Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Winter 2020 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The point of this thread is to discuss what the models currently are showing and take them at face value and compare them against other models or previous runs. That doesn't mean they are going to verify but are here for spotting trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Gonzo wrote: »
    The point of this thread is to discuss what the models currently are showing and take them at face value and compare them against other models or previous runs. That doesn't mean they are going to verify but are here for spotting trends.

Would it be possible to have a technical thread for the short term models for this week? Apologies for asking in this thread but it's where the majority of posters I'm learning so much from are posting and I'd love to see what they're thinking without the chat element. So much to learn but it's been fascinating. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

First out of the traps is the ICON which is enhancing the influence of Scandinavian high as compared to previous run
    icon-0-144.png?07-12

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Yes, a slight upgrade in terms of positioning - but we still need an undercutting LP

icon-0-171.png?07-12

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Would it be possible to have a technical thread for the short term models for this week? Apologies for asking in this thread but it's where the majority of posters I'm learning so much from are posting and I'd love to see what they're thinking without the chat element. So much to learn but it's been fascinating. Thanks all.

Unfortunately I do not see this event as serious or widespread enough to warrant it's own technical thread. This is no December 2010 or 2018 BFTE/Storm Emma, while it will be cold and there will be snow showers in places, this event is unlikely to be anywhere nearly as severe or widespread as those events. We will be keeping a very close eye on what happens this Thursday to see if we get a significant frontal snow event but at the moment this could still be a snow to rain event, particularly in the south-west of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

This would make me a very happy man :D

iconeu-uk1-1-108-0-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Early indications are the cold is going to be put up a big fight on the 12z GFS

gfs-0-84.png?12

Cold air not budging on the 12z. Snowing well into Friday afternoon across the eastern side of the country which would tally in with Met Eireanns farming forecast today of further snow on Friday.

gfs-1-120.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Gonzo wrote: »
    Unfortunately I do not see this event as serious or widespread enough to warrant it's own technical thread. This is no December 2010 or 2018 BFTE/Storm Emma, while it will be cold and there will be snow showers in places, this event is unlikely to be anywhere nearly as severe or widespread as those events. We will be keeping a very close eye on what happens this Thursday to see if we get a significant frontal snow event but at the moment this could still be a snow to rain event, particularly in the south-west of the country.

The <120 hrs model thread is here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2058137519&page=16

I'd bank this at 144hrs. The details can wait. The beast is not far away here synoptically speaking.

gfs-0-150.png?12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Barely any breakdown on the gfs 12..

@ 168hrs

gfs-0-168.png?12

Uppers @ 168 hrs

gfs-1-168.png?12

iRkBEBQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Dazler97

That would be a good valintines day, just me and the snow haha

Here she comes :D

gfs-0-192.png?12

An impressive cold pool to the east

gfs-1-198.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It looks like places higher up may hang on to their snow at the very least, before a possible main course is served around the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

gfs-1-198.png

1987 for the South East of England again?

I know....

Who cares about them, Nacho:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Sweet baby jeebus, 12z bring in the motherload in FI:eek:

:D

gfs-1-210.png?12

• Advertisement

Could be 87 for us if this verifies

gfs-1-210.png

That's two beasterlies within the last day on the GFS

I think GL was looking for some siberian air the other day.

gfsnh-0-204.png

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

gfs-1-198.png
    Colder than Greenland.....unlikely! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭pad199207

A1

C48-F8-E17-DA05-4112-AA2-D-7-B31-C8036221.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The daffodils will be going back to sleep&#55357;&#56837;&#55357;&#56837;&#55357;&#56837;

And now we Ophelia's sister wanting to join the party

gfs-0-228.png

gfs-1-198.png

Omg we just need it to cum over Ireland literally as it will be snow, I'm buzzing now especially if these models keep up

gfs-0-228.png

I'll officially name it strom #Karen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭pad199207

gfs-0-228.png

Typical for GFS to fire out a chart like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

I have been giving the GFS whiskey all day since last nights pub run should I continue to do so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement