When I said they’re all at it I didn’t specify a frequency. This is also a classless situation as there’s both drug addicts and social users at all levels of society.

You haven’t a clue and your reference to “Joshua & Tayto” says a lot about how out of touch with reality you are.

You’ve also managed to divert this thread away from feral youth to the farce of the Government dispensing free drugs (not Methadone) which we all know is never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

or have a 2 fold policy.

make an announcement on Monday 'any children born more than 9 months after today will not qualify for child benefit, it is to be reformed into a tax credit for working families only. Furthermore having any more children while on the housing list will not have you bumped up any places or have your needs re-assessed, households who have never filed a prsi contribution will also now have Tulsa involved , be given free contraception and any further children will be immediately taken into care'

then follow it up with a robust apprenticeship program, heavy penalties including custodial sentences for parents who allow children to miss school or become involved in multiple cases of antisocial behaviour.

start a program in disadvantaged schools where you explain the benefits of work and jobs, have direct input internships and work shadowing, have local business owners and positive role models give talks to schools about an honest days work.

during sex education explain how important it is for a father to be in a Childs life, how a baby is a big responsibility and not just an ATM or fashion accessory.

and a 15 year minimum mandatory for any adult who allows a teen or child even be in the vicinity of dealable quantities of drugs or sells drugs to a child or teen.

Radical but this would sort it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Boggles wrote: »
    I'd leave the plasma, worthless.

It’s not worthless to the scum, take it and destroy it.

AmberGold wrote: »
    When I said they’re all at it I didn’t specify a frequency. This is also a classless situation as there’s both drug addicts and social users at all levels of society.

You haven’t a clue and your reference to “Joshua & Tayto” says a lot about how out of touch with reality you are.

You’ve also managed to divert this thread away from feral youth to the farce of the Government dispensing free drugs (not Methadone) which we all know is never going to happen.

Ok, so what percentage of Irish people are taking drugs and at what frequency?
    Take as long as you like.

Also, why exclude methadone?

during sex education explain how important it is for a father to be in a Childs life, how a baby is a big responsibility and not just an ATM or fashion accessory.

You forgot to include the importance of this also needs to be explained to boys - and that a baby is not something they can just walk away from, they have a responsibility to support that child for at least 18 years.

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Drewgerger

There's gangs terrorising malahide and portmarnick
    Also bray it's all to do with alcohol and drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You forgot to include the importance of this also needs to be explained to boys - and that a baby is not something they can just walk away from, they have a responsibility to support that child for at least 18 years.

I dont believe I ever indicated it was only for girls. Its an important lesson for both genders to have equally bet into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Drewgerger wrote: »
    There's gangs terrorising malahide and portmarnick
    Also bray it's all to do with alcohol and drugs

I had alcohol and drugs in many an evening but didn't terrify anyone.
    Its the individuals. Dont be giving them an out. Sense of personal responsibility is being hidden under excuses these days. That's the reason we have people with dozens of convictions out running around on the streets. Always not their own fault

• Advertisement

I dont believe I ever indicated it was only for girls. Its an important lesson for both genders to have equally bet into them.

It is an important lesson for both.

And while you may not have said only girls outright, you implied it. I've never heard of single father being accused of using their baby as an ATM or a fashion accessory.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

It is an important lesson for both.

And while you may not have said only girls outright, you implied it. I've never heard of single father being accused of using their baby as an ATM or a fashion accessory.

Well a lot of responsibility lies with the female to not let some low life have sex with them without protection, if the safety net of handouts and free housing was removed we would probably see a lot less scangers with one hand out and the other hand pushing the pram, you can blame the fella as well but it's easy for him to pull up the jocks and walk away after getting his rocks off, zero responsibility expected off him and why would he bother when the state will pay to rear it, and the cycle of producing scum bags will continue

Well a lot of responsibility lies with the female to not let some low life have sex with them without protection, if the safety net of handouts and free housing was removed we would probably see a lot less scangers with one hand out and the other hand pushing the pram, you can blame the fella as well but it's easy for him to pull up the jocks and walk away after getting his rocks off, zero responsibility expected off him and why would he bother when the state will pay to rear it, and the cycle of producing scum bags will continue

Exactly my point, thank you! ;)

These low lifes (and I agree with you, they are low lifes) who "pull up their jocks and walk away" need to be taught they have equal responsibility, not zero, if a child is a result of him getting his rocks off.

(And clearly some extra instruction in basic sex education needs to be thrown in, as well, for good measure).

Exactly my point, thank you! ;)

These low lifes (and I agree with you, they are low lifes) who "pull up their jocks and walk away" need to be taught they have equal responsibility, not zero, if a child is a result of him getting his rocks off.

(And clearly some extra instruction in basic sex education needs to be thrown in, as well, for good measure).

It’s very easy to say equal responsibility but at the end of the day the parent’s rights aren’t equal.

If the women he gets pregnant turns around and says she never wants him near the child the courts will take her side every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sounds cliché but social media has changed behaviour of teens a lot,

Back in our day when you where out whatever you got up to was just between a small group of ye till school when you could chat and say what ye got up , Now if you decide to do something off the cuff a quick wats app and 20 lads are going to same place,

Also changes how we receive news meaning years ago if things happened you didn't hear about them now there blown out of proportion and news travels around a few minutes ,

There's always been incidents happing down Portmarnock beach between gangs , used to be big raves and all down there late at night people form al over Dublin would be there but nothing was ever heard about it unless you where there,
    Now you hear about any kind of incidents

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I had alcohol and drugs in many an evening but didn't terrify anyone.
    Its the individuals. Dont be giving them an out. Sense of personal responsibility is being hidden under excuses these days. That's the reason we have people with dozens of convictions out running around on the streets. Always not their own fault

when we were drinking and whatever else

the last thing you wanted to do was draw attention to yourself and have the coppers near you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

It’s not worthless to the scum, take it and destroy it.

Put the boot through it and leave it there.

It’s very easy to say equal responsibility but at the end of the day the parent’s rights aren’t equal.

If the women he gets pregnant turns around and says she never wants him near the child the courts will take her side every time.

"Every time"? Well thats a massive generalisation.

I actually wouldn't disagree with you if you said the Family Courts were biased in the favour of the mother, but banishing a father from a child's life is not as easy for her as you make it sound. No woman gets to snap her fingers and banish a father who wants to be a part of their child's life, out of it.

It's simply not that easy. Believe me, I have known women who have tried, and the Courts did not allow it.

And even if they did, it still does not absolve a man's responsibility in the matter of contraception and preventing a pregnancy from occurring in the first place - and support of a child, is one is conceived.

Advertisement