Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach shocked and dismayed at Sinn Fein TDs tweet on IRA attacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

El Tarangu wrote: »
    I don't know why you put 'the heavies' in scare quotes - the man literally took part in armed robberies, this is the textbook-definition of a 'heavy'.

I see the Daily Mail had a full expose on his activities today.

A heavy is an understatement. Poor girl probably doesn’t know the full story of his past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

blanch152 wrote: »
    I see the Daily Mail had a full expose on his activities today.

A heavy is an understatement. Poor girl probably doesn’t know the full story of his past.

you don't join Sinn Fein without knowing that some its members were involved in all sorts

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1338139400186851328

El Tarangu wrote: »
    I don't know why you put 'the heavies' in scare quotes - the man literally took part in armed robberies, this is the textbook-definition of a 'heavy'.

she doesn't consider him a heavy https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1338139400186851328

The rest of us do consider him a heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Is today the day that Sinn Fein dimwit has to appear in the Dail and account for his tweets?

Maybe it's later in the week ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,171 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You are now full-on using the girl for political gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,670 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

You are now full-on using the girl for political gain.

No he is not. If you look at what the girl posted herself earlier after the issue erupted. While she found it wierd this SF member called to her house ''her parents were worried that she was in trouble with SF''. Her words. So her parents considered him a heavy and knew his history I imagine.

Slava Ukrainii

No he is not. If you look at what the girl posted herself earlier after the issue erupted. While she found it wierd this SF member called to her house ''her parents were worried that she was in trouble with SF''. Her words. So her parents considered him a heavy and knew his history I imagine.

Now depending on an invented story about her parents who haven't ccommented at all AFAIK.

You are embarrassing yourselves not being able to climb down for this one. You will 'use' all and sundry regardless of how they feel and regardless of how many times they tell you that you are lying and talking rubbish about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Could you quote her saying that please?

Now depending on an invented story about her parents who haven't ccommented at all AFAIK.

You are embarrassing yourselves not being able to climb down for this one. You will 'use' all and sundry regardless of how they feel and regardless of how many times they tell you that you are lying and talking rubbish about them.

The day I believe that a convicted IRA thug is not a heavy is the day I start believing in unicorns and magic money trees.

It doesn't matter whether the girl believes he is a heavy or not, that is immaterial when he is one.

• Advertisement

The day I believe that a convicted IRA thug is not a heavy is the day I start believing in unicorns and magic money trees.

It doesn't matter whether the girl believes he is a heavy or not, that is immaterial when he is one.

How utterly ridiculous and clingy.

You destroyed this putsch yourselves...over eager. :)

I don't know if anyone really cares anymore what you believe, others within FG didn't seem to be as snowflaky though.

john-bruton-5-752x501.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

they just keep on giving - its no wonder these threads go on for ever. they're hilarious.

Reads like something you'd see in The Star. blanch152 would make a great red top journo

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1338220075434844161

I presume her parents are members of SF too, thought may not be.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1338220075434844161

I presume her parents are members of SF too, thought may not be.

Oh dear, another blind alley. :D

he didn't come to your door so it doesn't matter what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

It seems that SF don’t think that the member needs to answer any questions in the dail - just give his version and move along.

Talking out of both sides of their mouth

whippet wrote: »
    It seems that SF don’t think that the member needs to answer any questions in the dail - just give his version and move along.

he's not a minister, the Dail is hardly a place to be discussing Brain Stanley thoughts, he can be asked them by the media or by other politicians when they meet him in Leinster house.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone really cares anymore what you believe, others within FG didn't seem to be as snowflaky though.

john-bruton-5-752x501.jpg

As I am not in FG, despite your best efforts to put me there, I don't really care what they think.

he's not a minister, the Dail is hardly a place to be discussing Brain Stanley thoughts, he can be asked them by the media or by other politicians when they meet him in Leinster house.

He is the chairperson of a committee, paid an allowance of €9,500, on top of his TD salary and allowances, why shouldn't he have to account for himself?

As always with SF, one rule for them......

• Advertisement

As I am not in FG, despite your best efforts to put me there, I don't really care what they think.

I never said you were in FG blanch, (though tbf you spend an extraordinary amount of time defending them) I was just pointing out that previous govts don't seem to hold the same opinions you do about things.

It is a fact though, the last time a convicted IRA member was in Govt, it was with FGs full blessing.

he didn't come to your door so it doesn't matter what you think.

Thankfully, he didn't, as he's not the type I want to open the door to on a cold dark night.

Thankfully, he didn't, as he's not the type I want to open the door to on a cold dark night.

**Needs some eerie background music**

The world we live in now is FG TDs and minister's have to keep being corrected on their lies by the very woman they're lying about.

That's awkward.

I never said you were in FG blanch, (though tbf you spend an extraordinary amount of time defending them) I was just pointing out that previous govts don't seem to hold the same opinions you do about things.

It is a fact though, the last time a convicted IRA member was in Govt, it was with FGs full blessing.

If Stanley similarly repents, leaves Sinn Fein, and says that Warrenpoint was unjustified and wrong, then he might be suitable for government too.

whippet wrote: »

Ministers are answerable to the Dáil, TD's are answerable to the people. This is a courtesy to the indignant and outraged to make of what they will.

Ministers are answerable to the Dáil, TD's are answerable to the people. This is a courtesy to the indignant and outraged to make of what they will.

Committee chairpersons are answerable to the Dail too.

**Needs some eerie background music**

The world we live in now is FG TDs and minister's have to keep being corrected on their lies by the very woman they're lying about.

That's awkward.

Blew themselves out of the water by going for the 'heavy' angle. When it was demolished by the girl herself, it showed up the motivation and agenda. Embarrassing for all concerned.

He has already been questioned by PAC, who can indeed go back to it. His Dáil appearance has no onus on it to take questions though.

they are answerable to the committee, he can be voted out next time the committee meets if needs be, they shouldn't get into a debate about Brain Stanleys thoughts in the committee though.

• Advertisement

Blew themselves out of the water by going for the 'heavy' angle. When it was demolished by the girl herself, it showed up the motivation and agenda. Embarrassing for all concerned.

Seeing as you have so much faith in the words of the girl.......

https://extra.ie/2020/12/13/news/irish-news/mary-lou-mcdonald-sinn-fein-troll

"She said: ‘It was put up on the Meath Ógra Sinn Féin group chat that said, “Guys, on the Paddy Holohan situation, can we not talk about it online, keep it internal, we shouldn’t be slandering our comrades online, I know this doesn’t excuse what he did but Paddy is a good working man.” Basically, telling us not to give Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael ammunition.

‘As a black member and someone from the LGBT community I was shocked. If it was any other party, Sinn Féin would be demanding they resign.

‘I was like, “Paddy is kind of indefensible, he shouldn’t be in the party, I don’t see why I should delete my tweets” and I was told “internal matters only”. That was the first thing I saw with my own eyes that Sinn Féin weren’t going to deal with homophobia and racism and they think he’s still a good comrade.’"

I assume that you agree with her that Sinn Fein don't deal with homophobia and racism?

"Shortly after Tánaiste Leo Varadkar spoke out about racism and homophobia coming from Sinn Féin supporters, the outspoken young woman did something no party supporter is supposed to do and agreed with him.

‘I agreed with him and that’s a very unpopular thing to do in the party, to agree with Leo. So people were asking for evidence, they said I was being a liar so I started to screenshot evidence and made reference to a page that was on Facebook that was taken down because of all the abusive messages.

‘They target Leo Varadkar, they target Eamon Ryan and Micheál Martin. It was a Sinn Féin-supporting account.’"

Do you agree with her that Leo was speaking the truth about racism and homophobia coming from Sinn Fein supporters? We have seen plenty of dog-whistle stuff on here.

Advertisement