Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantity surveyor for an extension

Options
  • 01-12-2020 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi, is it necessary to hire a qs for an extension (83sqm) or is there any other options?

Would anyone be able to give an idea of the price of a qs? We are in Meath/Kildare.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Jem123 wrote: »
    Hi, is it necessary to hire a qs for an extension (83sqm) or is there any other options?

Would anyone be able to give an idea of the price of a qs? We are in Meath/Kildare.

Thanks

Bit of an unnecessary expense really due to the size of the project. If you have good Architect drawings/spec and do your research on the 4 or 5 builders you're going to ask to tender for the job you should be fine.

Unless of course you get quoted a cheap price which in Kildare I doubt that would happen.

Source: I'm a QS.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

lemonkey wrote: »
    Bit of an unnecessary expense really due to the size of the project. If you have good Architect drawings/spec and do your research on the 4 or 5 builders you're going to ask to tender for the job you should be fine.

Unless of course you get quoted a cheap price which in Kildare I doubt that would happen.

Source: I'm a QS.

Thank you! Good to know

Advertisement