Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Circuit Breaker

Options
  • 01-12-2020 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone some experience they could share of Wifi Circuit Breakers, the type that can link in to Alexa and be controlled by timer / remotely on phone by an app? I'm trying to find something that could replace some 1P B10A breakers controlling light circuits in an outhouse / garden - fuse box is in outhouse. I've seen a few on Amazon but C curve, higher amperage, and would prefer to swap like-for-like.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Why switch MCBs, would a WiFi switch not be much easier ?

A sonoff would be perfect.
    or use a sonoff to switch a contactor for heavier loads,you can get dinrail mountable sonoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I use a tplink plug that controls a contactor. I've never got around to using sonoff, but it's probably neater.
    I just needed a way to control storage heating, without me physically being there to switch it on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A sonoff would be perfect.
    or use a sonoff to switch a contactor for heavier loads,you can get dinrail mountable sonoffs.

+1

I use these too. Cheap, reliable and integrate fully with google home and Alexa.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jc1001

Thanks for all the replies - a bit of homework for me to do - I was thinking the wifi breaker because at the moment the outhouse internal lights are on a dual-dimmer with some garden lights, but the garden lights master is a photo cell, and I thought the easier things was just to replace the breaker for each circuit with a wifi enabled one, but it looks like there are easier options.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Look for the sonoff with RF too.
    I have a fob on my keys so I can turn on the lights to the garage without using my phone .
    Then you can turn them off with your phone/fob.

Advertisement