Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Winter 2020 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭Artane2002

EC may work out in long run but it is frustrating how it just stalls that low over Ireland. If it could be shunted south in successive runs we will be on to a winner. Not big differences in the grand synoptic but huge differences for us here in Ireland.

it's hard to take it seriously with its wild run to run swings. on the other hand, could the ECM really be that wrong? the ECM and the other models will probably meet in the middle in my opinion, I can't see the ECM being so seriously wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ECM could come good at +240

Or not but still better than this morning imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Not a bad UKMO, an improvement from this morning. Still a bit to go.

UW144-21.GIF?30-17

And GFS ok as well @ day 5

gfs-0-144.png?12

gfs-1-144.png?12

What about that big red AH?
    I'm inclined to think you can forget about cold or snow while that's present on charts.
    But being FI there's s still time for it to relocate...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭pad199207

Small steps from the ECM this evening

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we are looking in a better place than we were this time yesterday. ECM is still not going for it however.

The ECM hopefully will finally get there tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Hopefully the GFS pub run later will continue with an upgrade, last thing we need right now is any more downgrades from any model but I get the feeling we have a bit to go on this rollercoaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,872 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

image.png.3cf9ba6a793263a46c4dad5f03600f0e.png

I don't understand how a flabby low like this just doesn't sink se quickly instead it goes north east and hangs around like a bad smell. It's a very confusing chart. I would like to think it will change on future runs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I see someone is trying to preorder some Valentines Day snow.

cfs-2-384.png?18

Will wishes come through or will our hearts be broken!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

I would imagine hearts will be broken..............again :rolleyes:

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Gonzo wrote: »
    I see someone is trying to preorder some Valentines Day snow.

cfs-2-384.png?18

Will wishes come through or will our hearts be broken!

That would be a 'meaningful' Valentine's Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I think it’s shaping up well for February, rollercoaster no doubt but it still looks quite good even a week out

• Advertisement

The ECM at day 10 looks like it will get there in the end, but more delays is time for something else to go wrong. I really hope the GEM is leading the pack here.

I feel by Monday at the latest, we will have our answer. Either the ECM will have egg on its face or proved that it is the lead model again as the other models move towards it.
    The ECM as it is might lead to some marginal events, but that is just a continuation of what we have had so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

RTEs farming/ extended forecast tomorrow will be interesting. Given there could be deep cold within 5 days they will have to at least mention the possibility I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭pauldry

Gerry will prob say it and go "We can expect some very cold weather to set in next weekend and with the cold temperatures we can expect any precipitation to be wintry. We can expect this to be codswallop by the weekend though and we can expect it to be pushed out to the following weekend"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Silence! It's pub run time :D

gfs-0-156.png?18

GFS looks alright to me..why the quietness:confused:

Arduach wrote: »
    gfs-0-156.png?18

Because its a brief easterly, before it becomes dry

it's a bit of a disaster tbh. 24 to 36 hours of maybe a few snow showers if even that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

gfs-0-156.png?18

Because it’s introduced mild air for next week that was not forecast initially.

It’s the same as last week. A cool weekend, mild mid week followed by a cool weekend.

I would personally prefer a consistent pattern of cool weather.

Gonzo wrote: »
    it's a bit of a disaster tbh. 24 to 36 hours of maybe a few snow showers if even that.

You might get a second bite of the cherry. It will be interesting to see where the high goes, but the way this winter has gone it will probably sink southwards

That's all deeper FI.

The brief Easterly might become something more. It's closer FI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

GFS brings in mild in FI. Easterly is there for next week in my amateur eyes. Could have been a lot worse

gfs-0-168.png

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Because it’s introduced mild air for next week that was not forecast initially.

It’s the same as last week. A cool weekend, mild mid week followed by a cool weekend.

I would personally prefer a consistent pattern of cool weather.

No use worrying about Wk2. That could have changed in the morning.

Parallel run is really good and has a northeasterly established as early as day 4.

gfs-0-204.png?18

There is a lot to iron out yet...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Rougies

We went from the 12z GFS thrilling descent into the wild double loop with corkscrew of the GEM followed by the sobering lift hill of the ECM. We're now in a flat slow turning section of the rollercoaster and we don't know what lies ahead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Looking across all the models some sort of cold solution is forecast for next weekend so without looking at individual runs the general cold theme prevails. The trend is your friend.

The para is an excellent run. Pity it's not for 2 days time.

Rougies wrote: »
    We went from the 12z GFS thrilling descent into the wild double loop with corkscrew of the GEM followed by the sobering lift hill of the ECM. We're now in a flat slow turning section of the rollercoaster and we don't know what lies ahead.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lads - it's over. Winter is a busted flush.

/buys snow plough

Tomorrow's models summed up in a gif :D

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Snowfest GEM evolution earlier so just saving it to look back on to see if any of it comes to fruit.

anim_cia6.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement