Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fantastic Fridays

Options
  • 01-12-2020 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, Has anybody else had issues with getting their prize from Vodafone? I won a laptop in February with Vodafone Fantastic Friday. It was a competition being run in conjunction with The Shaw Academy. I sent a few emails to Shaw Academy who were supposed to send out the laptop. After receiving a couple of excuses from them they just stopped replying to my emails. I then went back to Vodafone who have spent the last two months telling me that they are following it up and will get back to me when they have a reply. I am being totally fobbed off by Vodafone. Should they not honour the prize as they ran the competition in the first place? I don't know where to turn with this issue. Has anyone had a problem like this before? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 alig1234

Jmc4 wrote: »
    Hi, Has anybody else had issues with getting their prize from Vodafone? I won a laptop in February with Vodafone Fantastic Friday. It was a competition being run in conjunction with The Shaw Academy. I sent a few emails to Shaw Academy who were supposed to send out the laptop. After receiving a couple of excuses from them they just stopped replying to my emails. I then went back to Vodafone who have spent the last two months telling me that they are following it up and will get back to me when they have a reply. I am being totally fobbed off by Vodafone. Should they not honour the prize as they ran the competition in the first place? I don't know wherehttps://n.vodafone.ie/privacy.html to turn with this issue. Has anyone had a problem like this before? Thanks.

sorry to hear this its appalling. i would write to vodafone data protection officer in vodafone - see https://n.vodafone.ie/privacy.html for the form. ask for a copy of your personal data exchanged with shaw wrt the prize and advise if you do not receive your prize within 30 days you will be advising the data protection commissioner of the data breach. you gave your details in good faith. it is up to vodafone to manage your data and your prize with shaw. good luck, aileen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jmc4

Thank you so much Aileen. Vodafone messaged the other day to say that they would send me an offer with a choice of laptops up to the value of €400 but, surprise surprise, i am still waiting on the offer. I will give them another few days and then I will do exactly as you said. Thanks a million for your help!! Josie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

There is no data breach in this case.

Advertisement