Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach shocked and dismayed at Sinn Fein TDs tweet on IRA attacks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

The BA killed 18 children that we know about. Not once have I heard them mentioned by the high moral grounders here. Tells you a lot about moral compasses.

Says the lad who made excuses for Sean Russell working with the nazis. You've done nothing on boards for months but make excuses for SF and the IRA.

I'm not sure you'd even know what a moral compass was tbh.

Call it what you like. The downplaying of The Troubles is one of the most idiotic aspects of historical revisionism if you ask me. Regardless, care to comment on the substance of the post, or are you content to argue over semantics because you have no response?

I think the shinners on here downplaying and even defending nazi collaboration has it beat personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Says the lad who made excuses for Sean Russell working with the nazis. You've done nothing on boards for months but make excuses for SF and the IRA.

I'm not sure you'd even know what a moral compass was tbh.

I didn't make excuses for him working with the Nazi's I said he used the Germas to his own ends. I also said he was foolish to do it.

Anything else? Yet another poster deflecting away from BA crimes. What a surprise.

I didn't make excuses for him working with the Nazi's I said he used the Germas to his own ends. I also said he was foolish to do it.

Anything else? Yet another poster deflecting away from BA crimes. What a surprise.

You describe nazi collaboration as foolish and "stupid but not much else". I mean collaboration with the Nazis during world war 2!

And then you've the neck to question anyone's moral compass.

I've deflected nothing unlike you. The murder of innocent people whether by the British or IRA was abhorrent and the people who did it are scum. Collaboration with nazis was the work of scum.

Let's hear you say the same instead of making excuses for murdering scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You describe nazi collaboration as foolish and "stupid but not much else". I mean collaboration with the Nazis during world war 2!

I've deflected nothing unlike you. The murder of innocent people whether by the British or IRA was abhorrent and the people who did it are scum. Collaboration with nazis was the work of scum.

so to be clear - you agree every government and every countries army (ies) are murdering scumbags. Which - morally is lovely, but in reality is a bit of a romanticised opinion to have? Humans kill other humans, wither on purpose or by accident - and during conflicts people are killed in anger. be that WW2 or the conflict in the north.

Or are you deciding which ones are the heros and which are the scum?

• Advertisement

He did nothing to aid the work of the Germans...he USED the Germans. The royal family was schmoozing with them all through the 30's ffs and the British government turned a blind eye to them in the same period as they rebuilt their army.

Russell had nothing to do with what the Nazis did, you are grasping at pathetic straws.

We been over this, have you anything to say about the current conversation?

maccored wrote: »
    Or are you deciding which ones are the heros and which are the scum?

You're asking this of me in a thread filled with apologists for terrorists and nazi collaborators?

I'm not deciding anything nor is it a romantic view of the world to describe the murder of innocent people as wrong and indefensible.

I'd have thought it a pretty realistic and rational view tbh. Seems SF and their tiresome defenders disagree and think no wrong deed is indefensible when SFs reputation is at stake.

You're asking this of me in a thread filled with apologists for terrorists and nazi collaborators?

I'm not deciding anything nor is it a romantic view of the world to describe the murder of innocent people as wrong and indefensible.

I'd have thought it a pretty realistic and rational view tbh. Seems SF and their tiresome defenders disagree and think no wrong deed is indefensible when SFs reputation is at stake.

you never answered the question. no-one saying you have to mind you - but it was a fair question and you did not take the opportunity to answer it.

The two kids the BA helped kill were innocent btw.

He did nothing to aid the work of the Germans...he USED the Germans. The royal family was schmoozing with them all through the 30's ffs and the British government turned a blind eye to them in the same period as they rebuilt their army.

Russell had nothing to do with what the Nazis did, you are grasping at pathetic straws.

We been over this, have you anything to say about the current conversation?

More excuses. But the Brits, but he used them, but but but. You just can't bring yourself to criticise anything remotely related to SF or the IRA can you?

Thats the pathetic thing. Making excuses for a scumbag who collaborated with nazi Germany during WW2. Talk about blinded by your own agenda.

More excuses. But the Brits, but he used them, but but but. You just can't bring yourself to criticise anything remotely related to SF or the IRA can you?

Thats the pathetic thing. Making excuses for a scumbag who collaborated with nazi Germany during WW2. Talk about blinded by your own agenda.

again though, werent the british army, the americans, the russians AND the nazis all murdering scumbags though? why are you differentiating between them?

• Advertisement

He was a fool. That was my criticism.I am not going to criticise him for something he didn't do, 'collaborate with the Nazi's'.

You clearly are reading what you want to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

markodaly wrote: »
    Downplaying? Some may say revisionism, that the PIRA were great lads altogether, as some if not many in SF think.

Sorry, but an organisation who kills women and children are not 'great lads'.

Unfortunately, there are foolish young people who weren't around during the 1970s and 1980s who have been taken in by the rhetoric of Sinn Fein and believe all the civil rights rubbish that they claim on behalf of the PIRA. It would be sad if it wasn't so dangerous.

you never answered the question. no-one saying you have to mind you - but it was a fair question and you did not take the opportunity to answer it.

The two kids the BA helped kill were innocent btw.

The difference with the two kids that the BA allegedly helped kill is that there is not a single person on here saying that the killing of the two kids was understandable, right, or just because of a war.

On the other hand, there are too many posters defending the criminal actions of the PIRA.

again though, werent the british army, the americans, the russians AND the nazis all murdering scumbags though? why are you differentiating between them?

I'm not differentiating between anyone. I have already stated multiple times that the murder of innocent people is abhorrent and those who murder innocent people are scum. Regardless of what nationality they are or what cause they think they are progressing.

You and the other SF defenders here are the ones picking the good and the bad and deciding which killings and which murders are justifiable based on your own agenda. And that agenda is clearly "defend SF at all costs".

The same 4 shinners are the top posters in pretty much every political thread on here defending SF at all costs. Justifying the celebration of IRA murders, downplaying homophoboia, apologising for terrorism, excusing nazi collaboration. Its hilarious yet terrifying stuff tbh.

I'm not differentiating between anyone. I have already stated multiple times that the murder of innocent people is abhorrent and those who murder innocent people are scum. Regardless of what nationality they are or what cause they think they are progressing.

You and the other SF defenders here are the ones picking the good and the bad and deciding which killings and which murders are justifiable based on your own agenda. And that agenda is clearly "defend SF at all costs".

The same 4 shinners are the top posters in pretty much every political thread on here defending SF at all costs. Justifying the celebration of IRA murders, downplaying homophoboia, apologising for terrorism, excusing nazi collaboration. Its hilarious yet terrifying stuff tbh.

Oh no, you shouldn't have said that, they will go after you now, report your posts, personally abuse you, provoke you for a response etc.

But they will never respond to the substance of your post, wait until there is a gif directed at you.

yeah - I dont think I'll bother.

Apply your own logic to your own posts and you might get my point (which you get perfectly but are avoiding answering like the plague)

blanch152 wrote: »
    The difference with the two kids that the BA allegedly helped kill is that there is not a single person on here saying that the killing of the two kids was understandable, right, or just because of a war.

On the other hand, there are too many posters defending the criminal actions of the PIRA.

i think you are the only one who hasnt said it was a horrible thing for the british army to allow go ahead. In fact youve downplayed their part consistently. yet you pretend that you treat all the sides involved evenly. laughable, and very see through

• Registered Users Posts: 38,542 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Blazer wrote: »
    We're supposed to be moving on from all this bull****.
    How are the protestants up north ever supposed to believe in unification when you still have muppets like this clown tweeting out this crap?
    Or do SF even care about what they think and if unification happens these people think they can do likewise to the prods like what they did to the catholics?
    Seriously what has that achieved but just murder and death on both sides.
    Its time for these SF clowns to get into the 21st century, put on their big boy pants, tell the IRA head honchos to **** off and die and maybe then they'll be ready to actually lead a country.
    But I doubt it by their recent behaviour.

Hopefully they don't ever. Who the hell wants all that hate as part of their country and the cost of a unification. I'm happy with my Republic as it is.

i think you are the only one who hasnt said it was a horrible thing for the british army to allow go ahead. In fact youve downplayed their part consistently. yet you pretend that you treat all the sides involved evenly. laughable, and very see through

Where have I said that the killing of the two kids in Belturbet was anything other than horrific?

You and the usual crew would be taken seriously if you were even handed.

You would think the 7 or 8 here (who blame the RA and the Shinners/Republicans for what happened) would be to the forefront in trying to find out what the responsible state did. You would think they would be so appalled that just once, one of them would have opened a thread to criticise and condemn them. We had the Irish power swap government in the frame last night for basically colluding in a cover-up of what happened in Belturbet and has there been a word about that from our gallant 7 or 8?

No, there hasn't. So colour me skeptical about you moral compass, empathy and compassion. You think a high moral ground speech obscures what you are doing but it doesn't.

• Advertisement

Where have I said that the killing of the two kids in Belturbet was anything other than horrific?

You never say these things unprompted. Transparent as newly cleaned glass.

You never say these things unprompted. Transparent as newly cleaned glass.

So I have never done anything other than express my horror at those killings.......but somehow this is a problem for you.

yeah - I dont think I'll bother.

Apply your own logic to your own posts and you might get my point (which you get perfectly but are avoiding answering like the plague)

The irony of this post is astounding. In response to me saying that all murder of innocents is wrong regardless of who the perpetrators are you accuse me of picking and choosing who's right and wrong. Accusing me of differentiating between perpetrators of murder. And then tell me I need to apply my own logic to my own posts lol.

Like the other shinners you have no point. Your sole aim is to deflect criticism, apologise for terrorism and pretend that everyone else is using flawed logic so as to mitigate the impact to SFs reputation.

How about all you shinners put the agenda aside for a while and join the rest of us in civilised society and condemn the murder of innocent people and condemn the celebration of the murder of innocent people. Just once, then you lot can go back to apologising for murderers and scumbags.

You and the usual crew would be taken seriously if you were even handed.

Again the irony of this post from a guy who's life is dedicated to defending SF, posting incessantly day and night to defend them at every turn across every thread remotely related to them and to the point of making excuses for Nazi collaboration lol.

So I have never done anything other than express my horror at those killings.......but somehow this is a problem for you.

Yes. If you really were concerned about victims you would be speaking of these things unprompted.

You would lay responsibility where it properly belongs and you would recognise that the IRA were a 'part' of a conflict/war with others and not the sole operators.
    In short, blame lies with all. And the most blame lies with the cause in any conflict/war.

Again the irony of this post from a guy who's life is dedicated to defending SF, posting incessantly day and night to defend them at every turn across every thread remotely related to them and to the point of making excuses for Nazi collaboration lol.

I believe the killing of innocents was wrong...have said it since the first day I posted here. That includes those killed by the IRA.

Yes. If you really were concerned about victims you would be speaking of these things unprompted.

You would lay responsibility where it properly belongs and you would recognise that the IRA were a 'part' of a conflict/war with others and not the sole operators.
    In short, blame lies with all. And the most blame lies with the cause in any conflict/war.

I have said before many times that I prioritise those who are asking for my votes.

If ever the British Army come looking for my vote, I will be equally to the forefront with my criticism.

However, let's be clear, the cause of the conflict was the psychopathic tendencies of the PIRA and their supporters. John Hume showed there was another way and eventually persuaded them of that.

I have said before many times that I prioritise those who are asking for my votes.

If ever the British Army come looking for my vote, I will be equally to the forefront with my criticism.

However, let's be clear, the cause of the conflict was the psychopathic tendencies of the PIRA and their supporters. John Hume showed there was another way and eventually persuaded them of that.

Ah, the usual cop out.

FF and FG are looking for your vote...what have you said about the accusations made by victims in the doc last night or the Glennane one?

Full of your own hyperbole and not a leg to stand on but a weak, 'they are not looking for my vote' excuse.

The cause of the conflict was partition....if ireland was united,the IRA wouldnt be fighting to reunify it imo

Seems obvious to me anyway

Oh don't mention the causes...that might mean FF and FG have to be criticised and horror of horrors the British and Unionists who abused partition the minute they achieved it,

• Advertisement

so you are admitting the british army turned a blind eye to the horrific murder to two teenagers? because that would be a first. if you did that then you'd have to admit that they are murdering scum as much as any other grouping involved.

Advertisement